1. heaps of games were empty, except Lions games.Fred wrote: ↑Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:34 pm1. 90 percent were not empty.leeroy*NRL* wrote: ↑Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:35 am Gabba and Gold Coast had so many games that year.. in the not effected State of QLD
90% of games were empty.
(if i were the AFL i would play MAGIC in Sydney)
2. People couldn't travel to QLD from interstate.
3. People still concerned with Covid
4. I believe limits still on crowds - yes, pretty sure there was.
5. A targeted one off weekend event is different to playing across a season.
6. You have many more AFL supporters in QLD than Sydney.
2. was a 50% cap and lifted to 75% cap for GF
3. exactly my point, people could not travel from Interstate... (hence people coming for MAGIC would be heavily from Interstate.
and that is also why crowds were tiny.
4. 2020 was not as bad as you think in QLD> (the intital 4-6 rounds was locked out pretty much.
5. yeah def a target event will be alot better attended That is a no brainer
6. more supporters in QLD because Victorians move here lol (ofc) i play Cricket, half the team is from Victoria. (mostly in pass few years.)