Swans Back in the Top 8

Australian Football news and discussion.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Swans Back in the Top 8

Post by Beaussie »

Woo hoo, Sydney is back in the 8 after a fantastic win yesterday. Oh and Croc, so much for your theory that the Swans can't kick more than 11 goals. :roll:

Was great to see the Swans playing attacking footy again, particularly after things were looking very grim in the 1st quarter.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Yes the swans are looking like producing more than 50% of their potential again. I always knew what they could do, unlike you it seems beaussie, and definitely unlike our afl expert croc who has had no idea in predicting anything and everything so far this season!!! Keep trying though croc its getting hilarious :lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
boof1978
Rookie
Rookie
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by boof1978 »

Isn't it funny, a few weeks ago you guys were bagging the crap out of the swans and now that they've won a couple the confidence has returned. I told you Paul Roos would come up with something to get them back into the winning circle, just needed a couple of weeks. Just like my Crows, a week ago I was frustrated with the losses to Melbourne and Brisbane but who would have thought they would smash St Kilda's brains in at Telstra Dome. Like they say, a week is a long time in football, and you guys have the saints this weekend hopefully Roo and Macca have put some fear in them for this week for you. Cheers
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Fair point boof. Footy sure can be frustrating. Being in Sydney though, the fans need to be critical to keep the team on their toes. Sure as hell can't rely on the media to do it for us. I can't stand the feel good stories about players when things aren't going well. It wouldn't happen in Melbourne. That said the media is getting better in Sydney and things are looking good for the Swans again. Tough game this week against the Saints this weekend that's for sure. Go Swans, Onward To Victory!
Scorger Man
Reserves
Reserves
Team: Richmond Tigers

Post by Scorger Man »

Swans fans,
as the game on the weekend was actually a Bulldogs home match, did Sydney fans feel that as they wouldn't travel to Melbourne just for a game of AFL, that they felt it wasn't fair if they turn up to the SCG and give support to their team? :?
Dizzys_on_fire
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by Dizzys_on_fire »

Not attempting to cause a stir here, but I watched what I could of the Swans recent matches against Port Adelaide and the Bulldogs and I have to say that they were the two most boring/tedious AFL matches i've watched.

Is it any coincidence that both these matches involved the Swans?

If what they're doing is working for them, then fine. But as a confessed novice AFL watcher, the games involving the Swans are the hardest for me to watch and get into.
Jason Gillespie - 54* (155)

Formerly Uppy80
crocodileman

Post by crocodileman »

Dizzys_on_fire wrote:
Not attempting to cause a stir here, but I watched what I could of the Swans recent matches against Port Adelaide and the Bulldogs and I have to say that they were the two most boring/tedious AFL matches i've watched.

Is it any coincidence that both these matches involved the Swans?

If what they're doing is working for them, then fine. But as a confessed novice AFL watcher, the games involving the Swans are the hardest for me to watch and get into.
No Dizzys, no coincidence at all! This is exactly what I and many others have been saying about them for some time - they barely average 11 goals a game and that was inflated by a fluke 18 goal game against the Hawks in the early part of the season.

They will fall by the wayside soon enough with this boring, monotonous game they play and their only supporters will be Beaussie (bandwagoner to all who know him!) and Jf_Bay 22 (KE will be long gone!)

Big Barry Hall would be better served taking up boxing now!
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

As a lions supporter croc could you please give me some insight into your views of their game at present? You havent said much :D

And what about this so called superstar jonothan brown? :lol: Whats he doing lately? Anyone can kick 8 uncontested goals cant they now :lol:

xman wrote:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Dizzys_on_fire wrote:
If what they're doing is working for them, then fine.
6th spot on the ladder. Things are certainly looking better for the Swans. I actually thought the Bulldogs game wasn't to bad when compared to some of Sydney's other performances this year. The atmosphere at the SCG in the last quarter in particular was electric. Guess you had to be there to experience it.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

As i said earlier swans are really only producing 60 odd% of what they're capable of. Watch more dizzy's they look on the rise to me. Hey croc still waiting for your reply? :lol:

xman wrote:
crocodileman

Post by crocodileman »

King-Eliagh wrote:
As i said earlier swans are really only producing 60 odd% of what they're capable of. Watch more dizzy's they look on the rise to me. Hey croc still waiting for your reply? :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Funny stuff!
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Croc even if you say "ahem no comment" to my questions on how you feel the lions are travelling this season, that would be fine :lol:

xman wrote:
crocodileman

Post by crocodileman »

King-Eliagh wrote:
As a lions supporter croc could you please give me some insight into your views of their game at present? You havent said much :D

And what about this so called superstar jonothan brown? :lol: Whats he doing lately? Anyone can kick 8 uncontested goals cant they now :lol:
Brown had another big one on Saturday night I believe - he kicked something like 5 or 6 goals and was listed as Brisbane's best! He's a champion!

As for the Lions, to use your words KE, they're operating at about 60%!!

Sure, they are not doing enough at the moment, but even a glance at Beaussie's injury links page will show why they are not going great guns - they have more injuries than any other club, including some quality name players, not just fringe selections. Up until yesterday, they had 16 players listed (8 the most from any other club!) although I notice today it is 11 players. It does say, however, that Lappin will return this week, but this is not correct as he broke down at training yesterday! It also said Jared Brennan is available, although he won't play for another 2 weeks!

With any luck with injuries over the next 12 weeks they will be playing finals footy. It won't be just in wek 1 either!

Does that satisfy your question KE?
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

No not really. I want you to comment on the way they are playing. Not their injuries, nor anything else. Just the way they're playing at present. I'll start you off ok.

This season for the whole season the lions have played like shit.....

xman wrote:
crocodileman

Post by crocodileman »

King-Eliagh wrote:
I want you to comment on the way they are playing.
I thought I had? I have said that they're not doing enough and that they are PLAYING at 60% capacity.

Surely it is obvious that I answered your original question. Even to you, KE.