Raiders crowd have ANOTHER dismal showing!!!

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 0

Raiders crowd have ANOTHER dismal showing!!!

Post by Swans4ever »

Only 9519 spectators turn out to see the snot greens play in IDEAL conditions - a club that has won premierships, has great facilities and 30 years of history in the area - GWS crowd of 7863 while not great was only 1700 behind them and grew by 700 spectators from the same game last year! The Raiders however seem to be in the dead spiral - crowds even from the last game there fell by 120 spectators - are we witnessing the decline of the ONLY RL team in the area - NO success on the field, falling crowds and their RL clubs suffering a downturn in patrons! As we haven't heard from our resident fan of the snot greens, RD, it appears even he has given up on them and we may have to hold RD's eulogy, remembering how he always told us both he and his beloved Snot Greens were unbeatable and have seen off every AFL rival alas that now seems to be a thing of the past - How long before the Snot Greens join the ever growing list of cut RL clubs???
Newtown Jets
Glebe
North Sydney Bears
Adelaide Rams
Perth Reds
Hunter Mariners
Queensland Crushers
Gold Coast Chargers

Almost a league of their own! R.I.P. Snot greens - R.I.P. RD!

Despite sunny autumn conditions, only 9519 attended Saturday’s 26-12 loss to Newcastle.

The positive for the Raiders is that it bettered the AFL match between Greater Western Sydney and Western Bulldogs taking place across town at Manuka, which attracted 7863 spectators.

While the Raiders have had only two matches at home this season under new coach Ricky Stuart, and they get another chance at Canberra Stadium against the Melbourne Storm next Sunday, the numbers have not been adding up.
The Raiders have been beaten 220-84 in the six matches at Canberra Stadium since their last home win, against the Parramatta Eels on July 20 last year.
Incredibly, Canberra’s current home drought was preceded by 12 straight victories at Canberra Stadium.
Raiders skipper Terry Campese was lost for ideas on how to find more fans – other than to win.
“We won 12 in a row at one stage and we were still only getting 10,000,’’ Campese said.
“It [AFL Giants schedule clash] is just one of those excuses I think, and I don’t know how to get them here.
“Fans do help, and we have to start winning games to get them back.
“It’s a massive difference if there’s another five or six thousand here, it lifts our spirits.
“It’s definitely helped us in the past, I hope they realise how important they are.
“We don’t talk about the record too much, we just want to start winning these football games.
Raiders lock Shaun Fensom said improving their bleak Canberra Stadium record was the only solution.
“We’re very disappointed we didn’t turn it on for those who showed up,’’ he said.
“In 2010 we packed it out for a semi-final [against Wests Tigers], and it’d be good to get back to those numbers eventually.
“But we have to start winning to get the crowds back.’’
At Manuka Oval, there were more questions over the state of the surface than the crowds in the stands.
Manuka resembled a beach – players were treated for grazes and cuts because of surface sand.
It resulted in the ground producing dead bounces and making it difficult to read the bounce of the ball.
Western Bulldogs coach Brendan McCartney was surprised with the surface.
“There’s a lot of boys with bark off their knees – you don’t play on many grounds like that,” McCartney said.
“There was not a lot of give in it, it was almost like a dull thud, it was pretty sandy.
“It is AFL footy, you probably expect that you don’t have that. It was a little surprising.”
While the crowd wasn’t big, it exceeded last year’s contest between the Giants and Bulldogs, which attracted 7132.
“There was plenty of noise out there,” Giants coach Leon Cameron said.
“Up until the last 10 minutes of the game it was actually a good game of footy to watch – free flowing, some good scoring from both sides.
“Giants supporters, Bulldogs supporters and neutral supporters, I think it was fantastic, there was a good bit of noise and footy’s in the right place down here, especially from the Giants’ point of view.’’
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
Cracker
Coach
Coach
Team: Bulldogs

Re: Raiders crowd have ANOTHER dismal showing!!!

Post by Cracker »

Here's a thought. I don't have the time at present, but could someone do some research and compare the crowds between a Labor Federal government period and a Coalition? (1986 - when the Raiders were founded - to 1995 and 2007 to 2013 alongside 1996 to 2006 and 2014 so far) It seems silly I know, but why do I think that when morale is higher in Canberra in general sporting crowds rise?
cos789
Coach
Coach
Team: Wookie is a failed pathetic ugly woman

Post by cos789 »

My theory is that rl fans tire really easily.
Nice try Cos.
Cracker
Coach
Coach

Post by Cracker »

I doubt that, because if it was true the ratings would be lower than they are.
cos789
Coach
Coach

Post by cos789 »

Cracker wrote:
Ratings don't actually measure the percentage of viewers asleep in front of the nrl.
Nice try Cos.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Maybe if the players in Canberra started playing hard for their team and showing how proud they are to play in it instead of behaving like spoilt brats all day every day, the people might just start supporting them again.

The Raiders need a complete clean out from the top all the way to the bottom.
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
Cracker
Coach
Coach

Post by Cracker »

cos789 wrote:
Cracker wrote:
Ratings don't actually measure the percentage of viewers asleep in front of the nrl.
They don't do this for the AFL either. A ridiculous point that you should not have made.
cos789
Coach
Coach

Post by cos789 »

Why is it ridiculous to suggest rl fans loose interest very quickly when in fact the crowds in WA seem to point to this fact.
By the way the ratings for rl in WA are quite abysmal as well.
Nice try Cos.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

cos789 wrote:
Cracker wrote:
:(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/

Can you explain how you know this.
Unless you are looking in the windows of houses(3000)across AUS who have a Ratings box,
Then your post is about as credible as most of your lies .

:))) :))) :))) :))) :)))
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans

Post by Swans4ever »

AFLcrap1 wrote:
cos789 wrote:
Cracker wrote:
:(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/

Can you explain how you know this.
Unless you are looking in the windows of houses(3000)across AUS who have a Ratings box,
Then your post is about as credible as most of your lies .

:))) :))) :))) :))) :)))
How do you prove there is anyone actually watching - what if the TV has been left on??? TV ratings are an indication only - why do you RL supporters NEVER talk about TV ratings IN CONJUNCTION with, membership, crowds, sponsorship and total revenue - because that's the ONLY stat that even remotely supports any argument you have - but you never talk about AFL ratings NATIONALLY only in Sydney and we all know why that is!!!!!!!
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
Cracker
Coach
Coach

Post by Cracker »

cos789 wrote:
Why is it ridiculous to suggest rl fans loose interest very quickly when in fact the crowds in WA seem to point to this fact.
The reason why WA ratings are poor is because Channel Nine is not taking the time difference into account in their programming.

You have no possible method of telling through TV ratings how supporters lose interest in any given game.
cos789
Coach
Coach

Post by cos789 »

No. ratings are poor due to lack of interest
Nice try Cos.
adamj1300
Has thanked: 0

Post by adamj1300 »

Cracker wrote:
cos789 wrote:
The reason why WA ratings are poor is because Channel Nine is not taking the time difference into account in their programming.

You have no possible method of telling through TV ratings how supporters lose interest in any given game.
no the NRL does get a fair share of promoting in WA. on nine and as well as foxtell.
there is no interest in RL in WA.
there are a few kiwis there & a lot of South Africans, who obviously follow the union the springboks.
having spent a few years working in the pilbara, port headland and a year living in perth, there is very little interest in RL
Cracker
Coach
Coach

Post by Cracker »

cos789 wrote:
No. ratings are poor due to lack of interest
In your biased anti rugby league opinion.

Adamj1300, there is a rugby league competition in the Pilbara so do not tell me there is no interest there.

http://www.pilbararugbyleague.leaguenet.com.au/
cos789
Coach
Coach

Post by cos789 »

really. a bunch of expats in an isolated FIFO land . Is that what your argument has descended to??
Nice try Cos.