NRL acts , while the VFL does nothing

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra
Been liked: 0

NRL acts , while the VFL does nothing

Post by Raiderdave »

the NRL .. with assistance from some of its vocal coaches & CEO's
have forced the ACC to give details of the ambivalent , quite unspecific press release on Wednesday stating rampant drug use in Australian sport.
the NRL demanded to know ... what was going on where their comp is concerned & who is involved .... tell us ... tell us NOW !!
Since then the NRL's CEO David Smith has received the information that indicates a problem
although during last nights All Stars game in Brisbane he indicated the alleged problem is confined to a very small % of clubs & players in the NRL
( as Raiderdave said it would be :wink: )

Phil Gould & Wayne Bennett loudly criticised the Federal Govt & ACC for tarring every clean player ... in every sport implicated not just their own ..with the same brush
As Wayne Bennett said .... what the F is ASADA doing .. we pay them a lot of money
how didn't they find out about this earlier ?
great questions .... interesting points raised by the NRL & some of its higher profile indentities ,good on the NRL for taking on these allegations against its organisation
yet it seems :-k ... the NRL is the only sport endeavouring to take on these allegations & get to the heart of the problem in its sport.
the NRL truly leading the way

theres another sport who its known ... has a far bigger issue ... a lot more clubs ..a lot more players
& you could hear a fly fart ... its been that quiet
not a thing from them ....

rest assured a big fat four eyed gimp .. told the dopey fans of his sport
we'll sort this out
we'll get to the bottom of it

Crickets chirping
Crickets chirping [-X [-X [-( [-( [-(
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
Striker
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Storm

Re: NRL acts , while the VFL does nothing

Post by Striker »

Raid, they already knew. They had access to the full report. All the CEO's did. The public didn't.

The NRL has it all in hand. I have to admit on the face of it the AFL do as well. It's the A-League that are the f-wits!
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon

Post by Xman »

1. Last night all 18 clubs were put on notice by the AFL Commission and sent a list of reforms to be acted on following a meeting with senior club personnel.

The raft of integrity reforms includes background 2. checks on all staff, including sports scientists, high-performance managers and subcontractors, as well as 3. an audit on supplements used by players.

The AFL's medical commissioners may have a bigger say in 4. how club medical departments are run following a review, and a 5. whistleblower service is to be introduced.

Demetriou vowed that the 6. AFL would share all relevant drug information with governments and police, similar to their agreements in helping to police gambling.

"It would be fair to say that after today there will be people at all of our clubs at all levels, which would include players, that would have had a wake-up call," Demetriou said.

"And if you are out there and you think you can run the gauntlet in cheating in this system, make no mistake - you will be caught. This is a wake-up call.

"And after today, make absolutely no mistake - you will be caught."

7. The four key members of each club - chairman, coach, chief executive and general manager of football operations - will be summonsed to meet the AFL Commission as soon as possible.

"We're putting all clubs on notice that they will have to advise the AFL of all drugs and substances they are providing to their players and the use of those substances will be subject to AFL approval," Fitzpatrick said.

8. "We will instruct our medical commissioners to meet all club doctors to review their practices and their supervision of treatments and report back to the AFL Commission."

Demetriou said: "There are some drugs being used today which can't be tested for." He said the league would rely heavily on gathering intelligence to expose drug cheats, citing the eventual success in catching disgraced cyclist Lance Armstrong.

"It proves as good as it is today, we need to do more, because the scientists and these people who are peddling and experimenting are ahead of everyone else," he said in relation to the current testing of illegal substances.

Demetriou would not comment on the Essendon probe but said the AFL was acting swiftly on the ACC report because "there's no time to waste".

9. He said the league already had plans in place to beef up its integrity department before the ACC release and briefing yesterday.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/a ... 6573005352

9 initiatives implemented immediately

Yeah, nothing... :roll:
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
Striker
Coach
Coach

Post by Striker »

Big whoop. As good as nothing, X!
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Striker wrote:
As opposed to the NRL's: "tell me now so we can clear our name" tactic? :roll:
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
Striker
Coach
Coach

Post by Striker »

Yeah! The NRL want public disclosure to protect those who aren't affected NOW! Inside a month of the full season starting!
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Striker wrote:
Yeah! The NRL want public disclosure to protect those who aren't affected NOW! Inside a month of the full season starting!
Which doesnt mean they arent guilty, it just means they havent been caught yet. The fact is changes need to be made to ensure this doesnt occur again. The AFL have made change and as usual are being proactive. The NRL as usual are being reactive. :roll:
Striker
Coach
Coach

Post by Striker »

The AFL are being reactive, because their so-called protections have been exposed as useless! They're trying to cover their tracks, not making change. Just as guilty, and they think they can handle it. The NRL know how big this is and the AFL are putting their heads in the sand hoping it'll go away.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:
Striker wrote:
As opposed to the NRL's: "tell me now so we can clear our name" tactic? :roll:

tell us now so the innocent can go on with their lives
& we can show the guilty ..... the door
well done NRL for tackling this head on

the VFL ..... crickets chirping [-X [-X [-( [-( [-(
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Striker
Coach
Coach

Post by Striker »

What Raid said.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:
Striker wrote:
Which doesnt mean they arent guilty, it just means they havent been caught yet. The fact is changes need to be made to ensure this doesnt occur again. The AFL have made change and as usual are being proactive. The NRL as usual are being reactive. :roll:
changes need to be made ?
funny
its the VFL that has had an ingerity unit for 5 years ..... , wasn't that a " change" 5 years ago to try n head off this type of thing ?

how'd that turn out for yuz ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

VFL
plenty of lip ...but no effective action [-X [-X [-( [-( [-(
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Striker wrote:
The AFL are being reactive, because their so-called protections have been exposed as useless! They're trying to cover their tracks, not making change. Just as guilty, and they think they can handle it. The NRL know how big this is and the AFL are putting their heads in the sand hoping it'll go away.
Ahh no. The AFL already had an integrity unit while the NRL refused, but have now change their mind. Which is reactive?

Saying the AFL's integrity unit is useless is a joke. You have no idea what the ACC report includes and who it targets regarding match fixing. If it isnt the AFL, as has been indicated in the media, do you think it did its job?
Striker
Coach
Coach

Post by Striker »

I'm talking about the drugs, not the match fixing. Like I said, the integrity unit is useless.
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Striker wrote:
I'm talking about the drugs, not the match fixing. Like I said, the integrity unit is useless.
ASADA look after drug testing and punishments. Thats not the role of an integrity unit.
Striker
Coach
Coach

Post by Striker »

Integrity unit protects the integrity of the game, right? So the integrity of the game doesn't include drug use?