A bad move by the AFL in their pathetic 'War'

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

A bad move by the AFL in their pathetic 'War'

Post by King-Eliagh »

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... 1j6tr.html

What a disgusting approach the AFL is taking here. Interesting to read that Rugby League grounds are for everyone's use once the league training/games are over. Not so from the AFL's perspective. Just throw $100,000 and keep all people from doing anything but afl on it.

This will come back to bite them. I mean do they really think that buying the fields and telling people they can't play anything else on it will draw numbers? I dont think this dictatorial approach will work. Even I now am thinking. Should I continue supporting this code?

I'm starting to agree with Raider. AFL :arrow: A culture to despise. :/;

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra
Been liked: 0

Re: A bad move by the AFL in their pathetic 'War'

Post by Raiderdave »

King-Eliagh wrote:

What a disgusting approach the AFL is taking here. Interesting to read that Rugby League grounds are for everyone's use once the league training/games are over. Not so from the AFL's perspective. Just throw $100,000 and keep all people from doing anything but afl on it.

This will come back to bite them. I mean do they really think that buying the fields and telling people they can't play anything else on it will draw numbers? I dont think this dictatorial approach will work. Even I now am thinking. Should I continue supporting this code?

the arrogance of the AFL knows no bounds
the NRL as has been pointed out wouldn't take such drastic & desperate measures to lock out rivals even if they had the lined pockets that the AFL does

imagine the NRL going into Melbourne & doing what the AFL is doing in Western Sydney
how would that go down ?

an utter disgrace but not entirely surprising that this pathetic organisation would stoop to this

a culture to despise indeed :wink:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

A shocking waste of land too. It will mean that, as in the picture, this field lies empty for the majority of the time. A father and son cant use it to muck around with a kite or frisbee, no no no sir, that's not 'AFL'... Cant believe someone can pay 100,000 to ensure a land mass goes to waste. :x

xman wrote:
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

King-Eliagh wrote:
A shocking waste of land too. It will mean that, as in the picture, this field lies empty for the majority of the time. A father and son cant use it to muck around with a kite or frisbee, no no no sir, that's not 'AFL'... Cant believe someone can pay 100,000 to ensure a land mass goes to waste. :x
apparently the deputy mayor of the local council is a
" life long AFL fan " :?
its friggin council land owned by the rate payers in the area ... not the deputy mayor
hes quoted in the press as saying the " AFL are prepared to put money into local grounds while the NRL is not "

ummmm yeah , the AFL will put in money
provided this means they can lock out other sports .. in other words their support has " strings attached "

no council has the F'ing right to do that
if the AFL want to donate some coin to fix a ground or 2 up , for the betterment of ALL sport in the area , then that would be a great thing & attract great headlines as it should

but to do this only to lock everyone else out
its disgusting & I hope the rate payers in the area vote this clown of a deputy mayor out at the next council elections :twisted:
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:
Has thanked: 0

Post by Grim Reaper »

See nothing wrong with it..well done AFL, need to keep the rugby league riff raff off our turfs =D>
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

The oval was Terra Nullius and I appalud the AFL for putting the oval to use now =D>
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

King-Eliagh wrote:

Oh wake up to yourself stupid. FFS how long do you think Rugby League has been locking Australian Football out of this city? The AFL contributes to the costs of the grounds unlike the NRL. Go fuck yourselves throwball fans. And stay off our grounds. :evil:
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Beaussie wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:

Oh wake up to yourself stupid. FFS how long do you think Rugby League has been locking Australian Football out of this city? The AFL contributes to the costs of the grounds unlike the NRL. Go **** yourselves throwball fans. And stay off our grounds. :evil:
off public land ?

never .... & fumbleball don't contribute .. they buy off with conditions that include locking other sports off public land
they are scum
& the terrorgraph .. will make sure this is reported the way it should be
as the cashed up bully boys bribing council officials
stand over merchants
will go down a treat this will .... a treat :twisted:
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

As if the AFL is worried abut the Terrorgraph and their bunch of phone hacking vermin! :roll:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Raiderdave wrote:
Beaussie wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:

Oh wake up to yourself stupid. FFS how long do you think Rugby League has been locking Australian Football out of this city? The AFL contributes to the costs of the grounds unlike the NRL. Go **** yourselves throwball fans. And stay off our grounds. :evil:
off public land ?

never .... & fumbleball don't contribute .. they buy off with conditions that include locking other sports off public land
they are scum
stand over merchants
You paupers just wish you had the funds to follow suit. Not in a million years sunshine. :(/
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Beaussie wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:

Rugby League locking AFL out of the city? I dont understand. AFL's been here almost 30 years.

xman wrote:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

You don't understand much at all that much is clear. :roll:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

The AFL's been here 30years.

xman wrote:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Australian Football has been played in NSW for longer than Rugby League. FACT
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Beaussie wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Beaussie wrote:
off public land ?

they are scum
stand over merchants
You paupers just wish you had the funds to follow suit. Not in a million years sunshine. :(/
if we did .. we wouldn't employ these stand over tactics
we wouldn't bribe public officials
we wouldn't act like arrogant w@nkers ....

but we are talking about the AFL here

& these 3 qualities above are straight out of the AFL manual

AFL ... a culture to despise