Lockyers last club match sells out 17 days in advance

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra
Been liked: 0

Lockyers last club match sells out 17 days in advance

Post by Raiderdave »

Broncos Officials claim they could have sold more then 70K tickets had there been a ground able to hold such a crowd in Brisbane

SE Qld ... Strong NRL heartland , nothing surer :wink:

http://www.broncos.com.au/default.aspx? ... -a-sellout

Lockyer Farewell A Sellout
Trad McLean
Bronco Media
18/08/2011 9:16:16 AM
The NRMA Insurance Broncos have this morning announced the earliest sellout in their history with tickets for the Darren Lockyer farewell match against Manly on September 4 gone.

Fans who do not have tickets for the game now are being urged to use the Sunday August 28 home match against the Rabbitohs as their opportunity to say goodbye to Lockyer.

The Father’s Day game against Manly becomes the fastest-ever Broncos’ sellout with allavailable tickets for the 52,500 Suncorp Stadium snapped up 17 days before the match.

Broncos’ chief executive Paul White said the club was ecstatic at the response from the public to what will be an historic day for the club and Queensland rugby league supporters.

“We knew there would be a large and highly-emotional reaction to the event of Darren Lockyer’s last home game, but the reaction has caught us by surprise,â€
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Like most Australians no doubt, I'm wondering who is Darren Lockyer? Popular in QLD I take it? :?
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:
Has thanked: 0

Post by Grim Reaper »

Is that guy on Master Chef?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Maybe Grim. Like I say most Australians are scratching their heads thinking who is the chump. A nobody outside of QLD is my best guess.
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

Bring in the AFL Ninjas to this person's last game and that wll get National coverage... :evil:
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Beaussie wrote:
Like most Australians no doubt, I'm wondering who is Darren Lockyer? Popular in QLD I take it? :?
the TV ratings this game will also get on a Sunday across NSW & QLD will be the stuff boggerball could only dream of

dare I say this time .. pop on your 3 games on to our 1

& we'll get the dough .. without the Regionals :wink:

feebleball .... what a joke :_<> :(/ :(/ :_<>
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Grim Reaper wrote:
Bring in the AFL Ninjas to this person's last game and that wll get National coverage... :evil:
Darrens Mum would make short work of this lot .. Sam Thiaday would use them as tooth picks :wink:
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

Who is this Darren's Mum and what is a Thiaday? :-k
Dogs
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by Dogs »

Beaussie wrote:
Real patriotic. I have never watch a full game of Aerial Ballet in my life as I lose interest in the mass male orgy every 5 seconds. But I would still know if one of your players had played for our country as much as this guys has, sorry thats right you don't have any rep footy worth watching, so it doesn't count in your eyes. Well done playing dumb you, have done it very well so far, so why break a good thing.
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

Who cares about representing your country? In the nrl the so-called International games are with NZ and the Pacific Islands....big fcking deal!
Dogs
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by Dogs »

Grim Reaper wrote:
Who cares about representing your country? In the nrl the so-called International games are with NZ and the Pacific Islands....big fcking deal!
You say this as you don't have real rep footy. Your administration obviously hold it in higher regard then you as they are trying to promote your rubbish globally.

You might also want to add in the poms for RL, you know the country that most immigrant Australians came from. That aside, this is still 2 more countries then AFL is played in and then there PNG who have declared RL their national sport to add another. A country which has helped us to were we are today, thanks to their assistance we aren't all speaking Japanese. Looks like another AFL fan who closes their eyes to only information that favours AFL, Well done Grim nonsense preacher.

Did you watch the world cup when the socceroos played or are you just aerial ping pong through and through
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

AFL does not need to play games overseas as we have the crowds here, unlike the nrl that cannot fill a stadium in Australia thus the reason having to go and play against tinpot countries elsewhere...As for the Socceroo aka Wogball who cares, most who supported them are bandwagon supporters. Thank God Australia did no get the world cup as FIFA is a corrupt joke..Run off a play your irrelevant Throwball you Dog! :twisted:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Darren Lockyer, wha a legend. I'll be tuning in to see this champion play his last game in Brissy. Would love to have been there too. I agree with Raider, I think the tv ratings are gunna be fairly extreme also. Amazgin evidence of the real support out there for the code.

The best thing is this guy is still at the top of his game, a great way to leave the sport. Did anyone see that freakishly high spiralling bomb he put up the other week!? I wouldnt mind if the Broncos take the title this year to send him out the way he deserves it.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Dogs
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by Dogs »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Darren Lockyer, wha a legend. I'll be tuning in to see this champion play his last game in Brissy. Would love to have been there too. I agree with Raider, I think the tv ratings are gunna be fairly extreme also. Amazgin evidence of the real support out there for the code.

The best thing is this guy is still at the top of his game, a great way to leave the sport. Did anyone see that freakishly high spiralling bomb he put up the other week!? I wouldnt mind if the Broncos take the title this year to send him out the way he deserves it.
I went to his record equalling game 349, still got 34K to the game which is not bad considering the Wallabies were on Tv at the same time.
Dogs
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by Dogs »

Grim Reaper wrote:
AFL does not need to play games overseas as we have the crowds here, unlike the nrl that cannot fill a stadium in Australia thus the reason having to go and play against tinpot countries elsewhere...As for the Socceroo aka Wogball who cares, most who supported them are bandwagon supporters. Thank God Australia did no get the world cup as FIFA is a corrupt joke..Run off a play your irrelevant Throwball you Dog! :twisted:
Darren Lockyer is a legend that has played a massive amount of games for his state and country, that can not be disputed regardless of what you follow. If you don't know who he is, that proove the bubble that you live in.

With your nonsense comment above, my point is proven. You Aerial ballarina fans think there is only one sport in the world (Even though it is only popular in half of one country out of the entire world). Go on tell me AFL is more popular than soccer, you have no idea. Continue to live in your bubble.

In response to your comment. It is not that AFL does not need to played overseas, it is that you do not have a choice, as outside VIC, SA and WA there is no real interest. Granted AFL is trying there best as your administration believe you need it, but have been trying unsuccessfully for years.