Penriths Michael Jennings named and shamed for poor conductq

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Penriths Michael Jennings named and shamed for poor conductq

Post by King-Eliagh »

After Jennings turned up to training under the influence of alcohol this week the Panthers club suspended him for a game and further punished him by getting him to walk around panthers stadium giving out tickets to supporters. I think Jennings had payed for the tickets. The punishment highlighted the fact that many fans would have come to the ground to see Jennings play and that he had let them down but would be back next week bigger and better.

What a great policy from an NRL CLub. It was great to see Jennings stand up to his indiscretion and take his punishment like a man - publicly in front of thousands of panthers fans this weekend.

I wonder what an AFL club would do? Probably let him play, ensure noone leaked this information, and provide him with the most discrete counselling service available to mankind. :roll: Ahh they get it good those afl lads dont they! :lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Truthsayer
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Truthsayer »

Mr Jennings would have been de-listed.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

Truthsayer wrote:
Mr Jennings would have been de-listed.
delisted .... phhhhttttt
he'd of been made an All Australian
ahhh
tell me what is an All Australian :-k

do you have some half Australians in your game ? :?>
1/3rd Australians .... 3/8th's Australian ? #-o

& if so

what is the other half / percentage

what a silly game feebleball is :wink:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Ahh Truthslayer. I think Fevola turned up shiitfaced at probably a dozen times when he shouldnt have been during his afl career.

Doubt the panthers/nrl would let that happen. He's in deep poo already, and the thousands of fans know it. A very legitimate punishment. The NRL, the leader in transparency when it comes to player indescretions. The AFL should follow suit, pronto. :)

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Giving out free tickets as punishment. Oh dear, if only it was really the case. Pathetic NRL. #-o
Truthsayer
Has thanked: 0

Post by Truthsayer »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Ahh Truthslayer. I think Fevola turned up shiitfaced at probably a dozen times when he shouldnt have been during his afl career.
It was only on three occasions, and the last two resulted in him having to change clubs due to de-listing. He escaped punishment from the first because he was provoked.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

King-Eliagh wrote:

Doubt the panthers/nrl would let that happen. He's in deep poo already, and the thousands of fans know it. A very legitimate punishment. The NRL, the leader in transparency when it comes to player indescretions. The AFL should follow suit, pronto. :)
agreed
what a novel & appropriate punishment for Jennings

imagine the AFL doing something like this
what am I saying ... the indiscretion would never see the light of day :wink:
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Truthsayer wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:
It was only on three occasions, and the last two resulted in him having to change clubs due to de-listing. He escaped punishment from the first because he was provoked.
the NRL de-registered Carney when the Raiders de listed him
stopping him from going & playing somewhere else like Fevola did

he had to go play in the bush for a year & work as a labourer to make ends meet
tougher punishment then Fevola ever got