Raiders , financial Rocks of Aust Sport

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
eelofwest
Coach
Coach
Team: Eels
Been liked: 0

Re: Raiders , financial Rocks of Aust Sport

Post by eelofwest »

Xman wrote:
Ah yeah, didnt notice you'd changed from the raiders to the panthers! :lol: :lol:

Who cares! The NRL actually spending some money on their own heartland! How astounding! :lol: :lol:
Yeah care to answer my question Gimp....

Who in the AFL will own a asset worth 850m that will be directly used to further the AFL in its heartland???????????????

NONE................................. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon

Post by Xman »

eelofwest wrote:
Xman wrote:
Ah yeah, didnt notice you'd changed from the raiders to the panthers! :lol: :lol:

Who cares! The NRL actually spending some money on their own heartland! How astounding! :lol: :lol:

Who in the AFL will own a asset worth 850m that will be directly used to further the AFL in its heartland???????????????

are you suggesting the panthers will OWN this as an ASSETT? :-k

It only says theyre planning to build it. It doesn't say they'll own it outright as an ASSETT. :roll:
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
Stewie
Coach
Coach
Team: Port Adelaide Football Club

Post by Stewie »

The AFL will own a billion dollar asset in Etihad soon.
Raiderdave wrote:

7K is a tremendous turnout
eelofwest
Coach
Coach

Post by eelofwest »

Xman wrote:
eelofwest wrote:
Xman wrote:

It only says theyre planning to build it. It doesn't say they'll own it outright as an ASSETT. :roll:
Nope but i am suggesting that this asset will be used for junior league academies which will be unmatched in Australian sport.

So your answer is None............... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

eelofwest wrote:
Xman wrote:
eelofwest wrote:

Nope but i am suggesting that this asset will be used for junior league academies which will be unmatched in Australian sport.

So your answer is None............... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Like the Gold Coast titans centre of excrement? :lol: its only planned at this stage :roll:

Sounds like a complete White elephant, why would the community want or need a facility like this? How are they even going to fund it or repay the debt on such a contrived "ASSETT"?
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
eelofwest
Coach
Coach

Post by eelofwest »

The Panthers are trying to create a world-class facility, which will include playmaker and positional academies for the biggest junior nursery in the world. It is just part of a redevelopment of a site that will house state-of-the-art training and playing facilities, as well as entertainment and shopping opportunities for the community.

The plans will go on public display after they are approved by Penrith council.

"We need to be the biggest and most progressive sporting franchise in the country'': Phil Gould.

In a draft document, Gould outlined the need for better infrastructure. ''If we are to truly represent the biggest and fastest-growing junior league in the country, then we need to be the biggest and most progressive sporting franchise in the country - certainly western Sydney,'' Gould wrote.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... ml#ixzz2PX

Now Xturd i know you cant read very well but i have outlined the benefits this will have on the largest junior Rugby league nursery in the country.
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

eelofwest wrote:
The Panthers are trying to create a world-class facility, which will include playmaker and positional academies for the biggest junior nursery in the world. It is just part of a redevelopment of a site that will house state-of-the-art training and playing facilities, as well as entertainment and shopping opportunities for the community.

"We need to be the biggest and most progressive sporting franchise in the country'': Phil Gould.

In a draft document, Gould outlined the need for better infrastructure. ''If we are to truly represent the biggest and fastest-growing junior league in the country, then we need to be the biggest and most progressive sporting franchise in the country - certainly western Sydney,'' Gould wrote.

Now Xturd i know you cant read very well but i have outlined the benefits this will have on the largest junior Rugby league nursery in the country.
The proposed benefits...that's a massive debt for what is essentially an academy. Who's going to fund it? The panthers? :lol: :lol:

Somehow I think they need to look after their failing club first. :lol:
The Panthers hired rugby league guru Phil Gould to fix the club two years ago. They have gone backwards ever since.
Backwards in the three most crucial areas of the game - results, crowds and on the player roster.
Please install the latest Flash player
They now have the lowest home crowds of any of the Sydney clubs, which have fallen by more than 20 per cent since Gould arrived.
The people of western Sydney have deserted the struggling club.
They don't have the patience for five-year rebuilding programs.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/op ... z2PsGsUrqt
eelofwest
Coach
Coach

Post by eelofwest »

Xman wrote:
eelofwest wrote:

The proposed benefits...that's a massive debt for what is essentially an academy. Who's going to fund it? The panthers? :lol: :lol:

The Panthers hired rugby league guru Phil Gould to fix the club two years ago. They have gone backwards ever since.
Backwards in the three most crucial areas of the game - results, crowds and on the player roster.
They now have the lowest home crowds of any of the Sydney clubs, which have fallen by more than 20 per cent since Gould arrived.

Yes they have also just bought back the controlling share in the Panthers leagues club which generates 148m in revenue last year........ :lol: :lol: :lol:

Larger revenue then most if not all AFL clubs... =D> =D>

Now if we couple that with the possible 850m investment then they certainly make your Port tankelaide look broke........ :lol: :lol: :lol:
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

eelofwest wrote:
Xman wrote:
eelofwest wrote:

Yes they have also just bought back the controlling share in the Panthers leagues club which generates 148m in revenue last year........ :lol: :lol: :lol:

Larger revenue then most if not all AFL clubs... =D> =D>

Now if we couple that with the possible 850m investment then they certainly make your Port tankelaide look broke........ :lol: :lol: :lol:
They dont make that much in profit. It depends on their costs! :roll:

They're a business in their own right they may generate that much income but they pay almost all that in costs so they give barely anything to the panthers in revenue :roll: in fact if their business goes under so do the panthers. God knows their massive number of fans won't save them! :lol:
Internal documents show the Panthers Group will tomorrow close its West Epping franchise, with Panthers chairman Don Feltis admitting in a memo it is "economically unsustainable".

The group's losses hit $11.96 million last year - despite the fact it generated $154 million in revenue.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/s ... 6147341846
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

Stewie wrote:
I wonder how much of this will flow back into the actual football club. Increasing their budget from $10m would be a start, even thought the actual football club will make big losses from any increase in department expenditure. The Raiders are a soulless business and not a football club.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
it grates on this clown
his side is a financial blackhole , they simply have the fiscal sense of a concussed baboon
they'd of been long folded up & discarded into the pages of history if it weren't for them sucking the hard earned reserves of other clubs who know what 1 + 1 is :lol: :lol:
he looks at his mobs memberships being 4 times the Raiders ... their crowds double ours

but then looks at the bank balances of the 2 organsiations
& just looks like a stunned mullet :? :-k 8-[ #-o

:lol: :lol:
the only reason any of our business interests are operating is for the football clubs success & its financial security
its a thin line & things can go pear shaped quickly for a club with a season or 2 of less then favourable on field success

but not for my mob
financial rocks of Australian sport .... =D> =D> =D>
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Raiderdave wrote:
Stewie wrote:
I wonder how much of this will flow back into the actual football club. Increasing their budget from $10m would be a start, even thought the actual football club will make big losses from any increase in department expenditure. The Raiders are a soulless business and not a football club.
it grates on this clown
his side is a financial blackhole , they simply have the fiscal sense of a concussed baboon
they'd of been long folded up & discarded into the pages of history if it weren't for them sucking the hard earned reserves of other clubs who know what 1 + 1 is :lol: :lol:
he looks at his mobs memberships being 4 times the Raiders ... their crowds double ours

the only reason any of our business interests are operating is for the football clubs success & its financial security
its a thin line & things can go pear shaped quickly for a club with a season or 2 of less then favourable on field success

but not for my mob
Dont speak too soon. The Power will have a far better year this year on and off the field. Then next year they move away from the SANFL owned AAMI stadium to the far better located Adelaide oval.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:
I wonder whether theyll stop relying on grants from the ARLC and ACT gov for 50% of their piddly little budget?

& this tool as well

they just don't know how we do it :-k

rely on the Govt :lol: :lol:

we wouldn't miss their 2 million a year ...out of our total budget of 61 Million
to be 65 Million in 2013

no
the only reason we take it is because the ACT govt gives the same amount to the brumbies & even more to the those oxygen thieves the Midgets
soccer gets a heap as well

but unlike the midgets & brumbies who put their govt money straight into their bottom line budgets to help balance it
this 2 million the Raiders are given is put straight into the game at the grass roots level in our region ... to subsidise registrations , pay referees etc
the Raiders won't have our Govt fund other sports & not RL in the ACT =D> =D> =D>

they'd happily forgo it & put to this 2 million in out of their own pockets as in case you haven't heard .. they've got a bit of coin :wink:

as long as the minor sports in our region also forgo their handouts as well
which of course
they wouldn't , hell the brumbies would go broke if they did :lol: :lol:

no
they rely on no one
not many can say the same :cool:
Last edited by Raiderdave on Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Stewie wrote:
it grates on this clown

but not for my mob
Dont speak too soon. The Power will have a far better year this year on and off the field. Then next year they move away from the SANFL owned AAMI stadium to the far better located Adelaide oval.

yeah sure they will :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Stewie wrote:
The AFL will own a billion dollar asset in Etihad soon.

soon
in 20 years still isn't it ?

& by then it will be 35 years old & worth less then the land its on .... a delapadated OLD stadium

yep
its all yours .... :lol: :lol: :lol:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:
I wonder whether theyll stop relying on grants from the ARLC and ACT gov for 50% of their piddly little budget?

& this tool as well

they just don't know how we do it :-k

rely on the Govt :lol: :lol:

we wouldn't miss their 2 million a year ...out of our total budget of 61 Million
to be 65 Million in 2013

no
the only reason we take it is because the ACT govt gives the same amount to the brumbies & even more to the those oxygen thieves the Midgets
soccer gets a heap as well

but unlike the midgets & brumbies who put their govt money straight into their bottom line budgets to help balance it
this 2 million the Raiders are given is put straight into the game at the grass roots level in our region ... to subsidise registrations , pay referees etc
the Raiders won't have our Govt fund other sports & not RL in the ACT =D> =D> =D>

they'd happily forgo it & put to this 2 million in out of their own pockets as in case you haven't heard .. they've got a bit of coin :wink:

as long as the minor sports in our region also forgo their handouts as well
which of course
they wouldn't , hell the brumbies would go broke if they did :lol: :lol:

no
they rely on no one
not many can say the same :cool:
Wow youre a dickhead! The Raiders business arm has a revenue of 60m, not the club. The business arm also has costs near 60m leaving minimal profit, hence the fact the Raiders sporting club still rely on the ACT gov grant to generate a measely 10m yearly revenue.