No,1 brand name defeated!

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Re: No,1 brand name defeated!

Post by pussycat »

Phelpsy wrote:
if you read that article you would have also seen the pies were the only team given a triple A rating - given their strong financial position and not being so reliant on pokie revenue - e.g., merchansiding and membership around 20 mil i think
As long as the money doesn't come from a bank heisst it hardly matters were it comes from.

You do realise that only 5 of your 'saintly'clubs would have turned a profit last year if it wasn't for poker machines?
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

We know all about the past. How the the afl was played on a Saturday arvo on the ABC while the ARL was sighning multi-million dollar contract with Kerry Packer, andall about the Crawford commission and what a poor state the AFL were in.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 0

Post by Xman »

pussycat wrote:
We know all about the past. How the the afl was played on a Saturday arvo on the ABC while the ARL was sighning multi-million dollar contract with Kerry Packer, andall about the Crawford commission and what a poor state the AFL were in.
look how that worked out for you... :_<>
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
adamj1300
Has thanked: 0

Post by adamj1300 »

pussycat wrote:
lol
i have always said, if it wasnt for the packer and Murdoch, the nrl would still just be a suburban comp playing the abc. now its just a glorified suburban comp :(/ :(/ :(/
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans

Post by Swans4ever »

adamj1300 wrote:
pussycat wrote:
lol
i have always said, if it wasnt for the packer and Murdoch, the nrl would still just be a suburban comp playing the abc. now its just a glorified suburban comp :(/ :(/ :(/
With only 4 teams in Australia outside of NSW it is really just an expanded NSWRL comp!!!
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Murdoch got more than 4 teams outside an Australian comp you bloody gimp, why not look at the other 50 odd teams outside NSW and QLD he got in other areas of the world. Derp!
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
NRLCrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB

Post by NRLCrap1 »

The Number 1 brand name is Panthers Entertainment Group, with 14 venues in New South Wales - not the fricking NRL club!! Get it right, Kitty Kat!
DON'T MAKE ANY BETS WITH ELIAGH!! HE WELCHES WHEN HE LOSES!!
DAVE'S RIVER IN EGYPT - JUNIOR ACT TEAMS: AFL 109 RL 107
CHEWBACCA IS A GOOSE! A GOOSE I TELL YOU! A GOOSE!
214Four
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Wests Tigers - Balmain - Western Sydney Wanderers

Post by 214Four »

on field the panthers can be beaten but off field there is no competition, they are in a league of their own in the premier league looking down at top dogs in division 2 like collingtown and canterbury etc and laughing

"Wearing tight shorts is a bootable offense!"
NRLCrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by NRLCrap1 »

Penrith Panthers Rugby League Football Club has no non RL off field presence, goose! Panthers Entertainment Group are a totally seperate entity!!
214Four
Seniors
Seniors

Post by 214Four »

panthers groups are a different business entity yes but they are linked with the penrith panthers. as panthers leagues grew larger less was needed to give to the penrith panthers and more could be used on growing the clubs which they did. panthers built a stadium, a large entertaiment complex, a water park, a hotel, a golf range in the one area.

panthers leagues grew larger and then the ARL started a salary cap. with a salary cap its even less panthers can put into the penrith team.

then the ARL (then NRL) got larger and larger tv deals which parts of that is given to tams like penrith each year to run thre club. panthers didnt need to fund the club very much at all and panthers turned into an entertainment/gambleing business which is still connected to the penrith panthers club.

when ever penrith want more money it is given to them by panthers group. now due to salary cap there is a limit to how much they can pay players etc so the panthers leagues club pays for player facilities, the stadium which the club owns etc... now if the NRL suddenly abolished the salary cap panthers could and would throw as much money as they wanted into penrith, and penrith panthers as well as collingwood and brisbane broncos would be the biggest clubs

If panthers wasnt with penrith then why does panthers pay for stadium upgrades etc? and why does panthers still gives millions a year to penrith??

NRLCrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by NRLCrap1 »

One word.

Sponsorship.
214Four
Seniors
Seniors

Post by 214Four »

One word, wrong.

You should be use to that word by now

AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

NRLCrap1 wrote:
One word.

Sponsorship.
One Word
SPAMBOT.
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
214Four
Seniors
Seniors

Post by 214Four »

haha 5 words...
Glitch
freeware version
shitty spambot program

Cracker
Coach
Coach
Team: Bulldogs

Post by Cracker »

No, actually he has a point. I wouldn't say it was sponsorship in the basic sense, but the business relationship between Panthers Entertainment and the Panthers club does give rise to the assumption of such a relationship. However I wouldn't read too much into Panthers Entertainment's contribution to stadium upgrades. They could do a lot more than they have. A lot more.