more racism in League

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Re: more racism in League

Post by King-Eliagh »

While there is no written rule an argument can be made that there is an unwritten rule in the AFL. I'd reckon that comparative to talent the number of Aboriginal folk who speak an Aboriginal language as their first language don't have the access to the comp that all other Australians do. This is the same for all types of work but you'd hope the AFL did more to address this rather than simply sacking a guy who exposed the thought of such an unwritten policy...

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Cracker
Coach
Coach
Team: Bulldogs
Been liked: 0

Post by Cracker »

You only believe that because it fits in with your theory about communities, King Eliagh. Your ignorance is astounding as I have already said. There is no such policy or rule, written or unwritten. You really need to re-examine the facts again and stay away from this argument.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Whats my theory about communities dipshit?

xman wrote:
Cracker
Coach
Coach

Post by Cracker »

Your theory is that they don't recruit from the communities because there are no white parents out there. And this is wrong. I explained the truth on the Ben Barba thread.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Quote where I suggested that theory. I never said anything of the sort wanker. I said they don't recruit from the communities because they are:

- confronted with a large cultural divide which they are not doing enough to address

This is very different to your simplistic and dumb assessment of "because there are no white parents out there". Learn to read, then post again.

xman wrote:
Cracker
Coach
Coach

Post by Cracker »

Then why did you support the concept of there being such a rule when there is not?
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

How the AFL shields law-breakers
July 31, 2013AFL, Alcohol, Drugs

IN AUSTRALIA, as in many other countries, the use of recreational drugs is illegal. Yet the Australia Football League, the body that administers Australian rules football nationally, knows and hides the names of several players who have been known to indulge in the usage of drugs.

The AFL’s drugs policy is a curious beast. It will only name players when they have been caught thrice. The league tests players both in and out of season and any infractions are noted.

In 2012, there were 26 positive tests. Had any of these players been operating under the code of the World Anti Doping Agency and tested positive on match day, that would have meant a ban of two years.

Hence the AFL decided to create its own policy – after all, footballers are pretty well-known to be using recreational drugs. They have the time and the money.

The AFL policy came into being in 2005 to test for drugs including cocaine, ecstasy, marijuana, ketamine and GHB.

After the third strike, a player is fined $5000 and could be suspended for anything up to 18 months. While suspended, the player will continue to receive treatment and counselling.

After two strikes, the player is classified as under treatment and is open to being reported for a third offence only if a doctor assigned to his case says the treatment has been completed.

The amazing thing about it is that if a player tests positive, even the club for which he plays is not informed.

If a member of the public knew about a criminal offence and did not inform the police, then that individual would be in trouble if it came to light that he or she was in possession of that knowledge.

The AFL keeps all this knowledge in its bosom and the police look the other way.

There are a lot of criminal offenders in the league and the AFL covers up for all of them.

Yet police are more interested in nabbing some poor soul who forgot to put on an indicator when turning right or left on a road.

There’s justice for you.

:(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Cracker
Coach
Coach

Post by Cracker »

Pussycat, all you demonstrated with your links is that the AFL is aware of the problem and looking to do something about it. The Liam Jurrah situation taught them that recruiting directly from the communities (as King Eliagh is advocating) is fraught with danger and needs to be re-thought and understood. At the time it would seem that some clubs gave up on it and used the Rendell excuse to explain it. A mistake.

However, your production of the AFL's general policy on drugs has my support. I have always believed the AFL to be weak on the subject and their three strikes policy is out of touch. They need to get tough and get it out of the game. The NRL also has an issue, in that it doesn't have a specific policy, which can be just as bad in a different way. The AFL buries itself in the detail of their policy, not realising that it's part of the problem and not part of the solution. It's one thing to support rehabilitation. It's something else to allow players to continue to play while performing that task.
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

As well as conducting there own checks there fully open to, an abide by, any ouside authorities such as Asada. Im not sure what else they could do.

King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Cracker wrote:
Pussycat, all you demonstrated with your links is that the AFL is aware of the problem and looking to do something about it. The Liam Jurrah situation taught them that recruiting directly from the communities (as King Eliagh is advocating) is fraught with danger and needs to be re-thought and understood. At the time it would seem that some clubs gave up on it and used the Rendell excuse to explain it. A mistake.
So you use one example to highlight that recruiting any man from Aboriginal communities is "fraught with danger". A very narrow attitude lacking any notion of inclusiveness here.

A team based in Darwin along with the development of policies that reflect and recognise Aboriginal cultures would have been better for Jurrah and should be instituted so other central aussie footy stars with AFL dreams can reach them. Till then there's very clear grounds for arguing the AFL is an institutionally racist organisation.

xman wrote:
Cracker
Coach
Coach

Post by Cracker »

A team based in Darwin would have been bad for Jurrah. You do not understand the problem and you should therefore be silent on the matter.
cos789
Coach
Coach
Team: Wookie is a failed pathetic ugly woman

Post by cos789 »

It's undisputed that there is overwhelmingly more racism in rl than anywhere else.
Nice try Cos.
MarkZZZ
Captain
Captain
Team:
Has thanked: 0

Post by MarkZZZ »

Can anyone tell us if anyone, apart from Jurrah, has come from central Australia to play in the AFL?
NRLCrap1 wrote:
I never stated I'm right.
NRLCrap1 wrote:
call me a skirt lifting sheila.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

cos789 wrote:
It's undisputed that there is overwhelmingly more racism in rl than anywhere else.
:(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
Sure ...
You want to compare codes ..
Feel free.
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o