Storm Represent Melbourne on international stage

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Striker
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Storm
Been liked: 0

Re: Storm Represent Melbourne on international stage

Post by Striker »

The hate for ANZ is general, not just us League supporters. But even then it's in the minority. I know many more League supporters who hate Allianz. AND AAMI Park - and for the same reasons as well. Too much exposure to rain and wind to the point that there's nowhere to hide!

The reason for that issue with Etihad is combined with the other issues. I know for a fact that they can move the lower tier seating in. But when the Storm were there they didn't do it. That goes with every other thing Collins did to try and drive us away. League still pulled a capacity crowd for the SOO last year but!!
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon

Post by Xman »

Striker wrote:
The hate for ANZ is general, not just us League supporters. But even then it's in the minority. I know many more League supporters who hate Allianz. AND AAMI Park - and for the same reasons as well. Too much exposure to rain and wind to the point that there's nowhere to hide!

The reason for that issue with Etihad is combined with the other issues. I know for a fact that they can move the lower tier seating in. But when the Storm were there they didn't do it. That goes with every other thing Collins did to try and drive us away. League still pulled a capacity crowd for the SOO last year but!!
grounds are exposed to the outdoors pal, simple fact that wont change any time soon. Having outdoor stadiums doesnt stunt attendance otherwise Etihad would average more fans

Having said that it appears NRL fans look for any excuse possible NOT to attend. #-o
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
Striker
Coach
Coach

Post by Striker »

Having outdoor stadiums that have somewhere to hide when the weather turns helps attendances big time! That's what's against Allianz and AAMI Park in particular!! And I mean rain and/or wind, not just rain! The MCG is a great venue in that regard and that's outdoors!

There are excuse makers in Sydney, especially amongst those Manly dickheads. But they aren't in the majority. The majority stay away in protest for various reasons, and at the bottom of it is the venue.
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Striker wrote:
Having outdoor stadiums that have somewhere to hide when the weather turns helps attendances big time! That's what's against Allianz and AAMI Park in particular!! And I mean rain and/or wind, not just rain! The MCG is a great venue in that regard and that's outdoors!

There are excuse makers in Sydney, especially amongst those Manly dickheads. But they aren't in the majority. The majority stay away in protest for various reasons, and at the bottom of it is the venue.
Rubbish. The MCG stands are so high the rain soaks an entire stand when the wind blows :roll:

There's no difference, just the lack of passion from NRL supporters. Amazing how you keep ignoring the fact the storm also play in dry conditions yet still record poor crowds.
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
Striker
Coach
Coach

Post by Striker »

I've been to the MCG, dickhead, and the roof of the stand is straight and not angled like it is at AAMI Park! So the wind would have to be storm force to soak the whole stand! At AAMI Park it only takes half that strength because it can get underneath more easily!
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Striker wrote:
I've been to the MCG, dickhead, and the roof of the stand is straight and not angled like it is at AAMI Park! So the wind would have to be storm force to soak the whole stand! At AAMI Park it only takes half that strength because it can get underneath more easily!
the stands are so high the cover doesnt protect the patrons from the rain when the wind is face on. Furthermore they have a no umbrella policy.

still ignoring the storms poor crowds in fine weather? I wonder why? :lol:
Striker
Coach
Coach

Post by Striker »

The roof is long enough and wide enough to protect you if you're at the back at the MCG. FACT! No such protection at AAMI Park! Or Allianz Stadium!
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Striker wrote:
The roof is long enough and wide enough to protect you if you're at the back at the MCG. FACT! No such protection at AAMI Park! Or Allianz Stadium!
the back yes, just like every other ground with a stand! :roll: The stands at AAMI are the same as every other ground.

Really, your excuse is BS. Why do they get the same size crowds in dry weather?
Striker
Coach
Coach

Post by Striker »

NO! AAMI has NO protection even with the stands! Because of that shit design roof! Have you even seen it?

Dry weather, the wind would be at fault.
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Striker wrote:
NO! AAMI has NO protection even with the stands! Because of that shit design roof! Have you even seen it?

Dry weather, the wind would be at fault.
Oh come on! :roll:

Now storms fans stay away because its windy! :lol: :lol: what terminal illness do people catch from being exposed to the wind? :-k

:lol:

Well looks like the storm will never get a decent crowd. How are you going to stop the wind? :lol:

Need I remind you of this site? http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Attractio ... toria.html

91 reviews, only 4 below very good.
The seating is close to the actual sporting ground allowing fans, especially on the ground level (Level 1), which is very close to the action. Only down-fall is the roof doesn't cover the first 15 rows on the ground level. Officially all rows, except the first 4 are classified as under-cover - this is not the case, as the rain never comes down directly. The small capacity of 35,000 makes the atmosphere electric with crowds over 15,000. My wife and I are Melbourne Storm fans and we have seats on Level 1 row O on the Eastern side and get soaked when raining, but being so close to the action counteracts getting wet. Highly recommend seeing a Melbourne Storm game - great entertainment - does help to know a few of the rules (but usually someone is nearby willing to explain them to you).
One of many many fans who LOVE the stadium! The first 15 rows are exposed. In the MCG the first 30 wouldn't have cover!
This is a GREAT stadium. We were here for a rugby league game and it didn't disappoint. Don't think it would matter where you sat, you would see the game. Real up and close and personal - loved it! Easy to navigate and find your seats and friendly staff to help if needed. This had fantastic atmosphere. Don't know what other reviewer is talking about when saying no atmosphere - it rocked!!! We've been to others around Australia and this one cleaned them up hands down. Can't wait til next season - we'll be back!!!
This stadium is by far the best in Melbourne for watching either soccer or rugby union or league. It is purpose built for these sports and you are close to the field which gives an excellent view of the game and makes you feel part of it.

I attend every second week and the seats are very comfortable although the food is over priced as is the drink. It is close to Richmond Train Station as well and very close to the MCG so if you are from out of town you could go to a game at both stadiums in one day !.

A tip - you can take food in with you but not liquid,
Best medium size stadium in the world. Close to the action, loud, vibrant, fun. Beautiful playing surface. Great bars. Not a bad seat in the stadium.
This purpose built stadium is amazing! The atmosphere is great and there is not one seat in the whole stadium that is obstructed thanks to the odd looking roof which offers a decent element of cover from the ever-changing Melbourne elements.
The stadium is one of the best ever. Although modern in design it is pleasing to the eye and provides a great view of the entire playing surface. No pillars or structure to get in the way. Seats are comfortable and with reasonable leg room. Facilities well placed and well signed.
Protection from the weather is Ok especially in the seats higher up in the stands.
Wow, over 90% of voters absolutely love this stadium, acclaiming it on of the best in the country. I can see why you hate it! :lol:
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

http://www.austadiums.com/stadiums/stad ... php?id=279

Here's another site.

46 voters rated facilities, viewing, access, and overall as all above 82%!

Seems like people think AAMI park is a phenomenal stadium! In fact it rated similar to Etihad on the same site. :wink:

Where are your excuses now?
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

Well Done to the Storm for becoming World Champions
everything was in Leeds favour

from the fact that Leeds had played 3 comp games & the Storm ... just 1 barrier trial
to the freezing weather .. while the Storm had come out of our warm sticky summer

the Storm overcame it all

Another " international " trophy goes into their trophy cabinet
thats something no VFL has ever done

or will ever do :cool:
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Raiderdave wrote:
How do you think they'll go attracting crowds in Melbourne this season? You know... them being premiers and now world champions and all. You think Victorians will ever embrace their premiership winning, world champion Rugby League team? History would suggest the outlook is not looking good. 8-[
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

Beaussie wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
How do you think they'll go attracting crowds in Melbourne this season? You know... them being premiers and now world champions and all. You think Victorians will ever embrace their premiership winning, world champion Rugby League team? History would suggest the outlook is not looking good. 8-[
well
its sorta like the swines .... very succesful last 5 or 6 years

yet decline .. massive decline in interest in Sydney for them
37K average crowds down to 24K

I spose the natives of each city ... just have no interest in the others sport

the only difference is the respective money sport by each sport to get the locals interested
the VFL .. a shit load ... hundreds of millions
the NRL.. hardly any

so
the NRL result in Melb is kinda understandable
the VFL's in Sydney
down right embarrasing 8-[

:cool:
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Raiderdave wrote:
Beaussie wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
well
its sorta like the swines .... very succesful last 5 or 6 years

yet decline .. massive decline in interest in Sydney for them
37K average crowds down to 24K

I spose the natives of each city ... just have no interest in the others sport

the only difference is the respective money sport by each sport to get the locals interested
the VFL .. a shit load ... hundreds of millions
the NRL.. hardly any

so
the NRL result in Melb is kinda understandable
the VFL's in Sydney
down right embarrasing 8-[

:cool:
:roll:

The storm havent grown in 15 years of success despite playing in 6 of the last 15 GFs

The swans have a stadium under construction, a new rival afl team in the same city, and have only made 3 of the last 15 GFs

Yet the swans still double the storms crowds :lol: