RL losing it's Heartland to AFL

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Striker
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Storm
Been liked: 0

Re: RL losing it's Heartland to AFL

Post by Striker »

1. I don't have to prove that, and I can't because Collins shut the media up on it!
2. Wind blows when it's fine by the way, doofus!
3. Opinion, and I stand by it.
4. Rendell proved they do with his admission.
5. You are yet to prove that they do.

So let's have those links I demanded!
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

Chappelli wrote:
I didn't follow crowd figures that well last year bcos SCG was undergoing refurb, but in prev years when there were 3 NRL games on a Sat in Sydney and a Swans game, more times than NOT, Swans got a bigger crowd than the 3 NRL games combined. I used the Australian's Match Details Column to tally crowds. NRL will continue to take a smaller and smaller piece of the pie! Why? Firstly, nationally, the demographic shift is from AFL states to most NRL states; those fans will bring their love of their game with them. I did, coming from SA to NSW. Therefore AFL will get Bigger. Secondly, internationally, of all the countries that play both codes of Rugby, Union is the bigger sport, except Aust & PNG. Rugby World Cup is far more interesting than Rugby League World Cup. NRL= Nationally Relegated Losers. Just don't take it so hard; its painful watch Bam-Bam cry
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

soooooooo much drivel
so few words
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Chappelli wrote:
Swans, on many occasions, get as many to the SCG than the 3 games of homegrown NRL at games held in Sydney. Go Figure
on many occasions .... :lol: :lol: :lol:

what twice in the last 30 years

& the last time in 1997 ?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

VickyKicky wrote:
Chappelli wrote:
Swans, on many occasions, get as many to the SCG than the 3 games of homegrown NRL at games held in Sydney. Go Figure
Swans, on many occasions, get outrated on TV by the Iron Chef on prime time TV in Sydney. Go figure
on many occasions ? :-k

try

every occasion champ :wink:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:
VickyKicky wrote:
Chappelli wrote:
Swans, on many occasions, get outrated on TV by the Iron Chef on prime time TV in Sydney. Go figure
Since when is the iron chef shown in prime time. Live NRL in Melbourne rated around 20k last year, as low as 0 in sa and wa :lol:
when up against the swines
anytime in Sydney

a kooky japanese cooking show .... OWNS the pathetic swines :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:
VickyKicky wrote:
Xman, is it time for your regular peptide dose yet :lol:
You tell me. The NRL seem to have the peptide usage down pat. :wink:

whhaaaaaaaa
whaaaaaaaaaaaaa

the nasty NRL that made us do it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

when will VFL players & their pathetic fans ever man up to their mistakes
a more gutless mob you will never see :lol: :lol: :lol:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon

Post by Xman »

Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:
VickyKicky wrote:
Since when is the iron chef shown in prime time. Live NRL in Melbourne rated around 20k last year, as low as 0 in sa and wa :lol:
anytime in Sydney

a kooky japanese cooking show .... OWNS the pathetic swines :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Name me a show that doesn't outrated the NRL in Victoria sa or wa! :lol: its not hard to beat 20k or less....
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
Chappelli
Team: Crows Redlegs Brumbies Sharks

Post by Chappelli »

Raider Dave, u are such fun. Don't become a lawyer, u'd never win a battle. It prob happened 4/5 times a year. When there was 3 NRL satdy games against a Swans SCG game. I watched these figures and used em against my NRL colleagues; THEY LOOKED IN DISBELIEF. AFL fills large stadiums : NRL half fills tiny stadiums. Bam Bam cries in his coffee!
Stewie
Coach
Coach
Team: Port Adelaide Football Club

Post by Stewie »

Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:
anytime in Sydney

Name me a show that doesn't outrated the NRL in Victoria sa or wa! :lol: its not hard to beat 20k or less....
On a few occassions last year, the nRL rating was so low in Adelaide that a total wasn't even recorded, while in Perth only about 2k tuned in. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Raiderdave wrote:

7K is a tremendous turnout
VickyKicky
Team: Mars

Post by VickyKicky »

Stewie wrote:
Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
anytime in Sydney

On a few occassions last year, the nRL rating was so low in Adelaide that a total wasn't even recorded, while in Perth only about 2k tuned in. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stewie, we all know your a wannabe victardian, so please can you use your amazing powers to explain on the
23rd March 2012, a crowd of 15,599 came to watch 2 teams, both of whom were thousands of miles away from their traditional homes, in Perth, yet the midgets can't even break 10k playing against the biggest ALF team Collington and that's a fact :lol:
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon

Post by Xman »

VickyKicky wrote:
Stewie wrote:
Xman wrote:

Stewie, we all know your a wannabe victardian, so please can you use your amazing powers to explain on the
23rd March 2012, a crowd of 15,599 came to watch 2 teams, both of whom were thousands of miles away from their traditional homes, in Perth, yet the midgets can't even break 10k playing against the biggest ALF team Collington and that's a fact :lol:
Maybe because Perth gets 1 rl game per year while Sydney gets around 20 AFL games :roll:

Cummulative attendance? About 550k to 15k :wink:

The Perth reds started with average home crowds of 13k which dropped to 8k in their last year. This for a single NRL team in a city of 1.8m.

One thing we know is, theyre more popular than the storm! :lol:
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
Chappelli
Team: Crows Redlegs Brumbies Sharks

Post by Chappelli »

Raider Dave, you know, ya prob not a bad bloke. Love how when ya get beaten in an argument you've got nothin to say except dis the writer; too many knocks to the head? Now that they've taken the shoulder barge out, you watch, head highs are next. The Insurers will do to NRL what they've done to AFL. They did AFL first bcos it's a much bigger sport. Now they've got to the bottom of the barrell they are pickn on League
Stewie
Coach
Coach
Team: Port Adelaide Football Club

Post by Stewie »

VickyKicky wrote:
Stewie wrote:
Xman wrote:

So a one off game in a city with a population of 1.6 million failed to even sell out a 20k stadium? :oops:

Meanwhile, the Giants are one of two football teams in Sydney both playing a combined 20 odd matches in the city as Xman said.
Raiderdave wrote:

7K is a tremendous turnout
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:
anytime in Sydney

30 years in prime time for the Swines Wions & the VFL in the Nthn States
1 year in prime time for the NRL in the Sthn States

big difference cockhead :wink:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Stewie wrote:
Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
anytime in Sydney

1 year of primetime for the NRL in the **** states

meanwhile 30 years of fumbling bumbling & missing in the nthn states ....... & it still struggles to get past 50K :lol: :lol: :lol:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million