Scorger Man
Reserves
Reserves
Team: Richmond Tigers
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Quarantining of Players is a joke

Post by Scorger Man »

With the amount of talent that the NSWRL has, why on earth do they quarintine players from games like the City v Country match. Having players like Kennedy and Minnichello not have to play because they (the NSWRL) don't want them getting hurt is a joke. Why should the likes of Hodgson and others even bother playing as they know they aren't going to get picked anyway?

I say the NSWRL should pick their team from the 34 odd players that get on the field for the City v Country clash, that will show the importance in keeping the great tradition of this clash alive.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Yes i agree scorger. Its a shame that city v country has dropped its level to protect players. I didnt even watch the game this year its just not what it used to be years ago.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
crocodileman

Re: Quarantining of Players is a joke

Post by crocodileman »

Scorger Man wrote:
With the amount of talent that the NSWRL has, why on earth do they quarintine players from games like the City v Country match. Having players like Kennedy and Minnichello not have to play because they (the NSWRL) don't want them getting hurt is a joke. Why should the likes of Hodgson and others even bother playing as they know they aren't going to get picked anyway?

I say the NSWRL should pick their team from the 34 odd players that get on the field for the City v Country clash, that will show the importance in keeping the great tradition of this clash alive.
What's all this crap about tradition in those clashes - there is none! They are a 2 groups of players coupled together to make up a clash once a year - not sure if I've ever seen anyone with a Country supporters website or banner (most farmers cannot read!) or anyone seeking City flags to take to games.

The only tradition is what Channel 9 tells you there is in order to bolster ratings!
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Croc i believe you're missing a vital factor here mate. The word tradition. It belongs in history and as you're a teacher in this field i find it funny you've only stated the present state of the game in your post above. Me and scorger have both said in this thread the tradition has been lost, you have just made a turkey of yourself which is happening quite often lately.

Whats wrong? Was it the lost bet? The lions continuing to play like they belong with a family of maggots deep inside a pile of camel dung? Or is it your constant lack of insight into the 2005 AFL premiership season?

I think all three :lol: I feel for you, please pm me if you need someone to talk to :)

:lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Scorger Man
Reserves
Reserves
Team: Richmond Tigers

Post by Scorger Man »

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/s ... 66,00.html

Scorgerdamus posted this topic last year and one year on Ray Chesterton is talking about the same thing - the match in it's current condition is a joke and clubs should rally against the match as they are the ones losing out if their players get injured. As the NSWRL will quarantine players who will walk into the Blues team, players like Skandalis in the article don't get a look in but still run the risk of injury for what...being blooded into a representative dead end??
Macarthur Saints
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by Macarthur Saints »

I think it's so the selectors can also "check out" talented possibilities to see how they cope with a rep game, and the fact that at one point in time it was used to select nsw teams men, its possibly more of a state of origin game within itself now a days.Where the pride of where you were born comes to make a great clash, just like the state of origin has become.

As for the quarintining of players, it is fine imo to not allow them to play in this game, they have proven themself enough to not have to play a rep game to see if they are any good enough....

Generally you see guys who are coming into form or have been playing good and just need to be checked out in order to detrmine if they can play in the nsw side.