Rugby League continues to Lead The Way!

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 18 times

Re: Rugby League continues to Lead The Way!

Post by Beaussie »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:57 pm been saying this for years, would love the NRL to have at least 2 FTA networks..
especially with expansion.

2 FTA Games each per week, FOX with 5 Exclusive Games.
The NRL says the same thing every time yet still sticks with Channel 9 and Foxtel.

Channel 9 and Stan seem to be really promoting Rugby this year though. Seeing tv advertising and billboards daily for Rugby on Stan in Sydney at least. NSW Waratahs form to date is not helping thus far though it seems.

"One in every 24 Australians is now a member of an AFL club, a sign that the national reach of Australian football has never been greater," League CEO Gillon McLachlan said.
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 19 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

amazingly enough but true
Channel 9 have been advertising Union more than NRL since they got the rights.
crazy to think really..

everyone see's what channel 9 have done to the game>>> its over to you NRL.

I would except less to have Channel 10

pussycat Mark 11
Rookie
Rookie
Team: Easts
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 3 times

Post by pussycat Mark 11 »

I would have thought that you people would be used to coming 2nd.

"Sical media was never where the AFL derived a "tribal" reputation from in the first place. That was always based on people going to matches and taking up memberships and showing actual support, not clicking likes on facebook or instagram."

Sour Grapes?

"The Broncos alone have amassed more followers than the AFL's Brisbane Lions, St Kilda FC and North Melbourne Kangaroos combined," :(/ :(/ :(/ :rock:

"The most alarming fall however is the AFL's supposed powerhouse team; the Collingwood Magpies, who back in 2013 had more social media followers than any other club. Eight years on, and their online ranking has dropped to fifth with 250,000 less followers than the Brisbane Broncos. " a quarter of a million less followers :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Top 5 clubs by followers:

1. Brisbane Broncos: 1,062,252

2. Melbourne Storm: 894,326

3. Warriors: 799,744

4. South Sydney Rabbitohs: 781,187

5. Collingwood Football Club: 756,220

What a lovely story :thumbleft:

Rugby League: Australia's No.1 sport :cheers:

Bush fires: no worse than any other years,
Heatwaves: "ditto",
Floods: "ditto",
Cyclones: "ditto",
Other natural disasters: "ditto".
pussycat Mark 11
Rookie
Rookie

The Walt Disney Company Africa has announced that it will be broadcasting Australia's top-level domestic men's rugby league to audiences across the continent, on its ESPN channels.

The_Wookie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Carlton
Been liked: 90 times

Post by The_Wookie »

pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:46 am I would have thought that you people would be used to coming 2nd.

"Sical media was never where the AFL derived a "tribal" reputation from in the first place. That was always based on people going to matches and taking up memberships and showing actual support, not clicking likes on facebook or instagram."

Sour Grapes?
Its called the fucking truth. The AFLs tribal reputation stems from long before social media was a thing,

Its Samy Haidar trying to commercially justify something that has no tangible affect on the club beyond being liked by people. He did it last year on twitter before he got a job at nine.

pussycat wrote: Ps I support Collingwood, I've supported the Cats all my life
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 52 times

Post by Terry »

pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:46 am I would have thought that you people would be used to coming 2nd.

Sour Grapes?

"The Broncos alone have amassed more followers than the AFL's Brisbane Lions, St Kilda FC and North Melbourne Kangaroos combined," :(/ :(/ :(/ :rock:

"The most alarming fall however is the AFL's supposed powerhouse team; the Collingwood Magpies, who back in 2013 had more social media followers than any other club. Eight years on, and their online ranking has dropped to fifth with 250,000 less followers than the Brisbane Broncos. " a quarter of a million less followers :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Top 5 clubs by followers:

1. Brisbane Broncos: 1,062,252

2. Melbourne Storm: 894,326

3. Warriors: 799,744

4. South Sydney Rabbitohs: 781,187

5. Collingwood Football Club: 756,220

What a lovely story :thumbleft:

Amazing numbers for The Greatest Game of All!!!!! It'll certainly ruffle a few feathers from our southern friends who have never conceded year on year TV rating wins by RL. And who will no doubt squeal like stuck pigs about this one lolololoolool!!!!!!

What it does show is that NSW (particularly Sydney) & Qld people simply do not attend sport, all sport, in the numbers they do in the AFL states. That is not a tribal thing, it is a cultural thing. This study shows however that RL folk are just as invested in their teams, infact more so, than AFL folk.

The challenge is for RL to somehow capitalise on this support & monetise it through game attendance and memberships. I suspect it will never happen at the level of the southern states because..............well............I mean..............what else is there to do in the developing states lololololol!!!!!!!!!!

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/engaged-fa ... 124a3dd910

The_Wookie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by The_Wookie »

I mean sure clicking like on a facebook page is tribal in nature

How exactly.

pussycat Mark 11
Rookie
Rookie

The_Wookie wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:35 am

Sour Grapes?
Its called the fucking truth. The AFLs tribal reputation stems from long before social media was a thing,

Its Samy Haidar trying to commercially justify something that has no tangible affect on the club beyond being liked by people. He did it last year on twitter before he got a job at nine.
Popularity has no effect :(/ yeah right :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen

For someone to click like you would need to have someone interest enough to read the article.

Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:07 pm
The_Wookie wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:35 am

Sour Grapes?

For someone to click like you would need to have someone interest enough to read the article.
Yep. Whatever way our fumbling friends want to play this one down it is a fantastic result for RL. These platforms are the fastest growing media in the world. They attract primarily young folk who are the future for all sports codes. To dominate the biggest local rival in such a way is incredible. Tremendous result!!!!!!!

The_Wookie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by The_Wookie »

Sure which is why your clubs and league commercial revenues - you know from shit like tv rights and sponsorship - is behind the AFL. Club sponsorship WELL behind in general. Because social media means fuck all in terms of actual engagement.

Like how we caught Kony.

pussycat Mark 11
Rookie
Rookie

The_Wookie wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:04 pm

Sure which is why your clubs and league commercial revenues - you know from shit like tv rights and sponsorship - is behind the AFL. Club sponsorship WELL behind in general. Because social media means fuck all in terms of actual engagement.

Like how we caught Kony.
I doubt that , when you include there league clubs. You know, The people that trade of the back of there football clubs.

Is'nt the Panthers the biggest brand name in Australian sport?

NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 122 times

Post by NlolRL »

If BHP started up a soccer club in the A league it wouldn't make the club instantly the most financial club in the country. It depends on how much revenue they provide the club.

This revenue allows the club to spend on their facilities, coaching, players etc. Some of these NRL clubs may have big leagues club backing but as far as money they can spend on their sporting club, they are minnows

Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:18 am If BHP started up a soccer club in the A league it wouldn't make the club instantly the most financial club in the country. It depends on how much revenue they provide the club.

This revenue allows the club to spend on their facilities, coaching, players etc. Some of these NRL clubs may have big leagues club backing but as far as money they can spend on their sporting club, they are minnows
Sure pal. Except that BHP have never owned any sporting franchise. And will never do so. It's idiocy to suggest they would.

In RL licenced clubs have a charter to promote, promulgate and finance RL. It was the reason they were built. It is there raison d'etre!!! And the finances of leagues clubs and football clubs are reported independently unlike the AFL.

If leagues clubs revenues and profits were reported together with their associated football club they would dwarf AFL revenue. Hence the Redcliffe Dolphins are the favourites to be Brisbane's 2nd team. They have a leagues club. A state of the art stadium. And $100M in assets.

That's how it works pal!!!!
These users liked the author Terry for the post:
leeroy*NRL* (Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:35 am)

The_Wookie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by The_Wookie »

pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:44 pm
I doubt that , when you include there league clubs. You know, The people that trade of the back of there football clubs.

Is'nt the Panthers the biggest brand name in Australian sport?
league clubs arent pulling in the sponsorship, its the football clubs that are. And its fucking easy to compare the sponsorship revenue from the annual reports for the clubs like Penrith Parramatta, Easts, North Queensland, Cronulla and Brisbane that are all inclusive from leagues club to NRL club.

The_Wookie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by The_Wookie »

Terry wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:29 am Sure pal. Except that BHP have never owned any sporting franchise. And will never do so. It's idiocy to suggest they would.
Whats to fucking stop them? If News corporation can own a sports club - or league for that matter - why cant any other corporation? Its idiocy to suggest they wouldnt.
In RL licenced clubs have a charter to promote, promulgate and finance RL. It was the reason they were built. It is there raison d'etre!!! And the finances of leagues clubs and football clubs are reported independently unlike the AFL.
Except for nearly half the fucking clubs in the league who DO produce combined reports. ffs you cannot be this stupid.
- Canberra
- Canterbury-Bankstown
- Cronulla-Sutherland
- Newcastle (Wests Grp)
- North Queensland
- Parramatta
- Penrith
- Sydney (Easts)

Half the clubs in the AFL dont even have pokies.
- West Coast
- Fremantle
- Adelaide
- GWS
- Gold Coast
- North Melbourne
- Sydney
- Collingwood (sold last year)
- Melbourne (sold last year)
If leagues clubs revenues and profits were reported together with their associated football club they would dwarf AFL revenue.
So get the reports of the Parent entity.
Hence the Redcliffe Dolphins are the favourites to be Brisbane's 2nd team. They have a leagues club. A state of the art stadium. And $100M in assets.

That's how it works pal!!!!
and 30m in revenue according to the nrl economist dude
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 7bfca8a084