Drop-in wickets another example of AngloFL ruining Australia

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Posts: 7596
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:13 am
Team: Collingwood
Location: Gold Coast
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 81 times

Re: Drop-in wickets another example of AngloFL ruining Australia

Post by Fred »

AngloFootballLeague wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:20 pm I don't see any change. The fact you've only been able to highlight the creation of 5 small junior teams proves my point. I wonder if any of these will fold as season goes along?

That was just one example ... I have posted several. It illustrates the point that afl is growing. The new competitions, the amount of women now playing ... all growth. It’s not a slight or threat to rl ... it just is a fact and nothing to be scarred of.


Veni, vidi, vici
User avatar
The_Wookie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 6547
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:22 am
Team: Carlton
Location:
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 80 times
Contact:

Re: Drop-in wickets another example of AngloFL ruining Australia

Post by The_Wookie »

Terry wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:06 pm
The_Wookie wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:35 pm
Terry wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:12 pm

You think cricket is only played at the SCG for 5 days per year pal??? Try 24 at least for 2018/19 V Swans 11 for 2019 season. Plus
You sure about this 24 days of cricket at the scg this year thing
2018/19 season.....A test, ODI's, T20's, BBL, Sheffield Shield. Dependent on days played in test and Sheffield Shield.....yep.
In the 2017-18 reporting period they had 11 days of Internationals/BBL/WBBL cricket plus 2 sheffield shield matches. This gives them no more than 19 days play. The two shield matches took up 8 days and had a total attendance of under 4,000. But Im sure that made them a tonne of money.

Last season had 12 AFL matches at the SCG - 11 and a final.


pussycat wrote: Ps I support Collingwood, I've supported the Cats all my life
Image
Cats_Steve
Seniors
Seniors
Posts: 376
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:48 am
Team: Geelong
Location:
Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 26 times

Re: Drop-in wickets another example of AngloFL ruining Australia

Post by Cats_Steve »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:18 pm CS .
You have an avatar that says something about hate for AFL from northern folk .
I gave you an example of why .
The entitled screeching of the afl ..& afl media is excatly why tHere is so much hate as you call it.
Didn't question that.
Next up ..your laughable deflective assumption .
lol
The Good RL folk of Sydney have played RL at the SCG for about 100 years .
We have learnt to share grounds with sokka RU & cricket .
No demands like the entitled Victorian arseholes .
No wanting to ruin the major tenants historical pitch .

So please don't use the deflective RL would do it to bullshit .because it's just that ....
Yep, was definitely an assumption. Seemed reasonable I thought. The 'deflect' call, though, seems so ingrained in you now that you've forgotten when to apply it.
I don't know what sort of effect the traditional wicket can have on a RL match, but it can absolutely fuck an AFL game. It doesn't seem unreasonable in the slightest that the AFL would request drop-in pitches when the only real issue is the Test Match.
I hope they don't get it.
You'll have to save your petulant baiting for your buddy if you want a proper bite.


Never realised quite how much hate there was for AFL from our Northern friends.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Posts: 18602
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:49 am
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Location:
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 45 times

Re: Drop-in wickets another example of AngloFL ruining Australia

Post by AFLcrap1 »

& the simple fact remains that the swans are playing at a Cricket ground .
Cricket is first & foremost the important sport
Yet fumbles wants to ruin a great pitch to please themselves .
If they think there was disdain or hostility towards the southern abortion of a sport let them keep pushing for the drop in .
Lol they will see plenty more


LIC self ownage
Lol $10 NRL tickets.$10 NRL tickets .How pathetic is that ?
Crickets chirping after I post $5 AFlol tickets .
Self ownage ..no one does it better .
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Posts: 18602
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:49 am
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Location:
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 45 times

Re: Drop-in wickets another example of AngloFL ruining Australia

Post by AFLcrap1 »

notaleaguefan wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:14 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:18 pm CS .
You have an avatar that says something about hate for AFL from northern folk .
I gave you an example of why .
The entitled screeching of the afl ..& afl media is excatly why tHere is so much hate as you call it
Next up ..your laughable deflective assumption .

The Good RL folk of Sydney have played RL at the SCG for about 100 years .
We have learnt to share grounds with sokka RU & cricket .
No demands like the entitled Victorian arseholes .
No wanting to ruin the major tenants historical pitch .

So please don't use the deflective RL would do it to bullshit .because it's just that ....
The hate comes from the league fans who suffer a large inferiority complex and are scared see their pathetic game as superior & everything non league as a threat

You haven’t learnt to share grounds, you just stamp your feet and sell games for a buck
The tax payer flips the bill for the club home grounds and whilst the clubs and league still demands for stadium and club ground up grades

Something no other code has
The afl has well out grown club grounds and plays in stadiums something all states only have one or two
Of

The nrlol plays in club grounds something that there is more than enough of
Here we go another rant full of absolute shit
I posted we share grounds .
You then say we havnt .
A straight out lie .
Latest stadium BW.. used by RL Sokka Ru
Same with aami
Suncorp
You need help
You're a compulsive liar ..
Then onto the well used tax payer rant .
Same shit over & over .
You ignore th billions of tax payer $$ used for afl stadia .
Wookie was right .
You're a peanut


LIC self ownage
Lol $10 NRL tickets.$10 NRL tickets .How pathetic is that ?
Crickets chirping after I post $5 AFlol tickets .
Self ownage ..no one does it better .
Terry
Coach
Coach
Posts: 3389
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:19 pm
Team: Wests Tigers
Location:
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 47 times

Re: Drop-in wickets another example of AngloFL ruining Australia

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:47 pm
Terry wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:06 pm
The_Wookie wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:35 pm

You sure about this 24 days of cricket at the scg this year thing
2018/19 season.....A test, ODI's, T20's, BBL, Sheffield Shield. Dependent on days played in test and Sheffield Shield.....yep.
In the 2017-18 reporting period they had 11 days of Internationals/BBL/WBBL cricket plus 2 sheffield shield matches. This gives them no more than 19 days play. The two shield matches took up 8 days and had a total attendance of under 4,000. But Im sure that made them a tonne of money.

Last season had 12 AFL matches at the SCG - 11 and a final.
Pal, I clearly stated 2018/19. Please read more carefully. There were 24 days scheduled. I was replying to your fumbling mate who mentioned only 5 days of cricket. Clearly he's a dill.

In any case we've had this discussion. The main point is that, "The clear majority of revenue, comes from cricket and cricket-related membership". Rodney Cavalier former SCG trust chairman.

You're a partisan fumbling fanboy that cannot and will not see outside the bubble.

Hope this helps.


AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain
Posts: 554
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:51 am
Team: Parramatta
Location: Sydney
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 6 times

Re: Drop-in wickets another example of AngloFL ruining Australia

Post by AngloFootballLeague »

Fred wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:21 pm
AngloFootballLeague wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:20 pm I don't see any change. The fact you've only been able to highlight the creation of 5 small junior teams proves my point. I wonder if any of these will fold as season goes along?

That was just one example ... I have posted several. It illustrates the point that afl is growing. The new competitions, the amount of women now playing ... all growth. It’s not a slight or threat to rl ... it just is a fact and nothing to be scarred of.
You post two minor examples. No one is scared, just sick of the bullshit.


Fred
Coach
Coach
Posts: 7596
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:13 am
Team: Collingwood
Location: Gold Coast
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 81 times

Re: Drop-in wickets another example of AngloFL ruining Australia

Post by Fred »

It’s not bullshit it’s a fact. Australian Rules has a growing presence in qld and nsw. It seems it wouldn’t matter what was put up to support this you reject. Stats showing growth ... not broad stats like participation but stats that break down people playing into registered players in weekend comps. School comps and showing Australian Rules is moving into private schools with its own comps ... the amount of clubs in nsw .. in western Sydney ... nope... not good enough. I’m not sure what would be evidence of growth in new and qld? Surely the amount of teams playing is evidence of that.


Veni, vidi, vici
User avatar
The_Wookie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 6547
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:22 am
Team: Carlton
Location:
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 80 times
Contact:

Re: Drop-in wickets another example of AngloFL ruining Australia

Post by The_Wookie »

Terry wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:01 pm
Pal, I clearly stated 2018/19. Please read more carefully. There were 24 days scheduled. I was replying to your fumbling mate who mentioned only 5 days of cricket. Clearly he's a dill.
He is. But you are wrong as well.
In any case we've had this discussion. The main point is that, "The clear majority of revenue, comes from cricket and cricket-related membership". Rodney Cavalier former SCG trust chairman.
and heavily biased against the AFL. If the position was reversed you wouldnt take his word either.
You're a partisan fumbling fanboy that cannot and will not see outside the bubble.

Hope this helps.
Nah you just cant see past the AFL stuff. Open your fucking eyes.


pussycat wrote: Ps I support Collingwood, I've supported the Cats all my life
Image
Terry
Coach
Coach
Posts: 3389
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:19 pm
Team: Wests Tigers
Location:
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 47 times

Re: Drop-in wickets another example of AngloFL ruining Australia

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:22 pm
Terry wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:01 pm
Pal, I clearly stated 2018/19. Please read more carefully. There were 24 days scheduled. I was replying to your fumbling mate who mentioned only 5 days of cricket. Clearly he's a dill.
He is. But you are wrong as well.
In any case we've had this discussion. The main point is that, "The clear majority of revenue, comes from cricket and cricket-related membership". Rodney Cavalier former SCG trust chairman.
and heavily biased against the AFL. If the position was reversed you wouldnt take his word either.
You're a partisan fumbling fanboy that cannot and will not see outside the bubble.

Hope this helps.
Nah you just cant see past the AFL stuff. Open your fucking eyes.
What am I wrong about pal?? Do tell.


User avatar
The_Wookie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 6547
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:22 am
Team: Carlton
Location:
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 80 times
Contact:

Re: Drop-in wickets another example of AngloFL ruining Australia

Post by The_Wookie »

Terry wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:27 pm What am I wrong about pal?? Do tell.
thought i edited that out.

Havent seen a shield fixture, so its probably close enough.


pussycat wrote: Ps I support Collingwood, I've supported the Cats all my life
Image
Terry
Coach
Coach
Posts: 3389
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:19 pm
Team: Wests Tigers
Location:
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 47 times

Re: Drop-in wickets another example of AngloFL ruining Australia

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:45 pm
Terry wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:27 pm What am I wrong about pal?? Do tell.
thought i edited that out.

Havent seen a shield fixture, so its probably close enough.
Thanks pal.


notaleaguefan
Banned
Posts: 2246
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:56 pm
Team: AFL
Location: QLD
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 24 times

Re: Drop-in wickets another example of AngloFL ruining Australia

Post by notaleaguefan »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:59 pm
notaleaguefan wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:14 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:18 pm CS .
You have an avatar that says something about hate for AFL from northern folk .
I gave you an example of why .
The entitled screeching of the afl ..& afl media is excatly why tHere is so much hate as you call it
Next up ..your laughable deflective assumption .

The Good RL folk of Sydney have played RL at the SCG for about 100 years .
We have learnt to share grounds with sokka RU & cricket .
No demands like the entitled Victorian arseholes .
No wanting to ruin the major tenants historical pitch .

So please don't use the deflective RL would do it to bullshit .because it's just that ....
The hate comes from the league fans who suffer a large inferiority complex and are scared see their pathetic game as superior & everything non league as a threat

You haven’t learnt to share grounds, you just stamp your feet and sell games for a buck
The tax payer flips the bill for the club home grounds and whilst the clubs and league still demands for stadium and club ground up grades

Something no other code has
The afl has well out grown club grounds and plays in stadiums something all states only have one or two
Of

The nrlol plays in club grounds something that there is more than enough of
Here we go another rant full of absolute shit
I posted we share grounds .
You then say we havnt .
A straight out lie .
Latest stadium BW.. used by RL Sokka Ru
Same with aami
Suncorp
You need help
You're a compulsive liar ..
Then onto the well used tax payer rant .
Same shit over & over .
You ignore th billions of tax payer $$ used for afl stadia .
Wookie was right .
You're a peanut
Because the nrlol still have their tax payer funded club grounds to play at! The afl does not

The states wa and as got stadiums! Where are the clubs home grounds and how did they get money out of it


Cats_Steve
Seniors
Seniors
Posts: 376
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:48 am
Team: Geelong
Location:
Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 26 times

Re: Drop-in wickets another example of AngloFL ruining Australia

Post by Cats_Steve »

Terry wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:01 pm
The_Wookie wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:47 pm
Terry wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:06 pm

2018/19 season.....A test, ODI's, T20's, BBL, Sheffield Shield. Dependent on days played in test and Sheffield Shield.....yep.
In the 2017-18 reporting period they had 11 days of Internationals/BBL/WBBL cricket plus 2 sheffield shield matches. This gives them no more than 19 days play. The two shield matches took up 8 days and had a total attendance of under 4,000. But Im sure that made them a tonne of money.

Last season had 12 AFL matches at the SCG - 11 and a final.
Pal, I clearly stated 2018/19. Please read more carefully. There were 24 days scheduled. I was replying to your fumbling mate who mentioned only 5 days of cricket. Clearly he's a dill.

In any case we've had this discussion. The main point is that, "The clear majority of revenue, comes from cricket and cricket-related membership". Rodney Cavalier former SCG trust chairman.

You're a partisan fumbling fanboy that cannot and will not see outside the bubble.

Hope this helps.
Nah, not a dill. I mentioned 5 days of cricket. I didn't say there were only 5 played there. Drop-in wickets aren't really an issue for all the short formats. It's only the character of the test match pitch that would be compromised.


Never realised quite how much hate there was for AFL from our Northern friends.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Posts: 3389
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:19 pm
Team: Wests Tigers
Location:
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 47 times

Re: Drop-in wickets another example of AngloFL ruining Australia

Post by Terry »

There are two issues here apart from the 'tradition' argument. 1) Cricket generates most revenue. 2) The pitch centre square is the actual surface cricket is played on. Every ball bowled lands on it. Every shot is made on it. It is an intrinsic part of the game for every single play.

The swans play on the ground dimensions of 155m x 136m. The time the play is on the actual cricket square is negligible in relation to the duration of the game.

Commonsense would dictate the cricket square is infinitely more important for cricket than AFL.

Clearly cricket should and will win this fracas. Particularly as it is in Sydney where the AFL are blowhards well down the pecking order of NSW sports.
These users liked the author Terry for the post:
leeroy*NRL* (Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:44 am)


Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 14 guests