Afl Friday night FIZZER!

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Re: Afl Friday night Fizzer!

Post by NlolRL »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:42 am
Regionals and FOX to come>>>

Why is this week because it was close in the NRL they should win

why did not you state this last week>> when Geelong and Pies had the nail bitting finish
yet the broncos v cowboys was 24 - 0 with 35mins to go.

NRL need 140k more in the regionals and they will win the night.

#NRL 486k FOX 228
#AFL 627k FOX 228
The AFL's regionals were 211k, therefore the NRL need 352k. Working on 2/3rds of the metro audience the NRL would only get 324k so they'll need a few more than they typically get.

We will see. They wouldnt want to lose a nail-biter with the broncos playing while Perth are 3 hours different to Melbourne, which is their best chance of winning
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

:lol: this Thursday night fizzer’s really got the Afl supporters in defend mode. Just open ur ears real wide and listen to the reality...I know it’s hard so feel free to get ur comfort blankets and lie down whilst reading on.

Richmond were down by three goals at the start of the fourth quarter and, as the quarter wore on they slowly got more and more pounded until it was necessary for them to score 8 goals to win :lol: that my friends is the definition of a bona fide fizzer! Ob top of this the tigers only managed to score a measly 60 odd points :lol: boringstuff.

Listen, of course I know teams can “score in clusters”. But guess what? Richmond didn’t fuckin do that now did they? If they did I wouldn’t be calling it a fizzer.

Seriously nlol and csts just grow up and accept the fact ur company delivered another fizzer last night. Don’t let the commentators delude you into thinking anything else.

:)

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:17 pm
:lol: this Thursday night fizzer’s really got the Afl supporters in defend mode. Just open ur ears real wide and listen to the reality...I know it’s hard so feel free to get ur comfort blankets and lie down whilst reading on.

Richmond were down by three goals at the start of the fourth quarter and, as the quarter wore on they slowly got more and more pounded until it was necessary for them to score 8 goals to win :lol: that my friends is the definition of a bona fide fizzer! Ob top of this the tigers only managed to score a measly 60 odd points :lol: boringstuff.

Listen, of course I know teams can “score in clusters”. But guess what? Richmond didn’t fuckin do that now did they? If they did I wouldn’t be calling it a fizzer.

Seriously nlol and csts just grow up and accept the fact ur company delivered another fizzer last night. Don’t let the commentators delude you into thinking anything else.

The only thing 'going'is your stupidity. 3 goals down mid way through the last quarter is a game well and truly in the balance
These users liked the author NlolRL for the post:
Cats_Steve (Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:55 pm)
Cats_Steve
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Geelong
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Cats_Steve »

King-Eliagh wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:17 pm

Snappy snappy.

Grow up Eliagh, you really can't accept being wrong can you?

The only fizzer here is your argument my friend.

Don't let your blind bias delude you into thinking anything you're saying is even close to correct. You really should try and actually learn something about the game before making dumbass comments on what constitutes a quality contest.
These users liked the author Cats_Steve for the post:
NlolRL (Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:25 pm)
Never realised quite how much hate there was for AFL from our Northern friends.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Hmmm “three goals down midway into last quarter is a game well and truly in the balance”

:lol:

Would you like me to do some research to get an understanding of just how many teams win from a three goal deficit in the Afl with half a quarter to go nlol? And let’s be honest here nlol because you know ke will tell you when you bend the truth it looks like you’re a lying deceiving loser don’t you now? A 20 point differential means Tigers needed four goals to win from mid way in the fourth quarter, not three nlol ;)

So you want me to do the research? Find the last 10 games where Afl team was down by 20 mod way thru the last quarter so we can see how “well and truly in the balance” these sorts of games are in the afl?

.... I’m guessing you don’t want me to do the research :lol:

xman wrote:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:15 pm
Hmmm “three goals down midway into last quarter is a game well and truly in the balance”

Would you like me to do some research to get an understanding of just how many teams win from a three goal deficit in the Afl with half a quarter to go nlol? And let’s be honest here nlol because you know ke will tell you when you bend the truth it looks like you’re a lying deceiving loser don’t you now? A 20 point differential means Tigers needed four goals to win from mid way in the fourth quarter, not three nlol ;)

So you want me to do the research? Find the last 10 games where Afl team was down by 20 mod way thru the last quarter so we can see how “well and truly in the balance” these sorts of games are in the afl?

Sure, if you also research how many NRL teams win from a 6 point deficit with 10 minutes to go.... :wave:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

:lol: just had a look at round one.

There were four games where teams were down by 20-26 points, like richmond last night, with half a quarter to go.

All the teams behind lost. So counting last nights fizzer the last five Afl games where teams were down by 20-26 points with only half of the last quarter to go ...lost!

That’s five and O boys! Yes my deluded fools, well and truly in the balance. Now bow down and honour your Afl expert ke! And take my word as bloody gospel from now on you pair of turds...I’m always right

:lol: and I’m pretty sure 4 out of those five ended up getting beaten by more
Last edited by King-Eliagh on Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xman wrote:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

NlolRL wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:27 pm

Sure, if you also research how many NRL teams win from a 6 point deficit with 10 minutes to go.... :wave:
:lol: clutching at straws already. Nlol in case you didn’t notice we were talking about last nights Afl game being well and truly in the balance. If you wanna start a thread about the nrl having lopsided matches to billio like th Afl be my guest.

xman wrote:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:29 pm

:lol: clutching at straws already. Nlol in case you didn’t notice we were talking about last nights Afl game being well and truly in the balance. If you wanna start a thread about the nrl having lopsided matches to billio like th Afl be my guest.
As shown by Richmond in the last 5 minutes of the 2nd quarter, 3 goals can come very quickly, so a 3 goal lead with 15 minutes to go is far from over.

But for a correct comparison it's only fair to compare to the NRL with only 1/8th of the game to go. Off you go KE :mrgreen:
These users liked the author NlolRL for the post:
Cats_Steve (Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:37 pm)
Cats_Steve
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Geelong
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Cats_Steve »

King-Eliagh wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:27 pm

There were four games where teams were down by 20-26 points, like richmond last night, with half a quarter to go.

All the teams behind lost. So counting last nights fizzer the last five Afl games where teams were down by 20-26 points with only half of the last quarter to go ...lost!

That’s five and O boys! Yes my deluded fools, well and truly in the balance. Now bow down and honour your Afl expert ke! And take my word as bloody gospel from now on you pair of turds...I’m always right

:lol: and I’m pretty sure 4 out of those five
Please carry on with your research oh holy one. Your declaration of a fizzer implies a non-contest. Of course most of the time any team with a lead like that will win, but it is in no way a blanket rule.

You had 2 high quality teams that had both displayed good runs of momentum. The best team of the last couple of years are obviously still a chance until the last few minutes. Going to see if Brisbane came back against Freo for example, is no comparison.

A better research point would be to see how many times teams kicked 3 or 4 goals in a 10 minute period, as that's what was required.
These users liked the author Cats_Steve for the post:
NlolRL (Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:39 pm)
Never realised quite how much hate there was for AFL from our Northern friends.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

:blahblah: but richmond have scored three goals quickly before :blahblah: who knows if you’re even telling the truth nlol you always exaggerate and lie about points and timing of things to suit your dumb arguments. Why, you’re even happy to go deaf in both ears and not here wa Afl crowds booing Jetta after he performed a war dance in respect of Adam Goodes.

Anyway even if for once you’re actually accurate with the tigers scoring three goals in five mins earlier in the match, did they do it to save a fuzzing match? No they didn’t did they, hence there is simply no argument against the fact that last nights match was a bona fide Afl FUZZE! :lol:

And there’ll be plenty more of those to come folks! Plenty more :lol:

xman wrote:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Cats_Steve wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:36 pm

Please carry on with your research oh holy one. Your declaration of a fizzer implies a non-contest. Of course most of the time any team with a lead like that will win, but it is in no way a blanket rule.

You had 2 high quality teams that had both displayed good runs of momentum. The best team of the last couple of years are obviously still a chance until the last few minutes. Going to see if Brisbane came back against Freo for example, is no comparison.

A better research point would be to see how many times teams kicked 3 or 4 goals in a 10 minute period, as that's what was required.
Oh boy, they’re stull going with the despo attempts to say “teams can score goals quick” so the game wasn’t a fizzer.

Lemme Point something out. A fizzer is a game that fizzles in the end. Got it? The tigers fizzled, the game fizzled.

As I’ve been sayibg for some time now the Afl isn’t as competitive as it was prior to their bungled expansion in 2011. :lol: I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. The game must be reduced to a three quarters in length to become a competition without bountiful fizzers each weekend.

xman wrote:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

KE is getting trounced so he's becoming snippy :lol: Poor dear.

Look at the graph just before half time KE, 3 goals in quick succession to bring the tigers right back into the contest. I know you probably wont understand it all being a RL fan, but at least try :mrgreen:

Last edited by NlolRL on Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:42 pm
Cats_Steve wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:36 pm

Oh boy, they’re stull going with the despo attempts to say “teams can score goals quick” so the game wasn’t a fizzer.

Lemme Point something out. A fizzer is a game that fizzles in the end. Got it? The tigers fizzled, the game fizzled.

As I’ve been sayibg for some time now the Afl isn’t as competitive as it was prior to their bungled expansion in 2011. :lol: I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. The game must be reduced to a three quarters in length to become a competition without bountiful fizzers each weekend.

Oh, so when you say Friday night fizzer if could be one of the best games of the year but if the winning team kicks away to a nice lead in the last few minutes it's a fizzer? The opposition fizzled.

Wow KE, what are thread-worthy topic :lol:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

NlolRL wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:32 pm
King-Eliagh wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:29 pm

As shown by Richmond in the last 5 minutes of the 2nd quarter, 3 goals can come very quickly, so a 3 goal lead with 15 minutes to go is far from over.

But for a correct comparison it's only fair to compare to the NRL with only 1/8th of the game to go. Off you go KE :mrgreen:
:lol: I’ve already done my research... and basically from a great height, my research lay a dump on your statement that the tigers game last night “was well and truly in the balance” halfway through the last quarter.

I haven’t made the same foolish statements like yourself nlol, but If you wanna try make a comparative analysis please, be my guest. I’m only interested in correcting your poor form and deceit on these boards so I have no need to go do the comparative analysis ;)

Just don’t go making shit up and trying to deceive the members again ok?

xman wrote: