Is Eddie telling us its...90 down from 120? LOL

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Re: Is Eddie telling us collingwood are one of the many...

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:47 am
NlolRL wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:25 am
pussycat wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:25 pm
According to the online question site the average for a mid fielder is 11.2 K, some pounce up and down the field 15k :hmm: and how often are they run on and off the field? half a dozen times?? Normal people cover that much territory when there batteries run out in there remotes and have to get up and down to operate there tv manually.

Rugby league players don't travel that far . Naturally. because they usually have 2 or 3 other blokes hanging of there backs. And there lucky to be replaced once. there sure as hell not run on and off 6 or 7 times [-(
According to an ex NRL player and now doctor NRL players are lucky to cover a few kms. Most of it looks like slow paced jogging or walking. No wonder they dont need breaks, most of the game is played at a break intensity.

"Physically, AFL is a two-hour running game where two things happen,'' says Gibbs. ''Firstly, the total distance you run is further than in an NRL game. Secondly, you run at a higher intensity during the game. AFL is a man-on-man game. You have to go with your opponent".
"In rugby league, there are lots of times you can have a rest. You can sit in the defensive line where the ball isn't. Folau will have to lose weight to run better. He doesn't need all his size.'' Similarly, Inglis would have to sacrifice weight for running capacity. The Storm are encouraging Inglis to run two kilometres a game. In AFL, he must run 14km."
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... -z9q3.html
They hooked up one of the players during the last Origin game 7k (replaced once) and made over 50 tackles.

AFL might be a 2 hour game ie. they may waltz and twirl around the field for 2 hours but - unlike league , they have 3 rest periods(one for 20min) and are replaced 6 or 7 times. So in essence there not athletes - there over paid bludgers.

You lose /gain weight to run faster/stronger not longer

And why would the Storm encourage Inglis to do anything? he play for Souths?
Its not just distance covered its the intensity of movement during that time. As Gibbs said AFL players cover more ground which includes more running. When Inglis played for the storm hed barely run 2kms. The rest must be walking
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

post_hoc wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:21 am
Football midfielders run about 11-12 km per game, no interchange, little to no breaks, constant moving transition from defense into attack. So sorry but you AFL players having a whinge about running and needing a break.

From a social football perspective, I have runners social runners, that run half marathons, that run for fitness daily, they play a social game and ALWAYS come off puffing, sore and amazed at how tiring it is.
Ive had people who played AFL come and play weekend with my team and they always end up tired after the first 20 and always end up inured, always calf and hamstring.
Former Rugby players seem to handle the stamina side the best, they keep running, might not be quick, but a rugby player is always moving. But they often they twinge the hamstring because of the sudden change in direction required
The players that do best are actually touch football players, they run, they can change direction, the short sprints followed by the slower moving recovery seems to dovetail with Football
yes , totally agree, The site I was at said all that. And to the best of my knowledge a soccer match doesn't allow you to make 90 replacements during a match.

AFL is a sport more suitable for retirement villages and old peoples homes. Is it a sport though? The AFL is a very corrupt organisation, maybe it is just a tag team event pretending to be a sport in order to qualify as a not- for- profit organisation.

This helps to explain why the post match presentation attracts more viewers than the tag team event.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:46 am
yes , totally agree, The site I was at said all that. And to the best of my knowledge a soccer match doesn't allow you to make 90 replacements during a match.

AFL is a sport more suitable for retirement villages and old peoples homes. Is it a sport though? The AFL is a very corrupt organisation, maybe it is just a tag team event pretending to be a sport in order to qualify as a not- for- profit organisation.

This helps to explain why the post match presentation attracts more viewers than the tag team event.
fuck youre a dickhead. The post match presentation is averaged over a very short amount of time where the maximum audience tune in to see the end result. The game itself averages less because at time during the 120 minute game, like half time, there are less viewers. Your stupidity is mind-boggling.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/t ... 263693a59a
Running machine Gaff is undoubtedly the king when it comes to total distance covered, being the leading player on the ground in 15 of his 16 matches this season. Gaff’s record mark is 18.4km, when he gathered a team-high 27 disposals in the loss to Melbourne at Domain Stadium in round 14. Sam Mitchell and Liam Duggan are both listed as running 22km, or more than half a marathon, in the same match.

Soccer covers around 10kms for a 90 minutes plus stoppage time. AFL players cover around 15-17kms for 80 minutes plus stoppage time. http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-07-19/t ... speed-king https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... er_players

And now on to RL: http://www.theroar.com.au/2017/06/22/au ... by-league/
Rohan provided me with some de-identified GPS data from a recent coaching appointment. The data showed players travelled an average of 5.9 kilometres per game, or 7.9 kilometres per 80 minutes. Of this, less than ten per cent, or around 500 metres, was classed as ‘high intensity running’. :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

You leave out one important factor
Ours is a collision sport .
Yours is contact .
Big big difference on what that does to te human body

Have a read & get educated
http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/201 ... -news.html

Nathan Friend a human missile

Luke Turgeon | May 8th, 2010

Pictures: Titans training, May 6, 2010

HE experiences the same G-forces as a fighter pilot and runs the equivalent distance from Burleigh Heads to Surfers Paradise while clocking speeds in excess of 30km/h.

Titans hooker Nathan Friend has long been regarded as arguably the hardest working player in the NRL.

But now the Bulletin has uncovered the science behind the statistics, with exclusive GPS data revealing the strain placed on the gutsy No.9 every time he plays.

Friend wore a GPS device under his jersey against the Penrith Panthers last week at Skilled Park and the results were astonishing. During 80 minutes, Friend ran 10.65km with a top speed of 8.5m a second, while his heart rate peaked at 190bpm.

But the most amazing data came from the magnitude of the collisions.

Friend experienced 74 impacts above a G-force of 8, which is higher than that felt by a Formula One driver (5G) or an astronaut (7G).

"In terms of what it would do to a regular person, well most people wouldn't get up," said Titans strength and conditioning coach and Bond University assistant professor Chris McLellan.

"Basically these guys over the course of the season get conditioned for the collision.

"It is not something normal people are accustomed to.

"In terms of Friend being the hardest working man in the NRL, it would be impossible for me to know because I don't know what every other player is doing.

"But he is covering the most ground by far for us and he certainly had the highest number of collisions. He is topping out all of our categories in terms of the number of sprints and his heart rate, because let's face it, he doesn't stop."

The GPS devices are fitted with an accelerometer, which uses satellites to determine change of velocity.

"Impact data is obtained from being tackled and tackling, but also tackle breaks and say if you are already in a tackle and someone else jumps on top of you," said McLellan.

"It is the same as the GPS in your car, it tells you how quickly you are moving and how quickly you stop and then gives you the G-forces.

"It gives us a good indication and we use it as a monitoring tool."

Friend is renowned for his high workrate, which regularly includes nearly 50 tackles a game, most of which are made bringing down opposition big men.

"I have been used to the contact since I was six years old," said the reigning Paul Broughton Medallist.

"We took part in a study last year to measure our bone density at Griffith University.

"It showed our bones are probably twice as strong as a normal person.
Last edited by AFLcrap1 on Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:19 pm
You leave out one important factor
Ours is a collision sport .
Yours is contact .
Big big difference on what that does to te human body

Have a read & get educated
http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/201 ... -news.html
I'm not doubting that. However, high intensity running for only 500m a game is laughable
post_hoc
Coach
Coach
Team: Western Sydney Wanderers
Been liked: 0

Post by post_hoc »

Football allows 3 replacements, that's it, no interchange.
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
Football has 22% more players than the other football codes combined
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

post_hoc wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:30 pm
Football allows 3 replacements, that's it, no interchange.
The AFL players may have multiple breaks but they cover 50% further distance and the AF is also a contact sport
post_hoc
Coach
Coach

Post by post_hoc »

If you think football isn't a contact sport you really don't have a clue
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

post_hoc wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:03 pm
If you think football isn't a contact sport you really don't have a clue
minimal at best, and most of it results in
post_hoc
Coach
Coach

Post by post_hoc »

Like i said, you really have no idea.
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:34 am
NlolRL wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:25 am

According to an ex NRL player and now doctor NRL players are lucky to cover a few kms. Most of it looks like slow paced jogging or walking. No wonder they dont need breaks, most of the game is played at a break intensity.

"Physically, AFL is a two-hour running game where two things happen,'' says Gibbs. ''Firstly, the total distance you run is further than in an NRL game. Secondly, you run at a higher intensity during the game. AFL is a man-on-man game. You have to go with your opponent".
"In rugby league, there are lots of times you can have a rest. You can sit in the defensive line where the ball isn't. Folau will have to lose weight to run better. He doesn't need all his size.'' Similarly, Inglis would have to sacrifice weight for running capacity. The Storm are encouraging Inglis to run two kilometres a game. In AFL, he must run 14km."
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... -z9q3.html
They hooked up one of the players during the last Origin game 7k (replaced once) and made over 50 tackles.

AFL might be a 2 hour game ie. they may waltz and twirl around the field for 2 hours but - unlike league , they have 3 rest periods(one for 20min) and are replaced 6 or 7 times. So in essence there not athletes - there over paid bludgers.

Its not just distance covered its the intensity of movement during that time. As Gibbs said AFL players cover more ground which includes more running. When Inglis played for the storm hed barely run 2kms. The rest must be walking
That's right its just not distance . and if you think that the AFL players run with the same intensity as league players than your cracked!. And as usual you come up with a lot of dribble and lashings of crap
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 167 times

Post by Terry »

Allowing the fumbling league to have 90 interchanges a game has actually helped it become the appalling unskilled mess it is today. It is truly the ugliest game in world sports.

A few decades ago it was sometimes watchable when there were one on one marking contests and occasional sweeping ball movement's from one end of the field to the other. Today it is 90% fumble, bumble and stumble. The players are continually slapping and grabbing at the ball as it is rolled and bumbled along the ground in a kind of ugly rolling maul that happens after every possession. Next year I will put a stop watch on these mauls and I guarantee they will take up most of the game when the ball is in play.

The cause of this is the ridiculous interchange laws that allows the flooding system used by coaches. It causes massive congestion around the ball that kills the game as any sort of spectacle.

I'll give you fumblers a tip: either get rid of the 90 interchange rule or cut your teams to 12 players a side. If you don't you will continue to have your embarrassment of a game that is the laughing stock of world sports. You heard it here first and I won't charge Silly Gilly for the advice.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:38 pm
NlolRL wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:34 am

That's right its just not distance . and if you think that the AFL players run with the same intensity as league players than your cracked!. And as usual you come up with a lot of dribble and lashings of crap
Of course AFL players run with the same intensity ya clown. Every sport where speed is important requires players to sprint
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

post_hoc wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:02 pm
Like i said, you really have no idea.
You think soccer involves nearly as much contact as ARs?
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:52 pm
Allowing the fumbling league to have 90 interchanges a game has actually helped it become the appalling unskilled mess it is today. It is truly the ugliest game in world sports.

A few decades ago it was sometimes watchable when there were one on one marking contests and occasional sweeping ball movement's from one end of the field to the other. Today it is 90% fumble, bumble and stumble. The players are continually slapping and grabbing at the ball as it is rolled and bumbled along the ground in a kind of ugly rolling maul that happens after every possession. Next year I will put a stop watch on these mauls and I guarantee they will take up most of the game when the ball is in play.

The cause of this is the ridiculous interchange laws that allows the flooding system used by coaches. It causes massive congestion around the ball that kills the game as any sort of spectacle.

I'll give you fumblers a tip: either get rid of the 90 interchange rule or cut your teams to 12 players a side. If you don't you will continue to have your embarrassment of a game that is the laughing stock of world sports. You heard it here first and I won't charge Silly Gilly for the advice.
Agree entirely