Re: 2017 - AFL / AFLW - Australian Football TV Ratings

AFL football TV ratings and discussion.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Re: 2017 - Australian Football TV Ratings - AFL, AFL Womens etc (Rolling updates in OP)

Post by pussycat »

There will be considerably more in the semis.

In the final. In last years AFL GF I think there was about 900 metro viewers from the Northern States. I think it pretty safe to assume your semi will get a boost.

AFL is a crap game , I already new that. I don't want to hear your excuse!
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Re: 2017 - Australian Football TV Ratings - AFL, AFL Womens etc (Rolling updates in OP)

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:14 am

In the final. In last years AFL GF I think there was about 900 metro viewers from the Northern States. I think it pretty safe to assume your semi will get a boost.

so crap you think 1/3rd of your fans tune in at 9.45pm to watch it :(/
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:14 am

getting the excuses out early this year I see :rofl:

Funny how you ignore the disadvantages of a game into perth starting before 6pm on 7mate. If Brisbane got this your FN games wouldnt rate above 800k
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:47 am
pussycat wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:33 pm
According to
figure I just worked out, I'm pretty sure there right.

For the 5 capital cites only.

League states. 1 in every 299 thousand has a tv meter.

AFL states. 1 in every 293 thousand

For Regional areas.

League states. 1 in every 246 thousand

AFL 1 in every 244 thousand.
lets address this latest absurd claim. Your numbers would suggest the AFL metro markets have a 2% advantage, and 0.8% advantage in regional markets. This averages out to 1% advantage for all markets.

In other words a game rating 800k FTA, which is about average on FN, would give us a whopping advantage of 8k. Wow, no wonder we are leading 25-4! :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/

However, I would imagine OZTAM would use a certain number of meters in Melbourne and Sydney, and divide these by each markets populations. 100 meters in Melbourne for 4 million = 40,000 people per meter. Sydney's 100 meters (example only) for 4.5 million people = 45,000 per meter. Therefore for every meter watching NRL in Sydney OZTAM count 45,000 viewers. It basically balances out

To suggest these ratings are incorrectly estimated using such a mistake is just ridiculous given how much money is allocated via ratings.
I don't suggest these numbers are incorrect , I don't know where your getting that from.

What the do show is that the AFL get a clear boost in this area .

Sydney's Population is 5.03m, and ratings are counted by 1475 tv meters.

Melbourne's Population is 4.67m, yet ratings are still counted by 1475 metres.

So Sydney's population is 8% higher than Melbourne's but they will both be counted by the counted equally.

Given that a Sydney person is much more likely to be watching NRL and vice versa This is yet another obstacle RL have over come in yet another gold medal winning performance :thumbleft:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Thats a complete guess.

My figures were an example. Using your figures OZTAM could simply divide 5.03m by 1475 so each meter represents 3,410 people. For melbourne they divide 4.67m by 1475 so each meter represents 3,166 people. Therefore the meters accurately represent the population.

I mean seriously, you honestly think the networks would allow their advertising revenue to be determined by incorrectly gathered data?
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

#EJWhittenLegendsGame 📺
•TOTAL: 813k
•Nat: 665k
-5 city: 510k
>SYD: 17k
>MEL: 346k
>BRI: 18k
>ADE: 83k
>PER: 46k
-Reg: 155k
•Fox: 148k

•TOTAL: 914k
•Nat: 700k
-5 city: 440k
>SYD: 246k
>MEL: 10k
>BRI: 167k
>ADE: 6k
>PER: 11k
-Regional: 260k
•Fox: 214k

Well done NRL, you beat a light-hearted AFL exhibition game of retired players by less than 10% :(/

Here's your stupid theory at work pussy. Last night the NRL in Syd and Bris rated 411k. If 1/3rd tuned in to the AFL at 9.45pm that would be 137k RL fans watching an AFL exhibition game. Average out over 3 hours (22% times 137k) is 30k, yet only 35k watched the AFL between both cities anyway. So you're saying only 5k watched the AFL exhibition game for the entire 3 hours, and 30k for 40 minutes?

Your desperation knows no bounds
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:08 pm
Thats a complete guess.

My figures were an example. Using your figures OZTAM could simply divide 5.03m by 1475 so each meter represents 3,410 people. For melbourne they divide 4.67m by 1475 so each meter represents 3,166 people. Therefore the meters accurately represent the population.

I mean seriously, you honestly think the networks would allow their advertising revenue to be determined by incorrectly gathered data?
These are from the figures that Oz Tam puts out . And there is no problem. It shows they clearly favour the AFL states. So the fact that they still get less ratings each year is even more pathetic than how pathetic than I originally thought you fumblers were.

NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:24 pm
NlolRL wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:08 pm
Thats a complete guess.

These are from the figures that Oz Tam puts out . And there is no problem. It shows they clearly favour the AFL states. So the fact that they still get less ratings each year is even more pathetic than how pathetic than I originally thought you fumblers were.
so your claim is OZTAM treat Melbourne and Sydney's population as the same?
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

It's funny how the ratings system is totally perfect when it shows a nrlol win yet it's fudged or faulty & flawed when the afl wins!

Usual nrlol fan logic
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

The only thing I find funny(besides you link) is your ratings. There pathetic.

There is nothing wrong with rating system. It does slightly favour the AFL but despite, despite less matches, RL still manages to come up more ratings every year.

A big Melbourne Audience last. The storm should have more post match presentations it really seems to attract the Mexicans.

leagueiscrap
Banned
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

pussycat wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:09 am
The only thing I find funny(besides you link) is your ratings. There pathetic.

There is nothing wrong with rating system. It does slightly favour the AFL but despite, despite less matches, RL still manages to come up more ratings every year.

A big Melbourne Audience last. The storm should have more post match presentations it really seems to attract the Mexicans.
Says the one who is claiming that the rating boxes favour the afl!

It's funny that on comparing when the games are played head to head the afl flogs the nrlol on nearly every occasion.
It will be proven again this finals series :)))
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

I'm not claiming anything Link. These are facts, Facts backed up by the latest Austrian population figures & shown by Oz tam figures.

SportFan
Reserves
Reserves
Been liked: 0

Post by SportFan »

My predictions for Week 1 finals (total average) 😁

What are your thoughts??

•QF1 (ADEL v GWS) 7:50pm THURS: 1.55m

•QF2 (GEEL v RICH) 7:50pm FRI: 1.9m

•EF2 (SYD v ESS) 4:20pm SAT: 1.65m

•EF1 (PORT v WCE) 7:50pm SAT: 1.4m

Friday night should be one for the ages, can't believe it, I'll be at the 'G (they reckon 97,000 now)!
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

UP THE CROWS!

Thu TV #AFLfinals #AFLCrowsGiants Seven 758k (Syd 91k Mel 415k Ade 253k) 7mate 150k (Bri 47k Per 104k)

smart move by 7 network playing game on CH7
SportFan
Reserves
Reserves
Been liked: 0

Post by SportFan »

1.48m total average viewers.

Highest rating game now in 2017 (by 80k, Anzac Day clash had 1.4m).