Re: 2017 - AFL / AFLW - Australian Football TV Ratings

AFL football TV ratings and discussion.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Re: 2017 - Australian Football TV Ratings - AFL, AFL Womens etc (Rolling updates in OP)

Post by pussycat »

Fred wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 3:57 pm
I don't really care. There are always nuances and I do agree that Friday head to head is best but there is always going to be someone who says this or that. It's just s but of fun. You know what, do it by round and by games.
The NRL and AFL are both trying to get as many ratings as possible, in there respective seasons. this is just straight forward, the logical way, but far to logical for some of you fumbler fans. but but but...............
Last edited by pussycat on Wed May 31, 2017 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Re: 2017 - Australian Football TV Ratings - AFL, AFL Womens etc (Rolling updates in OP)

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 7:40 pm
I don't really care. There are always nuances and I do agree that Friday head to head is best but there is always going to be someone who says this or that. It's just s but of fun. You know what, do it by round and by games.
The NRL and AFL are both trying there best to get as many ratings as possible, in there respective seasons. this is just straight forward, logical way to logical for some of you fumbler fans. but but but...............
one code does everything possible because they sold control of their scheduling to the network. The other refused to change their GF to prime time despite the lower ratings
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 5:13 pm
pussycat wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 5:07 pm
NlolRL wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 3:26 pm
Fred, you cant use averages if the conditions arent identical. Eg: NRL on Thursday night is a single game shown nationally on FTA and fox. Average audience is say 900k.

AFL on Saturday night has two games at the same time, shown nationally on PTV but only one is shown into each city on FTA. Ratings would be 1.1m

This suggests NRL gets 900k per match and AFL 550k per match. How is this possible when the AFL gets around 1m per game on Friday night?

Averages simply dont work if the schedules are not the same

You have more FTA games than us , more PTV games than us, We take away the Ratings from NZ and we still win.

But but all you like, the laws of physic's aren't about to change - We have More - You have less . more is better than less.

:cheers:
well as Wookie said, who won last year is not certain given the NRL quoted lower figures than he had. And as you can see from my example above, our schedule does not reflect more games, quite the opposite
I don't believe Wookie would say that, that's something a bad loser like yourself would say. We can all count , we all seen the overnight figures and we won quiet comfortably. Just as we did the year before that, and before that and before that, and before that and probably the year before that. I must say some of rating excuses are nothing short of hilarious. How often do you practice your routine?

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 7:43 pm
The NRL and AFL are both trying there best to get as many ratings as possible, in there respective seasons. this is just straight forward, logical way to logical for some of you fumbler fans. but but but...............
one code does everything possible because they sold control of their scheduling to the network. The other refused to change their GF to prime time despite the lower ratings

:(/ :(/ :(/ You must practice.

You seem to forget that your mob hand picked this years TV matches in blocks of 4 :(/ :(/ :(/

NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 11:34 pm
NlolRL wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 7:43 pm

:(/ :(/ :(/ You must practice.

You seem to forget that your mob hand picked this years TV matches in blocks of 4 :(/ :(/ :(/
:hmm:
SportFan
Reserves
Reserves
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 0

Post by SportFan »

Devil's advocate...

Why would the AFL 'need' prime-time Grand Final?

When it still thumped everything else with 4.1m viewers!

Unequivocally shows people couldn't care less about the time of day, better still, if at night, even more probably would have tuned-in 😮
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Last year. but not the previous two years. And It took your best Grand final in 16 years, If the Bulldogs had'nt been able to sneak past GWS in the final It would have been one of your worst rating grand finals ever.

As usual we will have 4 of the top 5 programs again this year :rock: :cheers:

NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:01 am
Last year. but not the previous two years. And It took your best Grand final in 16 years, If the Bulldogs had'nt been able to sneak past GWS in the final It would have been one of your worst rating grand finals ever.

As usual we will have 4 of the top 5 programs again this year :rock: :cheers:
and before those years the AFL won. In fact the main reason those 2 years were down for us was Hawthorn's repeated dominance. That wont be happening any time soon
SportFan
Reserves
Reserves

Post by SportFan »

Updated from Mr TV

•TOTAL: 830k

•Nat: 637k

-5 city: 507k

>SYD:29k
>MEL: 251k
>BRI:22k
>ADE: 142k
>PER:63k

-Reg: 130k

•Fox: 210k
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

What wrong with you fumblers. No opposition last night and you will be struggling to get 850k. Wednesday night - no opposition and we get 3.5m! what's going on? Just 250k in Melbourne [-( talk about pathetic - what must channel 7 be thinking right now?

Keep Kerry away from any sharp implements

:rock: :rock: :rock:

It must be terrible to have to show some of your sides that don't rate well :wink:
Last edited by pussycat on Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:17 am
What wrong with you fumblers. No opposition last night and you will be struggling to get 850k. Wednesday night - no opposition and we get 3.5m! what's going on? Just 250k in Melbourne [-( talk about pathetic - what must channel 7 be thinking right now?

Keep Kerry away from any sharp implements

:rock: :rock: :rock:
:(/ AFL ratings are up this year. How are the NRL ratings going? :mrgreen:

In last night's game Hawthorn recorded its lowest half time score in their history. Most of Melbourne simply turned off, and rightly so. Thye were horrible. How the mighty have fallen!
SportFan
Reserves
Reserves

Post by SportFan »

Ratings have been updated...

•TOTAL: 875k

•Nat: 665k

-5 city: 507k

>SYD:29k
>MEL: 251k
>BRI:22k
>ADE: 142k
>PER:63k

-Reg: 158k

•Fox: 210k

NOTE TO WOOKIE:

That national and regional number also confirmed by Crikey.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

I thought those regionals looked low
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Haa, Haa, Haa 3.5m v 875k. Two games, stand alone nights :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ but but :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ but but butbut :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :

Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

You seriously comparing soo to a home and away game ? Clutching much?
Veni, vidi, vici