state of origin match

Australian Football news and discussion.
kaskill
Seniors
Seniors
Team:
Been liked: 0

state of origin match

Post by kaskill »

i was just reading about all the old timers kicking up about the state of origin match and i mean come on!!!! cant anything go without someone having a cry these days? it would be abit of fun for everyone involved and the crowd would enjoy it. In my opinion its a great idea, then u have all these stupid old coots like cornes saying its a disgrace? he is a disgrace he's only doing it to get media attention he mustn't be selling enough cars or something. Let the game go and let everyone have a great day!
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

I must admit I'm not a fan of the proposed Victoria v the Rest concept. Victorians will no doubt love it, but I don't think interest outside of VIC will be great. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see the return of a real State of Origin series involving VIC, SA, WA, NSW/ACT and QLD.
dogsact
Has thanked: 0

Post by dogsact »

Im Victorian. I personnally think the Vic versus the Rest idea stinks to high heaven. What pride is there for the non Vic representatives in pulling on that jumper. They want to pull on their home state jumper, just as the Vics do the Big V. The Allies concept has been tried and failed. The three main states should be represenated. Getting sides together from QLD, Tas, NSW could be the issue, perhaps a composite side for those more non traditional states.

4 Teams VIc, WA, SA, NEW South-Qld and NT-TAS (NEW QANTAS)

2 Games. Team 1 v Team 2, Team 3 v 4

Final - Winner versus Winner
Lead up match - Loser versus Loser.

Simple. :D
LisaJ
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by LisaJ »

dogsact wrote:
Im Victorian. I personnally think the Vic versus the Rest idea stinks to high heaven. What pride is there for the non Vic representatives in pulling on that jumper. They want to pull on their home state jumper, just as the Vics do the Big V. The Allies concept has been tried and failed. The three main states should be represenated. Getting sides together from QLD, Tas, NSW could be the issue, perhaps a composite side for those more non traditional states.

Simple. :D
I like this idea..hope the AFL can use it..
Harold Nayda
Team:

Post by Harold Nayda »

I think the young people donot respect the old peoples views today like they used to, my grand children have their say but they do listen to us when we comment about sport that interests them. I live in the outback as you may put it Alice Springs, and I would say that you are going to be surprised when we join the League , and I am not saying anything about the people who live above the Berrama line eh! but the Centre of the Great Australia will produce more fantastic plyers and a better competition for other believe me Harold =D> #-o
kaskill
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by kaskill »

when will alice springs ever join the afl????
Timma7
Team:

Post by Timma7 »

dogsact wrote:

Simple.

Good idea but some clubs don't want their players playing in one state of origin match, let alone two matches
Harold Nayda
Team:

Post by Harold Nayda »

:wink: :wink: Will Alice AFL ever join the AFl, thats up to the people who control and make their minds up. Can Alice ever produce a Team For the AFL Body, Yes they can and will do if they get rid of the Clontaff hangers on and allow the youth here to get on with their football carreers and do not just pick a team because they are your friends, pick the young who are willing to train and give it a go, because as I have stated before the Berrimah Line used here in the Territory is a problem not only by me but also Kids Sports are affected. There has and always will be the Mate System used to give kids a go, but underlying part about Sports is that if you are in the Know you have a chance to get your kids in, especially the Thunder Side where young have been punished and the Coaches do not listen to them, Why? As for the State of Origin let it rip and everyone enjoy themselves while they are there, give it a go do not hold back everyone is entitled to be part of new adventures thanks Harold. =D> #-o