Rank the Codes in NSW

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Posts: 8252
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:13 am
Team: Collingwood
Location: Gold Coast
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 101 times

Re: Rank the Codes in NSW

Post by Fred »

Can you tell us how many afl clubs in NSW. I do not know but would have thought it was more than 126. Thought it would have been higher for soccer too.

Re: the other points re: grounds and such would be good to have some actual figures too.

Re: media. You seem to compare AFL to NRL in your comments but not to soccer? You say AFL is on a radio station but no comment on if soccer is aired on any major radio station? Same with TV. AFL is shown on 7 mate (although I believe many swan”s games are shown on main channel) however what is soccer shown on. Same with supporting TV shows… not any afl ones on FTA (although in Qld the front bar is shown on 7) but how many soccer shows are on ?

Happy to be educated with actual figures. I’m sure Wookie will address each point with numbers.


Veni, vidi, vici
NRL&NFLweLaughATAFL2
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:36 pm
Team: Manly
Location: Brookvale
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 4 times

Re: Rank the Codes in NSW

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATAFL2 »

Fred wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:45 pm Can you tell us how many afl clubs in NSW. I do not know but would have thought it was more than 126. Thought it would have been higher for soccer too.

Re: the other points re: grounds and such would be good to have some actual figures too.

Re: media. You seem to compare AFL to NRL in your comments but not to soccer? You say AFL is on a radio station but no comment on if soccer is aired on any major radio station? Same with TV. AFL is shown on 7 mate (although I believe many swan”s games are shown on main channel) however what is soccer shown on. Same with supporting TV shows… not any afl ones on FTA (although in Qld the front bar is shown on 7) but how many soccer shows are on ?

Happy to be educated with actual figures. I’m sure Wookie will address each point with numbers.
They don't have more than 126 individual clubs and they definitely have a lot less than 200,000 players.

NSW has a lot of international communities that will never get into AFL. Which is why soccer numbers are so high.

League is in front of soccer with professional clubs, and money. But soccer would be ahead in a lot of factors for us too like player numbers.

But league has a large general interest that is what keeps it on top with the media willing to invest.
AFL does not have this in NSW totally, otherwise local team AFL games would be shown on the major channels.

General interest soccer is definitely ahead of AFL in NSW, I saw it for myself before covid lockdowns. Community soccer parks were always packed over weekends.
Has been like this forever in Sydney & I can't see it ever changing.
These users liked the author NRL&NFLweLaughATAFL2 for the post:
Pippen1994 (Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:16 pm)


User avatar
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 9322
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:38 pm
Team: Sydney Swans
Location: Sydney
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 21 times
Contact:

Re: Rank the Codes in NSW

Post by Beaussie »

NRL&NFLweLaughATAFL2 wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:55 pm
Beaussie wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:47 pm
NRL&NFLweLaughATAFL2 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:57 pm Until I see AFL on prime time tv stations all the time in Sydney and on the top rating radio stations.
I will remain far from convinced that AFL is number 2.
And the A-League and Super Rugby are broadcast on prime time tv and radio stations in Sydney?

Seriously :(/

Again from an NRL clubs own report:

You can put all the bullshit charts up you like, but facts don't lie. Anyone can make a fake news chart. :lol: =D
But the media is still not putting AFL on prime radio & television.

Rugby is shown on 9Gem in Sydney so it's tv coverage is still being shown.

Last night was interesting. Rugby with the Wallabies prime time on Channel 9 up against an all Melbourne AFL grand final from Perth prime time on Channel 7... and look at the results in Sydney and Brisbane.

Australia's Game :wink:


Seven network primary share: 61.9%
Sydney 36.1%, Melbourne 80.6%, Brisbane 36.3%, Adelaide 63.3%, Perth 66.0%.

https://www.mediaweek.com.au/weekend-tv ... r-25-2021/


SEVEN’S AFL: GRAND FINAL: MELBOURNE V WESTERN BULLDOGS Seven Network 3,006,000 395,000 1,636,000 214,000 278,000 483,000
THE RUGBY CHAMPIONSHIP 2021 -AUS V ARG Nine Network 269,000 135,000 30,000 81,000 6,000 17,000

https://tvtonight.com.au/2021/09/saturd ... -2021.html


"One in every 24 Australians is now a member of an AFL club, a sign that the national reach of Australian football has never been greater," League CEO Gillon McLachlan said.
Pippen1994
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:32 pm
Team: Parra
Location: Sydney
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 0

Re: Rank the Codes in NSW

Post by Pippen1994 »

Beaussie wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:17 am
NRL&NFLweLaughATAFL2 wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:55 pm
Beaussie wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:47 pm

And the A-League and Super Rugby are broadcast on prime time tv and radio stations in Sydney?

Seriously :(/

Again from an NRL clubs own report:

You can put all the bullshit charts up you like, but facts don't lie. Anyone can make a fake news chart. :lol: =D
But the media is still not putting AFL on prime radio & television.

Rugby is shown on 9Gem in Sydney so it's tv coverage is still being shown.

Last night was interesting. Rugby with the Wallabies prime time on Channel 9 up against an all Melbourne AFL grand final from Perth prime time on Channel 7... and look at the results in Sydney and Brisbane.

Australia's Game :wink:


Seven network primary share: 61.9%
Sydney 36.1%, Melbourne 80.6%, Brisbane 36.3%, Adelaide 63.3%, Perth 66.0%.

https://www.mediaweek.com.au/weekend-tv ... r-25-2021/


SEVEN’S AFL: GRAND FINAL: MELBOURNE V WESTERN BULLDOGS Seven Network 3,006,000 395,000 1,636,000 214,000 278,000 483,000
THE RUGBY CHAMPIONSHIP 2021 -AUS V ARG Nine Network 269,000 135,000 30,000 81,000 6,000 17,000

https://tvtonight.com.au/2021/09/saturd ... -2021.html
That's a good rating for wallabies with gf competition no less. When's last time swans got 100k + watching in Sydney (I think finals match)?? Wallabies more consistent ratings draw.
Ppl watch gf because its gf & we all in lockdown, but pretending that isn't mostly casual viewers is a reach


truthbomber
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:57 am
Team: Cobar Roosters
Location: The Ord river
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Re: Rank the Codes in NSW

Post by truthbomber »

Beaussie wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:17 am
NRL&NFLweLaughATAFL2 wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:55 pm
Beaussie wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:47 pm

And the A-League and Super Rugby are broadcast on prime time tv and radio stations in Sydney?

Seriously :(/

Again from an NRL clubs own report:

You can put all the bullshit charts up you like, but facts don't lie. Anyone can make a fake news chart. :lol: =D
But the media is still not putting AFL on prime radio & television.

Rugby is shown on 9Gem in Sydney so it's tv coverage is still being shown.

Last night was interesting. Rugby with the Wallabies prime time on Channel 9 up against an all Melbourne AFL grand final from Perth prime time on Channel 7... and look at the results in Sydney and Brisbane.

Australia's Game :wink:


Seven network primary share: 61.9%
Sydney 36.1%, Melbourne 80.6%, Brisbane 36.3%, Adelaide 63.3%, Perth 66.0%.

https://www.mediaweek.com.au/weekend-tv ... r-25-2021/


SEVEN’S AFL: GRAND FINAL: MELBOURNE V WESTERN BULLDOGS Seven Network 3,006,000 395,000 1,636,000 214,000 278,000 483,000
THE RUGBY CHAMPIONSHIP 2021 -AUS V ARG Nine Network 269,000 135,000 30,000 81,000 6,000 17,000

https://tvtonight.com.au/2021/09/saturd ... -2021.html
Australias game lol


would have been a different story if the NRL hadn't played nice & moved their final buddy


User avatar
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 9322
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:38 pm
Team: Sydney Swans
Location: Sydney
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 21 times
Contact:

Re: Rank the Codes in NSW

Post by Beaussie »

truthbomber wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:03 pm
Beaussie wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:17 am
NRL&NFLweLaughATAFL2 wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:55 pm

You can put all the bullshit charts up you like, but facts don't lie. Anyone can make a fake news chart. :lol: =D
But the media is still not putting AFL on prime radio & television.

Rugby is shown on 9Gem in Sydney so it's tv coverage is still being shown.

Last night was interesting. Rugby with the Wallabies prime time on Channel 9 up against an all Melbourne AFL grand final from Perth prime time on Channel 7... and look at the results in Sydney and Brisbane.

Australia's Game :wink:


Seven network primary share: 61.9%
Sydney 36.1%, Melbourne 80.6%, Brisbane 36.3%, Adelaide 63.3%, Perth 66.0%.

https://www.mediaweek.com.au/weekend-tv ... r-25-2021/


SEVEN’S AFL: GRAND FINAL: MELBOURNE V WESTERN BULLDOGS Seven Network 3,006,000 395,000 1,636,000 214,000 278,000 483,000
THE RUGBY CHAMPIONSHIP 2021 -AUS V ARG Nine Network 269,000 135,000 30,000 81,000 6,000 17,000

https://tvtonight.com.au/2021/09/saturd ... -2021.html
Australias game lol


would have been a different story if the NRL hadn't played nice & moved their final buddy
NRL played nice eh? :(/


"One in every 24 Australians is now a member of an AFL club, a sign that the national reach of Australian football has never been greater," League CEO Gillon McLachlan said.
truthbomber
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:57 am
Team: Cobar Roosters
Location: The Ord river
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Re: Rank the Codes in NSW

Post by truthbomber »

Beaussie wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:23 pm
truthbomber wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:03 pm
Beaussie wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:17 am


Last night was interesting. Rugby with the Wallabies prime time on Channel 9 up against an all Melbourne AFL grand final from Perth prime time on Channel 7... and look at the results in Sydney and Brisbane.

Australia's Game :wink:


Seven network primary share: 61.9%
Sydney 36.1%, Melbourne 80.6%, Brisbane 36.3%, Adelaide 63.3%, Perth 66.0%.

https://www.mediaweek.com.au/weekend-tv ... r-25-2021/


SEVEN’S AFL: GRAND FINAL: MELBOURNE V WESTERN BULLDOGS Seven Network 3,006,000 395,000 1,636,000 214,000 278,000 483,000
THE RUGBY CHAMPIONSHIP 2021 -AUS V ARG Nine Network 269,000 135,000 30,000 81,000 6,000 17,000

https://tvtonight.com.au/2021/09/saturd ... -2021.html
Australias game lol


would have been a different story if the NRL hadn't played nice & moved their final buddy
NRL played nice eh? :(/
yep played nice :cool:
These users liked the author truthbomber for the post:
Bumsniffers (Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:56 pm)


Fred
Coach
Coach
Posts: 8252
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:13 am
Team: Collingwood
Location: Gold Coast
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 101 times

Re: Rank the Codes in NSW

Post by Fred »

Lol. It was a smart move by the nrl. When has v”Landry”s ever played nice


Veni, vidi, vici
pussycat Mark 11
Seniors
Seniors
Posts: 444
Joined: Sun May 10, 2020 8:00 pm
Team: Easts
Location: geelong
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 30 times

Re: Rank the Codes in NSW

Post by pussycat Mark 11 »

The club with the most supporters in Melbourne is the Storm according Roy Morgans latest report. But, But, But.

We already know the most popular club in NSW is the NSW Blues. And the most popular team in Qld are the morons. So I guess this just leaves AFL WA and SA - the National game :(/ :(/ :(/


Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
User avatar
Quolls2019
Captain
Captain
Posts: 777
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:20 pm
Team: North Melbourne
Location: Melbourne
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Re: Rank the Codes in NSW

Post by Quolls2019 »

pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:55 am The club with the most supporters in Melbourne is the Storm according Roy Morgans latest report. But, But, But.

We already know the most popular club in NSW is the NSW Blues. And the most popular team in Qld are the morons. So I guess this just leaves AFL WA and SA - the National game :(/ :(/ :(/
And according to the Roy Morgan AFL poll The Swans are more than twice as popular than any NSW RL club.
The NSW blues are not a club.
So by your logic, NSW is now an AFL state.


There are lies, damn lies and ratings.
pussycat Mark 11
Seniors
Seniors
Posts: 444
Joined: Sun May 10, 2020 8:00 pm
Team: Easts
Location: geelong
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 30 times

Re: Rank the Codes in NSW

Post by pussycat Mark 11 »

Quolls2019 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:31 pm
pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:55 am The club with the most supporters in Melbourne is the Storm according Roy Morgans latest report. But, But, But.

We already know the most popular club in NSW is the NSW Blues. And the most popular team in Qld are the morons. So I guess this just leaves AFL WA and SA - the National game :(/ :(/ :(/
And according to the Roy Morgan AFL poll The Swans are more than twice as popular than any NSW RL club.
The NSW blues are not a club.
So by your logic, NSW is now an AFL state.
The NSW Blues has millions of fans or should I say millions more than the Swans.

Logic? does'nt seem to be your strong point :wink:


Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
Terry
Coach
Coach
Posts: 3926
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:19 pm
Team: Wests Tigers
Location:
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 120 times

Re: Rank the Codes in NSW

Post by Terry »

Quolls2019 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:31 pm
pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:55 am The club with the most supporters in Melbourne is the Storm according Roy Morgans latest report. But, But, But.

We already know the most popular club in NSW is the NSW Blues. And the most popular team in Qld are the morons. So I guess this just leaves AFL WA and SA - the National game :(/ :(/ :(/
And according to the Roy Morgan AFL poll The Swans are more than twice as popular than any NSW RL club.
The NSW blues are not a club.
So by your logic, NSW is now an AFL state.
If logic is the qualifier IneQuollity............It says you're a dill!!!! Morgan polls should be ignored. Completely! Any idiot that believes the Swans are the best followed club in Sydney and the Storm the best followed in Melbon is logically...................yep...............a dill!!!!!!

All the best pal!!!!!


User avatar
Quolls2019
Captain
Captain
Posts: 777
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:20 pm
Team: North Melbourne
Location: Melbourne
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Re: Rank the Codes in NSW

Post by Quolls2019 »

Terry wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:34 pm
Quolls2019 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:31 pm
pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:55 am The club with the most supporters in Melbourne is the Storm according Roy Morgans latest report. But, But, But.

We already know the most popular club in NSW is the NSW Blues. And the most popular team in Qld are the morons. So I guess this just leaves AFL WA and SA - the National game :(/ :(/ :(/
And according to the Roy Morgan AFL poll The Swans are more than twice as popular than any NSW RL club.
The NSW blues are not a club.
So by your logic, NSW is now an AFL state.
If logic is the qualifier IneQuollity............It says you're a dill!!!! Morgan polls should be ignored. Completely! Any idiot that believes the Swans are the best followed club in Sydney and the Storm the best followed in Melbon is logically...................yep...............a dill!!!!!!

All the best pal!!!!!
Well Chump
Since I was quoting pussycat mark 2 quoting Roy Morgan he must be “dillier” than me…or doesn’t your logic work that far?
As long as you amuse yourself.


There are lies, damn lies and ratings.
truthbomber
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:57 am
Team: Cobar Roosters
Location: The Ord river
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Re: Rank the Codes in NSW

Post by truthbomber »

yea

this morgan poll has never held any weight with me , its just people answering questions with no investment

The Storm are not the most followed team in Vicderpia
The Swines would barely be as popular as Manly ( the states smallest NRL club) in NSW

this is the reality


User avatar
leeroy*NRL*
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5463
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:54 pm
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Location:
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 32 times

Re: Rank the Codes in NSW

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

truthbomber wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:46 am yea

this morgan poll has never held any weight with me , its just people answering questions with no investment

The Storm are not the most followed team in Vicderpia
The Swines would barely be as popular as Manly ( the states smallest NRL club) in NSW

this is the reality
I would prob put Manly fan base ahead of Cronulla.


Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests