NRL convert Israel Folau appears set to retire from Greater

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
justanotherleaguefan
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Newcastle Knights
Been liked: 0

Re: NRL convert Israel Folau appears set to retire from Grea

Post by justanotherleaguefan »

Who the fk is Kurt Tippet though?
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Will it happen though???

And really, we cant take the kiddies and adults for that matter for granted. They will all see through the fickle nature of the AFL org in recruiting an NRL star entirely for marketing purposes rather than for the good of the actual sport. People arent so dumb, well apart from you lot that is :wink: Put yourselves in their shoes. The NRL move into melb with a second side and recruit nick reiwoldt as what the AFL call an 'experiment', but those smarter know as a dodgy marketing ploy to attract gullibles. And then after one season of disappointment after disappointment on the field Reiwoldt heads back to stkilda to play the sport he loves again. As a fan I and everyone else would say "well that was a dumb experiment wasnt it". Why would i say that? Because it is dumb :lol: Oh the truth is givin you turkeys an utter whippin in this thread! :D

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Drac
Coach
Coach
Team: Adelaide Crows

Post by Drac »

lol, a second nRL team in Melbourne could recruit Riewoldt, Judd, Thomas, Ablett, Watson AND Buddy Franklin and still wouldn't have 1/3 the average attendance of the Giants.
Raiderdave wrote:
perception is reality
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon

Post by Xman »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Will it happen though???

And really, we cant take the kiddies and adults for that matter for granted. They will all see through the fickle nature of the AFL org in recruiting an NRL star entirely for marketing purposes rather than for the good of the actual sport. People arent so dumb, well apart from you lot that is :wink: Put yourselves in their shoes. The NRL move into melb with a second side and recruit nick reiwoldt as what the AFL call an 'experiment', but those smarter know as a dodgy marketing ploy to attract gullibles. And then after one season of disappointment after disappointment on the field Reiwoldt heads back to stkilda to play the sport he loves again. As a fan I and everyone else would say "well that was a dumb experiment wasnt it". Why would i say that? Because it is dumb :lol: Oh the truth is givin you turkeys an utter whippin in this thread! :D
Yes recruiting Falou did little to turn RL fans in to AFL fans. But it certainly created media interest and resulted in the giants appearing in the news many many more times than if he wasnt there. That was the purpose. :wink:

Truth hurts aye? :wink:
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Appearing in the news many times.... wow....fantastic...but did this actually have any positive outcomes bar a couple a hundred folks going to the game to watch some dudd in number four make a fool of himself and ultimately giving up on the game? :lol: Ohhhh this thread is awesome. Keep trying Xman, keep stickin your balls out there for all to kick. :lol:

xman wrote:
piesman2011
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood

Post by piesman2011 »

justanotherleaguefan wrote:
Who the fk is Kurt Tippet though?

A big profile AFL player I would say similar profile to Israel Falou in AFL circles who plays for Adelaide. He comes originally from the Gold Coast but wanted to play for Sydney Swans next year, but couldnt get the deal done a few weeks ago for a trade due to issues with a dodgy clause in his contract. GWS would be in the prime position to pick him up if he doesnt get deregisted (dont ask).
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Appearing in the news many times.... wow....fantastic...but did this actually have any positive outcomes bar a couple a hundred folks going to the game to watch some dudd in number four make a fool of himself and ultimately giving up on the game? :lol: Ohhhh this thread is awesome. Keep trying Xman, keep stickin your balls out there for all to kick. :lol:
Falou's lack of success as a footballer was secondary to the attention his signing provided. This was valuable attention at a critical time that was worth more than his salary. Sorry pal, no denying this [-X
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Correct me if I'm wrong but I recall the AFL and GWS coming out guns blazing that Izzy Falou would be a great contribution, in time, as a player. I dont recall the AFL nor GWS saying this is, as you suggest Xman, 'solely for marketing purposes...The AFL 'experiment' failed = "Valuable attention" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keep it comin Xman, this is a hoot! :_<>

xman wrote:
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but I recall the AFL and GWS coming out guns blazing that Izzy Falou would be a great contribution, in time, as a player. I dont recall the AFL nor GWS saying this is, as you suggest Xman, 'solely for marketing purposes...The AFL 'experiment' failed = "Valuable attention" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keep it comin Xman, this is a hoot! :_<>
So wait, they recruited a player and boasted about his talents....do tell.... :-k :lol:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Yeah, thats what i said Xman :roll: . It's so clear you're copping a thorough whippin and dont have the character to admit the experiment failed in this thread. There's no need to even respond directly to your comments. :lol: But please continue saying it all went well :lol:

xman wrote:
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Yeah, thats what i said Xman :roll: . It's so clear you're copping a thorough whippin and dont have the character to admit the experiment failed in this thread. There's no need to even respond directly to your comments. :lol: But please continue saying it all went well :lol:
So you expected them to say they recruited him for marketing but think he's a dud and won't make it?

How gullible are you!? #-o
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

:lol: Ahh the AFL organisation. Their seedy underbelly open for all to see. Thanks Xman! And thanks Izzy!! :lol:

xman wrote:
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

Stewie wrote:
Drac wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:
Yes pies I agree. I mean we can all see the marketing ploy had some cred, initially. Then when the player who single handedly sold 72% of guernseys in 2012 turns out to be a dudd and decides to high tail it outta there to RL after one season we can all, well those of us with developed brains (pick up yer game Xman :lol: ), see that the move was a complete and utter flop. Bad management and decision making by the head honchos down at AFL HQ...yet again. To be objective though we must acknowledge the attendance culture in the AFL, its quite awesome...but then again the current head honchos down at AFL HQ have simply walked into this, they've done diddly squat to improve things, just lip service here and lip service there whilst making woeful decisions on matters such as tanking, expansion, and racism. [-X
Izzy laid the groundwork for the number 4 guernsey, and did a fantastic job of getting them sold. If GWS were smart they'd recruit a star and have him wear the number 4 to not only make sure all of those sales didn't go to waste, but instantly make that new recruit popular with the thousands of kids that already owned the #4 guernsey. If only, if only a star forward like Kurt Tippett wore the number 4...

Problem solved! :cool:
problem solved ? 8-[
hmmmmmmm :-k
yes ..... a household name in the numb 4 singlet

or
a complete neville

the delusion of flogballers ... has no bounds :lol: :lol: :lol:
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

I dont even know who this tupplett guy is. And I'm what most would call a marngrook supporting sydneyite. A looooooong way to go for the AFL in sydney, that's the facts.

xman wrote:
Stewie
Coach
Coach
Team: Port Adelaide Football Club

Post by Stewie »

King-Eliagh wrote:
I dont even know who this tupplett guy is. And I'm what most would call a marngrook supporting sydneyite. A looooooong way to go for the AFL in sydney, that's the facts.
Yep, you know who he is! Once the nRL tards start making childish names for people they don't like (see their long list of weird and wacky names for Sheedy, Demetriou etc) you know the nRL tards know them and have probably done an extensive background search on them. Ahh the things they do when they fear something. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Raiderdave wrote:

7K is a tremendous turnout