finals crowds for week 1

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
pHyR3
Captain
Captain
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 0

Re: finals crowds for week 1

Post by pHyR3 »

NlolRL wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
NlolRL wrote:
23k for the roosters v panthers. 25k for the two QLD teams. Wow, 74k from 3 games with the storm to go, so I think we can safely say the NRL finals week1 will be well below double the AFLs week 1 tally. Miles below in fact
with approx. half the numb of seats available for the NRL finals
wow
that's surprising eh

:-k

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :(/ :(/ :(/ :_<> :_<> :lol: :lol:
fumblers
dumbest chunts on the planet :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
this is the dumbest post on the forum by a long way.

how the hell can seats available be ANY excuse for 4 finals games averaging less than 25k when two games were in half empty stadiums? :?>

:(/ :(/
because they jacked up prices in Townsville and still comfortably sold it out at 25k. If it was a 40k stadium then you'd probably see a few empty seats once they dropped prices back to normal.
NRLCrap1 wrote:
Ignorant goose. International AFL is big and don't you forget it!
NRLCrap1 wrote:
Crowds don't mean squat.
the stupidity....

NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

pHyR3 wrote:
NlolRL wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
NlolRL wrote:
23k for the roosters v panthers. 25k for the two QLD teams. Wow, 74k from 3 games with the storm to go, so I think we can safely say the NRL finals week1 will be well below double the AFLs week 1 tally. Miles below in fact
wow
that's surprising eh

fumblers

how the hell can seats available be ANY excuse for 4 finals games averaging less than 25k when two games were in half empty stadiums? :?>

because they jacked up prices in Townsville and still comfortably sold it out at 25k. If it was a 40k stadium then you'd probably see a few empty seats once they dropped prices back to normal.
So what? Two finals in Sydney were half empty. The Dockers final was sold out within hours of going on sale
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

pHyR3 wrote:
NlolRL wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
NlolRL wrote:
wow
that's surprising eh

fumblers

its finals, both codes put the prices of tickets up
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

The_Wookie wrote:
heres what i dont understand, how does a crowd in fucking Townsville almost beat every NRL final played in Sydney and Melbourne on the weekend. (outright beat Saturday arvo, just short by a couple of hundred on Friday)
because there isn't much else to do up there
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Townsville needs a new stadium, they have been pretty loyal fans over the years from N Qld, seem to be slipping a little lately because of the shitty old ground.

I don't know why some clubs don't take stands and stuff from old grounds and erect them at their own grounds if they are just going to demolish them.

An old RL club in England called Featherstone Rovers (smallest town/village in England to have a pro team in any sport) couldn't get money to do up their ground (they own it) for all sorts of reasons from how small the town is to whatever excuse you can imagine. They just slowly went about their business over the years getting a stand from one old stadium to another old stadium from the other side of the country, it doesn't all match up in coulours and stuff and it still looks like an old outdated ramshackle, but it's theirs and it qualifies them to make the SL when and if they can get promotion via winning.

I have never understood why a place like Manly out here can't do the same thing.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=feat ... rs+stadium

That's a way to tell people who never wanted you, you'll never be big enough or good enough blah blah blah you haven't got a ground blah blah blah to go, just get out there and do it, if it don't look pretty, you can bet the fans and players will slap a coat of paint on it.
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
Drac
Coach
Coach
Team: Adelaide Crows

Post by Drac »

Raiderdave wrote:
NRL finals crowds tracking to be about 25,000 up on week 1 last year, stand & applaud folks
stand & applaud =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

this means NRL crowds are up already for 2014
with the potential now for a Roosters V Souths prelim final in week 3 at ANZ stadium
could get 80,000 to that :wink:
we will destroy last years total finals crowds & last years overall total as well :\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\:
Do you think that maybe, just maybe, the reason they're up on last year is that 2013 featured a double-header final and this year didn't?

In any case, the biggest crowd in week 1 of the nRL finals was still 10,000 smaller than the smallest crowd from week 1 of the AFL finals. Mull that over. I wonder if the same can be said of week 2? Our smallest crowd was 42k, you're in with a chance :lol:
Raiderdave wrote:
perception is reality
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

Drac wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
NRL finals crowds tracking to be about 25,000 up on week 1 last year, stand & applaud folks

with the potential now for a Roosters V Souths prelim final in week 3 at ANZ stadium
we will destroy last years total finals crowds & last years overall total as well :\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\:
Do you think that maybe, just maybe, the reason they're up on last year is that 2013 featured a double-header final and this year didn't?

In any case, the biggest crowd in week 1 of the nRL finals was still 10,000 smaller than the smallest crowd from week 1 of the AFL finals. Mull that over. I wonder if the same can be said of week 2? Our smallest crowd was 42k, you're in with a chance :lol:
well shit for brains
theres a perfect little storm brewing for the NRL after some of the shock results over the weekend

Souths & the Roosters look like they could/should now meet in the prelim final
meaning it will be the biggest prelim final crowd of either code in the vicinity of 80,000 fans ...& so potentially bigger then ANY derpball finals crowd outside the GF in 2014
If the Dogs beat the Eagles this weekend they'll play the Panthers at ANZ in the 2nd prelim final & they'll be another 50,000 plus crowd there too

if the cards fall into place
the NRL will have its biggest finals aggregate attendance in NSWRL/ARL/NRL history
& its biggest average finals attendance since 1972
so how bout ya mull over that &
I'd suggest you give the pulling a rest .. & put yr tiny pecker back in yr pants
cos the NRL's doin just fine for finals crowds this year
just fine :cool:
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Lol ^^^^
Veni, vidi, vici
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Fred wrote:
Lol ^^^^

lol
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Raiderdave wrote:
Drac wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:

well shit for brains
theres a perfect little storm brewing for the NRL after some of the shock results over the weekend

meaning it will be the biggest prelim final crowd of either code in the vicinity of 80,000 fans ...& so potentially bigger then ANY derpball finals crowd outside the GF in 2014
If the Dogs beat the Eagles this weekend they'll play the Panthers at ANZ in the 2nd prelim final & they'll be another 50,000 plus crowd there too

the NRL will have its biggest finals aggregate attendance in NSWRL/ARL/NRL history
I'd suggest you give the pulling a rest .. & put yr tiny pecker back in yr pants
if, could, maybe, sometime,

you have a sad sad life
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

NlolRL wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Drac wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:

well shit for brains

if, could, maybe, sometime,

you have a sad sad life

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :(/ :(/ :(/ :_<> :_<> :_<>
nawwwwww

did waider make you look like a dumb ***** .... again

thread fail alert :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :(/ :(/ :(/ :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<>
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

well i rightly predicted the NRL wouldnt get even half the total the AFL got in finals week one, say thats a no