2006 AFL & NRL Tipping Competitions

For all the latest forum/site updates, suggestions and news.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

2006 AFL & NRL Tipping Competitions

Post by Beaussie »

Tipping Competitions have now been established once again for the AFL and NRL in 2006.

Click on the link beneath the advertisement at the top of the page to enter the competitions.

Prize money will once again be offer.

Good luck.
Last edited by Beaussie on Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pickles
Seniors
Seniors
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Pickles »

top stuff BA...they must have released it then i take it?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Yeah and saves having to pay for the tipping software like last year. :cool:

Are you guys running a comp at AFL-Online? If not, would you mind me or yourself giving this tipping comp here a plug over there?
Pickles
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by Pickles »

we are just doing one on oztips.com or whatever...dont plan to have prize money as we will be broke as we will need to pay for hosting at the same time.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Oh ok, still if you don't mind giving this comp with prize money a plug that'd be great. Actually don't worry I'll make the post over there.
Pickles
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by Pickles »

hey for the footy comp once i enter my tips can i change them b4 the round closes because i dont think i can :(
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Unfortunately this current mod does not yet allow for the changing of tips unless... I could I suppose go into the database and manually change them, but I haven't exactly worked that out just yet. I'll let you know once I've worked it out. :wink:

The guy who made this mod does intend on including the option for one to change their tips in the next mod release. A release date however is not yet known. Depends how busy he is I suppose. Once again, I'll keep you posted.
Pickles
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by Pickles »

ok well if you could like reset my tips that would be good because u would like to start when it gets closer to season start.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Yeah I see your point.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

pickles wrote:
ok well if you could like reset my tips that would be good because u would like to start when it gets closer to season start.
I've reset your tips. Check it out by entering the footy tipping page and let me know if it allows you to re-enter them for Round 1. Don't enter your tips yet, just let me know if it is now providing you the option to start again. I think I've done it correctly. [-o<

If all looks right, which I'm assuming is the case based on what the mod author has told me, you'll now be able to enter your tips closer to the season start. :wink:
Pickles
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by Pickles »

yep that works...thanks mate
crocodileman

Re: 2006 AFL & NRL Tipping Competitions

Post by crocodileman »

Beaussie wrote:
Tipping Competitions have now been established once again for the AFL and NRL in 2006.

Click on the link beneath the advertisement at the top of the page to enter the competitions.

Good luck.
Exactly what is the breakdown of prizemoney for the competition Beaussie?

Shouldn't it be clear and obvious to all entrants/potential entrants before the competition begins?

Some members can recall the shambles of 2005 in this regard and the embarassment and harm it caused the site - even polls of members suggested it was a "dodgy" competition at best!!
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

crocodileman wrote:
Beaussie wrote:

Good luck.

Shouldn't it be clear and obvious to all entrants/potential entrants before the competition begins?
Well that all depends on how many are entered. The NRL comp is particularly problematic if last years numbers are repeated. Whilst there will be prizes, I'm not sure of what yet. Hopefully numbers for that comp pick up and the same prizes as last season can be offered.

Meanwhile, the AFL comp prize money will be the same as last season.
crocodileman wrote:
Some members can recall the shambles of 2005 in this regard and the embarassment and harm it caused the site - even polls of members suggested it was a "dodgy" competition at best!!
What shambles? Ask your brother, Pickles or any of the other winners from last season if they had any problems getting their prizemoney. :roll:

You're just a bitter old man Croc.
crocodileman

Post by crocodileman »

Beaussie wrote:
crocodileman wrote:
Beaussie wrote:

Good luck.

Well that all depends on how many are entered. The NRL comp is particularly problematic if last years numbers are repeated. Whilst there will be prizes, I'm not sure of what yet. Hopefully numbers for that comp pick up and the same prizes as last season can be offered.

Meanwhile, the AFL comp prize money will be the same as last season.
crocodileman wrote:
What shambles? Ask your brother, Pickles or any of the other winners from last season if they had any problems getting their prizemoney. :roll:

You're just a bitter old man Croc.
1. Hold on Beaussie, when this thread was posted you said that "prizemoney" was on offer and now you're saying "prizes" will be on offer in the NRL competition.

There is a difference. Which one is it - prizeMONEY or prizes?

2. What difference does the issue of how many tipsters join the competition have to do with the prizemoney on offer? It is a free competition to join so it's not as if money is needed from entrants to use towards the prize pool. Post how much prizemoney is being offered based on current numbers in the competition.

3. You haven't answered my question about whether the prizemoney on offer to winners should be published prior to the competition commencing. Care to answer that?

I thought you studied law - prizes, terms and conditions need to be established and made clear PRIOR to the start of any competition. Common sense really!

4. I'd happily ask all the winners from last year's competition about whether they were paid - could you please do me a favour and just re-list the winners here as I cannot see the link to last year's results in the tipping competition software.

I do suspect, however, that they were all not paid! Some, including Big Tommy, have started threads in this very forum suggesting you didn't pay them on time (e.g. see the thread "Where's Beaussie?") I also refer to a poll conducted in which most respondents suggested the competition was not "above board."

With this in mind, surely you would think that it would be necessary to allay similar fears this year and put all the prizemoney details on this site BEFORE the competition begins? Just a thought, that's all!

5. Am I that old? Probably, if you compare me to many of your "new" confidantes - 14 year old schoolboys who are still wet behind the ears.
:wink:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

1. Prizemoney

2. Wasn't sure it was worth offering prizemoney if only 10 or so people participate. Happy to report the numbers have been picking up for the NRL tipping comp though so as was the answer to question one, prizemoney, same as last season for the Top 3 tippers (split if more than one winner). :wink:

3. Just addressed that.

4. You do that, your brother himself will surely confirm that he got his prizemoney on time without any hassle. Pickles and the other winners from last season could also confirm this fact.

You're the only one trying to make an issue from nothing.

5. Yes you are that old. Nevermind, plenty of life experience eh, even if you are a continual whinger. :P
Last edited by Beaussie on Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.