Pick the Margin

For all the latest forum/site updates, suggestions and news.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Pick the Margin

Post by Beaussie »

I just noticed this week in the NRL tipping comp that when one tips the correct margin in the tipping comps, a bonus point is awarded. As you'll see Barbie has scored 4 (2 correct tips + bonus point for both tips being correct + bonus point for predicting the winning margin).

http://www.footytipping.net.au/cgi-bin/ ... ippers.cgi

I had been under the impression that the margins would be added up and at the end of the comp, the smallest margin of error would determine a winner in the case of a tie. Well that's how other tipping comps I've been in have determined the final outcome.

Anyway, all this means that various scenarios/winners can result in the coming weeks in the NRL and AFL tipping comps. Looking at the leads already established in the AFL tipping comp, it is impossible for the 1st and 2nd positions to change but 3rd is still open.

Big Tommy it seems you're far from being the winner of the NRL tipping comp. Although, I will admit you do have a handy lead. Still, you had an absolute shocker this week. Hopefully that is the case again next week and the week after. That being the case, I would win and you get $50 not $175. :twisted:
big tommy
Rookie
Rookie
Team:
Been liked: 0

Post by big tommy »

Nice try Beaussie - but the bonus point for the correct margin or even tipping the "round" has never been in the guidelines for this comp. For instance, in one of the rounds impacted by State of Origin there was only six games and I got them all correct - but did not receive 7 points.

Further, what is a "round" - 2 semi finals on one weekend or even the GF by itself? i think not.

I think you need to look at the "paper" trail that you have broadcast in relation to the NRL comp. People have entered this in good faith with the known terms and conditions. If saving yourself $175 is that important to you, i'll happily renounce any claim I have to any monies from the comp, but it will come at a price for you in other areas!
The Mighty Lions will Come Back to Life in 2006
crocodileman
Has thanked: 0

Post by crocodileman »

Semi Finals are not a "round" Beaussie - there were only 26 rounds in the competition.

The terms of conditions were clear to most of us - just not you!! By the way, I renounced my desire to accept any money (as did my wife - MG) after Round 1 of the competitions because I thought you were a decent bloke. How the fuck do you think you're going to pull this one off and still have people wanting to post in here?

For fuck sake - I cannot believe how much damage you are prepared to do to this site to save yourself a few bucks!!
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

big tommy wrote:
Nice try Beaussie - but the bonus point for the correct margin or even tipping the "round" has never been in the guidelines for this comp. For instance, in one of the rounds impacted by State of Origin there was only six games and I got them all correct - but did not receive 7 points.
The correct margin bonus point was always in place. In fact you'll probably find you and others have benefited from it. Until you can prove the opposite you've got nothing to complain about.
big tommy wrote:
Further, what is a "round" - 2 semi finals on one weekend or even the GF by itself? i think not.
Huh, as has been explained, one is rewarded a bonus point for getting the correct tips and an extra bonus point for the correct margin. How hard is that for you to comprehend? :roll:
big tommy wrote:
I think you need to look at the "paper" trail that you have broadcast in relation to the NRL comp. People have entered this in good faith with the known terms and conditions. If saving yourself $175 is that important to you, i'll happily renounce any claim I have to any monies from the comp, but it will come at a price for you in other areas!
What paper trail. Go on show me what you're whinning about now. If you should win I'll have no problem giving you the prize money. Anyone would think you've already lost.
big tommy
Rookie
Rookie
Team:

Post by big tommy »

Fuck you yourself said in another post just the other day that you weren't aware the correct margin gave you a bonus point. The paper trail I'm talking about is every thread that has been posted about the NRL tipping comp under this section.

Proof!!!! Proof of what? That I didn't get a bonus point from getting 6 from 6 for the State of Origin round? How about my total score of 113 points at the completion of the rounds being the same as my total score in other tipping comps that I'm involved in which don't play a bonus point for tipping the round. Is that proof?

Even if I have been stupid or have missed something in the guidelines and not recognising that this was the case - surely you can see how stupid it is for getting a bonus point for tipping 2 from 2 or even a bonus point for tipping the winner of the GF. Indeed you have stated you'll check with the company running the tipping software.

Don't be a soft cock and hide behind another's skirt - there has never been an acceptance that this was the case, let alone for aftet the "rounds" had finished. This smacks of desperation and you want to talk about karma - well this is placing a lot of the negative shit around your head.

You do need help!
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

big tommy wrote:
f*** you yourself said in another post just the other day that you weren't aware the correct margin gave you a bonus point. The paper trail I'm talking about is every thread that has been posted about the NRL tipping comp under this section.
Just because I wasn't aware of it didn't mean that it wasn't in action the whole time should someone tip the correct margin. It only came to my attention on the weekend when I noticed Barbie had scored 4 and I wondered how that could be. Upon looking into the software it was clear that the pick the margin option had always had a bonus point attached to it. This would not have even been an issue had Barbie not tipped the right margin. We would of been none the wiser. In any case that is how the tipping comp has been running since the pick the margin option was added. From looking at the reports, no one other than Barbie has benefitted from it so what is the problem? You're going on as if I've somehow taking the lead from you with the assistance of the bonus point. That hasn't happened. How stupid are you?
big tommy wrote:
Proof!!!! Proof of what? That I didn't get a bonus point from getting 6 from 6 for the State of Origin round? How about my total score of 113 points at the completion of the rounds being the same as my total score in other tipping comps that I'm involved in which don't play a bonus point for tipping the round. Is that proof?
So tell me what round this is you're talking about. Let's have a look at it eh. I can't see where you've tipped an entire round correct and hence were deserving of a bonus point.
big tommy wrote:
Even if I have been stupid or have missed something in the guidelines and not recognising that this was the case - surely you can see how stupid it is for getting a bonus point for tipping 2 from 2 or even a bonus point for tipping the winner of the GF. Indeed you have stated you'll check with the company running the tipping software.

Don't be a soft cock and hide behind another's skirt - there has never been an acceptance that this was the case, let alone for aftet the "rounds" had finished. This smacks of desperation and you want to talk about karma - well this is placing a lot of the negative shit around your head.

You do need help!
Don't whinge just because you got no tips correct on the weekend. I've no doubt that had you been smarter with your tips and got both results correct, you'd have no problem with gaining an extra bonus point. And had you tipped the correct margin you'd now be boasting that there is no way you could lose. :roll:

Whinging about the conditions of the tipping comp that have been in place all along will get you nowhere.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Still waiting Tommy. Comon, show us all why you have reason to complain. Pick a round, any round where you've been short changed. :roll:
crocodileman

Post by crocodileman »

Beaussie - please refer to the poll result about this tipping contest. Your credibility as the site administrator has gone! You've only short changed yourself in all this.
The members are voting and they smell the vile odour of filth and desperation and your hellbent refusal to cough up with money.

People like you shouldn't gamble because it will inevitably get ugly when the losses start mounting.

Disgraceful!
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

What, you mean the same poll that your entire family has voted in the negative in? Yeah real credible that one. :roll:
crocodileman

Post by crocodileman »

Hold on, you said it was me in drag a few posts ago - now you're acknowledging that they are in fact, real people!
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

You were just using you wife's account. How could she possibly vote, she's down the bank reporting me isn't she? #-o
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

big tommy wrote:
Comon Tommy, I'm still waiting mate. Where is this link that shows you missed out on a bonus point? Not talking more unsubstantiated shit again are we? :roll:
big tommy
Rookie
Rookie
Team:

Post by big tommy »

Here's a question for you Beaussie? Whose footy tipping comps are these? Talking Footy's or some software company?

Don't we set the rules for how we want them run? Isn't it a farce the owner of the site saying with only 2 weeks of a competition to go that he wasn't aware of the point scoring system?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Please address your first complaint to which I've asked for clarification first. Perhaps then we can move to your next questions. You've spent all day attacking my character with ridiculous suggestions that I've somehow dudded not only you, but other tippers in the comp.

Until you can prove that is indeed the case, you have no credibility to debate the tipping comp rules and awards. So how about it, you going to show us in the reports where you were dudded a bonus point? You know for a fact that you've been talking shit all day in a pathetic attempt to discredit me. You've failed big time sunshine and everyone reading these boards knows just that.
crocodileman

Post by crocodileman »

How can the administrator of the site NOT know the rules of the competition? It beggars belief.

Beaussie's claim that the software company controls this competition and that he and this site are only participants in it is a lie. Beausie has already changed the rules in this competition midway through the season because the competition leaders weren't to his liking. Do you deny this Beaussie?

I remember that this occurred after about round 6 or 7 of the competition Beaussie also tried to change the rules (and ultimately did!) when he was concerned that people not tipping were getting more points than those actually tipping (based on scores for away teams).

Beaussie then vowed to change the results and rules, which he did, and which ultimately DID disadvantage me because I had not tipped and the readjusted scores saw me lose points.

When I complained Beaussie amended them again and said that the new rules would apply from next week. This was another example of Beaussie manipulating the competitions because he didn't want a non-tipper to receive the monies available.

To now claim that it's all done through the software company and he has no control over it is a fucking lie!

Beaussie, YOU control the competition. YOU have the ability to amend rules. YOU have the ability to amend results. YOU have amended results. YOU have changed rules halfway through the competition. YOU have lied in this!