Sydney Swans - Pride of the State

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Sydney Swans - Pride of the State

Post by Beaussie »

Daily Telegraph wrote:
Pride of the State
By TIM MORRISSEY
September 16, 2005
http://www.dailytelegraph.news.com.au/s ... 21,00.html

THE pride of Sydney begin their battle against interstate rivals on two sporting fronts, starting tonight.

Up first will be the Sydney Swans led by skipper Barry Hall, taking on St Kilda at the MCG at 8pm for a place in next week's 2005 AFL Grand Final.

The Swans have left Harbour City fans in a frenzy this week with their quest to win their first flag since 1933

Gotta love the Daily Telegraph, move aside rugby league the real footy is on.
Scorger Man
Reserves
Reserves
Team: Richmond Tigers
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Scorger Man »

It's funny what a cut and paste can do. There is actually more to that article and if one was to count words, there was actually more written about the NRL match between the Tigers and the Broncs.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Typical that the NRL and Wests Tigers would try and latch onto the Swans coat tails. :roll:

The buzz in Sydney atm is the Swans not the Tigers. Deal with it Scorger.
Scorger Man
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Scorger Man »

Beaussie wrote:
Typical that the NRL and Wests Tigers would try and latch onto the Swans coat tails. :roll:

The only reason that the Swans were first on this article was that they play tonight and the West Tigers play on Sunday. It wouldn't have been flowing journalism if it started with the Sunday match then reverted back to tonights game. The article isn't about the swans, it is about the 2 sydney teams that are competing their respective finals this weekend.

You can look at it in anyway you wish Beaussie, like I could look at the cover of the Main Game lift out and notice the West Tigers are on top :cool:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Scorger Man wrote:
Beaussie wrote:

The only reason that the Swans were first on this article was that they play tonight and the West Tigers play on Sunday. It wouldn't have been flowing journalism if it started with the Sunday match then reverted back to tonights game. The article isn't about the swans, it is about the 2 sydney teams that are competing their respective finals this weekend.

You can look at it in anyway you wish Beaussie, like I could look at the cover of the Main Game lift out and notice the West Tigers are on top :cool:
The front and back pages have the Swans as well as the cover of Main Game. I think that says it all really. Tell me Scorger, how are the ticket sales going for the Wests Tigers vs Brisbane game on Sunday? Expecting more than the pitiful 25,000 last week? :lol:
Scorger Man
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Scorger Man »

That's fine beausssie, of cause it's a big thing. A sydney team has never won a VFL/AFL premiership. The last time a sydney team won a NSWRL/ARL/NRL grandfinal was...mmm....let me think....ohh that's right, last year, and the year before that, and the year before that....
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Yes very well said stuff in here scorger. You've nailed beaussie down and exposed his propaganda and bias. I mean just look at the title of this thread!!! And then he puts up a pic with swans and the tigers :lol:

Beaussie if i had a clitoris in my brain i'd give you a negative karma point for sure! :lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?