Crowds for NRL on the rise in Melbourne - LOL

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Crowds for NRL on the rise in Melbourne - LOL

Post by Beaussie »

Yes that's right, the Top 8 Melbourne Storm have increased their average home crowds by 10:

2004 - 8,887
2005 - 8,897

Source: http://stats.rleague.com/rl/crowds/melbourne.html

10 new fans. Gees the future looks bright for the NRL in Victoria. :_<>
MAKAVELI
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by MAKAVELI »

Shit that is a disgrace. I dont know why news keep pumping money into that stupid team.

Maybe when they get that new stadiums for the soccer team it will eb better. If they last that long...
dr nick
Team:

Post by dr nick »

Sub 8,000 Crowds in 2005:
---------------------------
7,898 - Melbourne v Warriors
7,842 - Roosters v Sharks
7,707 - Souths v Sharks
7,707 - Melbourne v Penrith
7,590 - Melbourne v St George
7,414 - Melbourne v Bulldogs
6,984 - Melbourne v Souths
6,574 - Melbourne v Souths
6,195 - Warriors v Souths
6,053 - Melbourne v Canberra
dr nick
Team:

Post by dr nick »

MAKAVELI wrote:
Shit that is a disgrace. I dont know why news keep pumping money into that stupid team.

Maybe when they get that new stadiums for the soccer team it will eb better. If they last that long...
Their move to Telstra Dome shortly after their 1999 Gtand Final win was a disaster. Looked pretty bad too in a stadium that holds upwards of 50,000
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

dr nick wrote:
MAKAVELI wrote:

Their move to Telstra Dome shortly after their 1999 Gtand Final win was a disaster. Looked pretty bad too in a stadium that holds upwards of 50,000
It makes you wonder if the new boutique stadium for the Storm will actually bring new fans. I doubt it considering the disaster that was Melbourne Storm home games at the Telstra Dome. Despite what leaguies will tell you, I think the new stadium being built in Melbourne has come about more so because of the Melbourne Victory in the new A-League. Demand clearly isn't there and in fact hasn't even been there for the Storm to get a new stadium.
MCG
Team:

Post by MCG »

MAKAVELI wrote:

Why they keep pumping money into the Storm because it is one of the best teams in the NRL :arrow: I dont no whats more or a disgrace your gammer or The STorm well at least The STorm is good! :roll: