zero round continues to be lambasted internally

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
azif
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Albury Thunder
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 5 times

zero round continues to be lambasted internally

Post by azif »

afl stakeholders who are not code fanboys , koolaid sippers & won't cop the rubbish excuses from the afl as to why the draw has been seriously compromised for a very flat & unconvincing result

was it worth it ?
hardly
the afl looks foolish

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/afl-chris-s ... tNsL3OVPjE
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Re: zero round continues to be lambasted internally

Post by Quolls2019 »

azif wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:03 am
afl stakeholders who are not code fanboys , koolaid sippers & won't cop the rubbish excuses from the afl as to why the draw has been seriously compromised for a very flat & unconvincing result

was it worth it ?
hardly
the afl looks foolish

Only by fools.
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
WookieReturns
Captain
Captain
Team: Carlton
Been liked: 98 times

Post by WookieReturns »

was it worth it ?
hardly
the afl looks foolish

Did you read the article? Even the guy in the article says round zero was probably worth it lol. And this guy is notorious for whinging about shit
"Of course it does but like with a lot of these things, is the juice worth the squeeze? In this case it probably is," Scott said on Fox Footy on Monday night. "Let's just be honest. Of course it compromises it, but it might be worth it."
These users liked the author WookieReturns for the post:
Beaussie (Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:19 am)
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

was it worth it ?
hardly
the afl looks foolish

I watched that interview and just read the article - I don't think he was criticising the concept - he was just pointing out that it does compromise the fixture - which he said he did not have a problem with - as is compromised in other ways - was just stating that let's not pretend it isn't compromised - acknowledge it and simply state it was worth doing for the benefits gained. That was my take anyway.

In saying that - I have seen complaints from several melbourne based people about feeling left out - that it doesn't feel like the footy had started from their perspective as nothing on in Melbourne.
Veni, vidi, vici
azif
Seniors
Seniors

Post by azif »

Fred wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:54 am

was it worth it ?
hardly
the afl looks foolish

I watched that interview and just read the article - I don't think he was criticising the concept - he was just pointing out that it does compromise the fixture - which he said he did not have a problem with - as is compromised in other ways - was just stating that let's not pretend it isn't compromised - acknowledge it and simply state it was worth doing for the benefits gained. That was my take anyway.

In saying that - I have seen complaints from several melbourne based people about feeling left out - that it doesn't feel like the footy had started from their perspective as nothing on in Melbourne.
he said it compromises the draw , & that is a criticism joining a chorus of others who believe this concept is.... utterly ridiculous
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

azif wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:30 pm

was it worth it ?
hardly
the afl looks foolish

he said it compromises the draw , & that is a criticism joining a chorus of others who believe this concept is.... utterly ridiculous
From what I got from it was that if he was being critical it was more toward the AFL for pretending that it was not a compromise - to just acknowledge it is but a worthwhile one - he didn't see there being an issue with the draw being compromised I felt - just don't presend that it isn't.
Veni, vidi, vici
azif
Seniors
Seniors

Post by azif »

Fred wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:24 pm

From what I got from it was that if he was being critical it was more toward the AFL for pretending that it was not a compromise - to just acknowledge it is but a worthwhile one - he didn't see there being an issue with the draw being compromised I felt - just don't presend that it isn't.
he was saying its a dud
he & many others
they're right
it is
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

azif wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:30 pm
Fred wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:24 pm

he was saying its a dud
he & many others
they're right
it is
I must have missed when he said that - but agree, there have been the critics with the biggest one being maybe they could have had a game on the Sunday as well - possibly in Melbourne. Of course, this is a very melbourne centric approach and no mention of Adelaide or Perth.
Veni, vidi, vici