Rugby League news and discussion.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Ground Dimensions - Las Vegas

Post by Fred »

I was wondering what the NRL followers here thought re: the thinner ground - did it make for a better game to watch or detract from it - or was it much of a muchness? For me, not a big viewer of NRL apart from when Storm arte playing (as long as no Pies or Suns game on) I found the Las Vegas game much more enjoyable - the game seemed to be always "on" and fast paced - although am aware in both AFL and NRL you get some great games and not so great games so was wondering did the thinner ground contribute to a more fast paced and exciting game?
Veni, vidi, vici
azif
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Albury Thunder
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Ground Dimensions - Las Vegas

Post by azif »

Fred wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:16 pm
I was wondering what the NRL followers here thought re: the thinner ground - did it make for a better game to watch or detract from it - or was it much of a muchness? For me, not a big viewer of NRL apart from when Storm arte playing (as long as no Pies or Suns game on) I found the Las Vegas game much more enjoyable - the game seemed to be always "on" and fast paced - although am aware in both AFL and NRL you get some great games and not so great games so was wondering did the thinner ground contribute to a more fast paced and exciting game?
I'll admit ...
this did concern me going in , each line marking was 9.4 metres not 10 & the 2 ingoals only 5 metres not 7 the width of the field 65m not 68,
the teams indicated they'd bash it up the centre with less room on the edges & the with the defences technically closer because of the 9.4 m
I thought that might nullify some of the attack & we might get a slog fest with 2 points on the line ..

I need not have worried , both teams in both games just went for it , went at each other .. no holes barred attack , brutal defence
while I don't think they were the fastest games ive seen , they were quick for the opening round & the error rate , for teams that have pretty much no football since september last year was exceptional.