Americans don’t give a rat’s ass about the NRL

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
azif
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Albury Thunder
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Americans don’t give a rat’s ass about the NRL

Post by azif »

Terry wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:44 pm
The spiralling meltdown of the fumblers on this thread is a boootifoooool thing to see lolololoolololololol!!!!!! They've been frog marched outta NZ and China in recent years and are having a breakdown about the NRL's magnificent success in the good 'ol US of A!!!

Well done Rugby League. Well done Peter The Great!!!!

And all the best to the fumbling Ginats with their game at the showground for livestock this week lolololololol!!!!!! Let's hope the players can avoid stepping in the dung left behind lololololol!!!! It's truly going to be a stinky shitty day out lolololol!!!
:lol: :lol: :rofl: :(/
to the midgets & .... whoever they're playing this weekend at homebush

i say

moooooooooooooooooo

mmmooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

:(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :rofl: :rofl: :lol: :lol:
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

The spiralling meltdown of the fumblers on this thread is a boootifoooool thing to see lolololoolololololol!!!!!! They've been frog marched outta NZ and China in recent years and are having a breakdown about the NRL's magnificent success in the good 'ol US of A!!!

And all the best to the fumbling Ginats with their game at the showground for livestock this week lolololololol!!!!!! Let's hope the players can avoid stepping in the dung left behind lololololol!!!! It's truly going to be a stinky shitty day out lolololol!!!

I didn’t think my responses qualified as a melt down? I thought they were quite positive. I enjoyed the first game in particular - thought it was really good to watch and stated it was a great vibe that came through the TV. A job well done by the NRL I thought.
Veni, vidi, vici
azif
Seniors
Seniors

Post by azif »

Fred wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:42 pm

I didn’t think my responses qualified as a melt down? I thought they were quite positive. I enjoyed the first game in particular - thought it was really good to watch and stated it was a great vibe that came through the TV. A job well done by the NRL I thought.
i think terry was talking about other fumblers fred , not you
yes , you were honest about your enjoyment of the event , & even if you were a bit jealous & wished it was the afl there instead , you didn't rain on the parade
kudos to you
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:42 pm

My beautiful post wasn't directed at you Fred. It was more beatup and Skip the dill. You have been very sensible of late pal. Good work and keep it up.
Skippy Steve
Reserves
Reserves
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 10 times

Post by Skippy Steve »

Channel 9 and Fox 1 interviewed many fans at the games, and they were all Aussies except one guy lol. You would think that they would have been asking Americans what they thought of Thugby?
azif
Seniors
Seniors

Post by azif »

Skippy Steve wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:49 pm
Channel 9 and Fox 1 interviewed many fans at the games, and they were all Aussies except one guy lol. You would think that they would have been asking Americans what they thought of Thugby?
there are litterally hundreds of articles where americans either at the game or watching on TV were asked you moron :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

everyone awe inspired by what they witnessed

Its a cross between football & basketball it moves that fast
toughest sport Ive seen
way faster the NFL
how have I not seen this sport before ??

but do keep your pissy pants on ... its hilarious to watch :(/ :(/ :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

The US tv ratings are being reported for the NRL. :(/

You remember we were all told how huge this would be on Fox Sports over there?

The Americans absolutely love their rugby. lol
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

azif wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:29 pm
Apparently Fox America ( run by the biggest NRL fan their is ,Lachlan Murdoch) are prepared to sign the NRL up , showing all games into the US for $200 million for 5 years from this year , big money for us
chump change for them

has this been a success ?
Hmm success… $200 million from Fox Sports in America eh? lol

azif
Seniors
Seniors

Post by azif »

Beaussie wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:25 am
azif wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:29 pm
Apparently Fox America ( run by the biggest NRL fan their is ,Lachlan Murdoch) are prepared to sign the NRL up , showing all games into the US for $200 million for 5 years from this year , big money for us
chump change for them

has this been a success ?
Hmm success… $200 million from Fox Sports in America eh? lol

yep
every cent of it you pissy fumbling wanker

thats 40 mill PA AUD for 5 years or 200 mill ( about 150 mill USD) nothing for them.
what union & soccer are paid in Aust for similar sized ratings as well , the numbers add up.

excellent figures for games finishing after midnight in the Eastern states of the US
exellent =D =D =D =D =D =D
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

To be honest - I don't think these are good rating given the population of the US. Are they for the whole of US or just Nevada or Las Vegas - as they are very very small.
These users liked the author Fred for the post:
Beaussie (Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:15 pm)
Veni, vidi, vici
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Fred wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:53 am
To be honest - I don't think these are good rating given the population of the US. Are they for the whole of US or just Nevada or Las Vegas - as they are very very small.
pretty sure that is entire US on cable tv
streaming numbers would be interesting (judging how big KAYO) is here now
with America being ahead of the game
azif
Seniors
Seniors

Post by azif »

if you think they're not good

what do you think of afl ratings in NSW & QLD ?
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

azif wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:17 am

I think the ratings in QLD aren't so good for AFL in general - both Fox and FTA but I think if QLd had 350 million people they would be even worse.

I hear you re: AFL having had a presence for some time - but there is the novelty factor for the NRL being in town. Of course, it may have been hyped up in Las Vegas but unsure who much interest outside of this in mainstream USA. Still, kudos for the NRL - I think ratings is probably not a defining thing anyway re: the US market - although I suspect they would have hoped for higher - it did wonders for ratings and profile back home.
Veni, vidi, vici
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Fred wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:35 am
azif wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:17 am

I think the ratings in QLD aren't so good for AFL in general - both Fox and FTA but I think if QLd had 350 million people they would be even worse.

I hear you re: AFL having had a presence for some time - but there is the novelty factor for the NRL being in town. Of course, it may have been hyped up in Las Vegas but unsure who much interest outside of this in mainstream USA. Still, kudos for the NRL - I think ratings is probably not a defining thing anyway re: the US market - although I suspect they would have hoped for higher - it did wonders for ratings and profile back home.
yeah agree,

the Opening Round Profile in VEGAS is the biggest media attention / Fans getting into it
i have ever seen..

and the ratings proved this point.

what a way to the start the season.
Skippy Steve
Reserves
Reserves
Been liked: 10 times

Post by Skippy Steve »

Channel 9 and Fox showed Aussies at the game. Where is the interest from the Americans? Plus the #NRLVegas games haven't even made the US ratings list.