AFL will be watching the NRLs Las Vegas exhibition game very closely just like they did with Magic Round.

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Re: The AFL will be watching the NRLs Las Vegas exhibition game very closely just like they did with Magic Round.

Post by Fred »

I think they travel more than that?
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Re: The AFL will be watching the NRLs Las Vegas exhibition game very closely just like they did with Magic Round.

Post by Terry »

WookieReturns wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:34 am
Cox is a fucking moron. We did exhibition games in the US in the 80s and 90s. We arent in a rush to go back.

Pies just bitter they have to travel interstate for game 1 of their season.
Thank you bummsniffer for your 'opinion'. For 'opinion' is what it is. The reason 'you' aren't going back to America is not because 'you' don't want to. It's because no one in the US of A wants the rabble back ya dill lolololololololol!!!!!!!!

Have a great day bummy and keep morale high pal.
WookieReturns
Captain
Captain
Team: Carlton
Been liked: 98 times

Post by WookieReturns »

Terry wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:03 pm

Thank you bummsniffer for your 'opinion'. For 'opinion' is what it is. The reason 'you' aren't going back to America is not because 'you' don't want to. It's because no one in the US of A wants the rabble back ya dill lolololololololol!!!!!!!!

Have a great day bummy and keep morale high pal.
Still obsessing even now. Your pathetic.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

I thi k Las Vegas and Nrl are a great fit.
Veni, vidi, vici
GlobalRugbyLeague
Reserves
Reserves
Team: Manly
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 3 times

Post by GlobalRugbyLeague »

I know one thing. NRL Las Vegas is already looking a lot more professional than AFL Shanghai. 🔥⚡

GlobalRugbyLeague
Reserves
Reserves

Quolls2019 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:05 pm
GlobalRugbyLeague wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:21 pm
Terry wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:56 pm
The fumbling code may well be watching but it won't do 'em any good. Their game is a stumbling, fumbling, bumbling rabble.

No sport in the world is as skill-less or easy to play as the Australian Fumbling League. They've already tried NZ and China and been laughably frog marched outta both joints.

The yanks would do the same if Gilty and the boys were so stupid as to try it on over there. They're better off dominating the feeble minded folk theof Melbon and the little desert states. They own those joints ..................... and they can have 'em!!!!
That is so funny because it's true. I think the Americans would see AFL as some kind of comedy or sporting piss take.
Imagine trying to tell them you play football on a cricket field with 6 goals. 😂😂

And the stupid songs played at the end of the game.
I wonder why the AFL didn’t think of playing games in North America before the NRL…..oh that’s right they did as the VFL decades ago…
It wasn't very professional the AFL's efforts in the U.S.
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Quolls2019 »

GlobalRugbyLeague wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:29 pm
GlobalRugbyLeague wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:21 pm

That is so funny because it's true. I think the Americans would see AFL as some kind of comedy or sporting piss take.
Imagine trying to tell them you play football on a cricket field with 6 goals. 😂😂

And the stupid songs played at the end of the game.
I wonder why the AFL didn’t think of playing games in North America before the NRL…..oh that’s right they did as the VFL decades ago…
Sending an NRL player to a US Ruby Union club, by mistake, to promote Rugby League games does not smell of professionalism…it just smells.
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
GlobalRugbyLeague
Reserves
Reserves

Quolls2019 wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:01 pm

Sending an NRL player to a US Ruby Union club, by mistake, to promote Rugby League games does not smell of professionalism…it just smells.
At the end of day Rugby League is getting known in the world's largest contact sport market. And the NRL is way more similar to American sports than AFL. It will always be a sport that Americans can relate to more than Aussie Rules.
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach

Post by Quolls2019 »

GlobalRugbyLeague wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 4:15 pm

At the end of day Rugby League is getting known in the world's largest contact sport market. And the NRL is way more similar to American sports than AFL. It will always be a sport that Americans can relate to more than Aussie Rules.
If the US already has a game like it…why would the want another?
And US football started out as rugby and the US government demanded changes as they deemed the game too dangerous….thats why gridiron is now different to rugby….even after this period of time I doubt wether they would see it differently.
And the local rugby league competitions are going down the gurgler again.
I think they will do ok initially, wont last.
GlobalRugbyLeague
Reserves
Reserves

Quolls2019 wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:29 pm

And US football started out as rugby and the US government demanded changes as they deemed the game too dangerous….thats why gridiron is now different to rugby….even after this period of time I doubt wether they would see it differently.
Rugby 7s has been popular in Las Vegas for years, the U.S has performed well many times in the sport too. And the NRL is very similar to Rugby 7s.
So what makes you think Americans won't turn up to the NRL too. I know for a fact it has gained more interest in the U.S (already) than AFL did in China & NZ and has also gained more interest than AFL ever possibly could in America too.

Rugby 7s Las Vegas

Quolls2019
Coach
Coach

Post by Quolls2019 »

GlobalRugbyLeague wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:08 pm

Rugby 7s has been popular in Las Vegas for years, the U.S has performed well many times in the sport too. And the NRL is very similar to Rugby 7s.
So what makes you think Americans won't turn up to the NRL too. I know for a fact it has gained more interest in the U.S (already) than AFL did in China & NZ and has also gained more interest than AFL ever possibly could in America too.

Rugby 7s Las Vegas

Where are your facts?
And I did say initially they would do ok, but it will not last.
Isn’t the 7’s union.?
For a 2 day event it does ok, but having a US team competing does help.
And union has been far more organised in the states than league although it could hardly be called a success.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

GlobalRugbyLeague wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:14 pm
I know one thing. NRL Las Vegas is already looking a lot more professional than AFL Shanghai. 🔥⚡

Wouldn’t be hard lol
Veni, vidi, vici
GlobalRugbyLeague
Reserves
Reserves

Quolls2019 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:16 pm

Rugby 7s Las Vegas

Where are your facts?
Isn’t the 7’s union.?
And union has been far more organised in the states than league although it could hardly be called a success.
I said it's Rugby Union 7s, which is very similar to Rugby League compared to normal Rugby Union.

But it makes a complete hole in your argument that "Americans have their own game and why would they like other countries sports". Well they have been turning up to Rugby 7s for years in Las Vegas. So yes they do like other sports.

They just would not like AFL. AFL fails massively at any other country it is introduced to.
China & NZ both showed no interest in AFL and America would be the same.
:lol: :lol:
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach

Post by Quolls2019 »

GlobalRugbyLeague wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:09 am

Rugby 7s Las Vegas

Where are your facts?
Isn’t the 7’s union.?
I said it's Rugby Union 7s, which is very similar to Rugby League compared to normal Rugby Union.

But it makes a complete hole in your argument that "Americans have their own game and why would they like other countries sports". Well they have been turning up to Rugby 7s for years in Las Vegas. So yes they do like other sports.

They just would not like AFL. AFL fails massively at any other country it is introduced to.
You never mentioned “union” when you posted rugby 7’s and your “ “ of me is not what I actually said…you make things up….
GlobalRugbyLeague
Reserves
Reserves

Quolls2019 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:04 pm
GlobalRugbyLeague wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:09 am

Where are your facts?
Isn’t the 7’s union.?

You never mentioned “union” when you posted rugby 7’s and your “ “ of me is not what I actually said…you make things up….
Trying to deflect as usual lol.. The simple fact is Rugby7's is very similar to Rugby League And it has been successful in the U.S..
You said "Americans only like their own sports". So that just proves another one of your fake news theories wrong. :^o

Rugby League has proven time and time again it is a more appealing sport than AFL at an international level. It is not even a competition there. :(/