What are your thoughts on the NRL game in Vegas next year?

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
RugbyLeagueGlobal
Team: North Sydney
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

What are your thoughts on the NRL game in Vegas next year?

Post by RugbyLeagueGlobal »

While I don't think AFL could ever do this. Due to the game being too alien for the U.S and no suitable round fields there.
It is definitely something that can work for the NRL.. Not only for potential new American fans, but also for potentially new American players. If you ever got some of America's top athletes into league, they would really tear it up in the NRL.
U.S Rugby players like Perry Baker & Carline Isles would have been phenomenal in the NRL.

Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Re: What are your thoughts on the NRL game in Vegas next year?

Post by Terry »

RugbyLeagueGlobal wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 6:41 pm
While I don't think AFL could ever do this. Due to the game being too alien for the U.S and no suitable round fields there.
It is definitely something that can work for the NRL.. Not only for potential new American fans, but also for potentially new American players. If you ever got some of America's top athletes into league, they would really tear it up in the NRL.
U.S Rugby players like Perry Baker & Carline Isles would have been phenomenal in the NRL.

Should be a good promotion as PVL and the NRL are going to back it up with a multi year deal. Apparently they're also after some of the massive US betting market so it's a multi pronged promotion!
RugbyLeagueGlobal
Team: North Sydney
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by RugbyLeagueGlobal »

Terry wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:02 am

Should be a good promotion as PVL and the NRL are going to back it up with a multi year deal. Apparently they're also after some of the massive US betting market so it's a multi pronged promotion!
Yeah that doesn't surprise me that PVL is thinking like that. He has a lot of experience in that area through being the head of Racing in NSW.
I'm certain the AFL will be watching this move by the NRL with a lot of interest.
Bbear
Seniors
Seniors
Team: brisbane bears
Been liked: 17 times

Post by Bbear »

A lot of AFL players have won contracts with NFL teams over the decades, some successful, some not.
Mason Cox is an American playing AFL, who has played gridiron.

Trouble for foreign sports trying to break into a new market is that the existing sports are so entrenched and loved by their citizens that it is almost impossible for cricket, soccer, rugby codes, etc to succeed at a professional level.
Not sure if a few Vegas games will ever resonate with the average American sports fan.
Good event for some corporate high flyers to sponsor but betting is now under more scrutiny than ever so don't know what it will achieve.
I didn't want a crap name anymore !
Formally RLcrap
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Quolls2019 »

The VFL/AFL has played 6 games in the USA and 4 games in Canada….just not recently.
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
truthbomber
Banned
Team: Cobar Roosters
Been liked: 57 times

Post by truthbomber »

Its going to be magnificent

a double header on Saturday night March 2nd at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas Nevada
games to be beamed back to Australia at 2pm & 4pm on Sunday March 3rd

the 4 sides

Broncos
Souths
Roosters
Manly

actual games yet to be determined

a crowd of over 50K already predicted

wow
just wow
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

I think they’ll get a good crowd - it will have no elite value of course but I think the floated idea of a game in Utah would have been better given the high amount of pacific nation people who are there following their faith.
Veni, vidi, vici
truthbomber
Banned
Team: Cobar Roosters
Been liked: 57 times

Post by truthbomber »

Fred wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:20 am
I think they’ll get a good crowd - it will have no elite value of course but I think the floated idea of a game in Utah would have been better given the high amount of pacific nation people who are there following their faith.
hmmmmm
i see fweddy

maybe the aflol should hold a game somewhere in the south
they'd fit right in

ya know
where theres lots of red necked racists :cool:
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

truthbomber wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:26 am
Fred wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:20 am
hmmmmm
i see fweddy

maybe the aflol should hold a game somewhere in the south
they'd fit right in

ya know
where theres lots of red necked racists :cool:
Hahaha!!! The fumblers should put a game on in the deep south for sure. Alabama would be great!!! The good 'ol boys would love 'em down there. No doubt they'd meet 'em in their beautiful white robes, hoods and burning crosses lolololololol!!!!!!

They'd be just like the boyos club at Fumble House!!!!!!! No doubt they'd congratulate the fumblers on their handling of the Hawthorn Racism crisis. That was a text book cover-up that one!!!!! Beautifully executed by the good 'ol boys at fumble house lolololol!!!!