The NRL is stronger here than when the Giants started’: Swans, GWS want AFL to lift its game

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Rare event - AFL officials speak the truth!!!

Post by Terry »

In what can only be described as an equivalent of a sighting of the Loch Ness Monster or landing a man on the moon it can be revealed that Sydney AFL officials have incredibly spoken the truth about the disastrous state of their ugly mess of a game in NSW.

The Swans Tim Hartley said, "NSW was the only state going backwards......". The Ginats Don Mathew said, "The NRL is now stronger than when the Ginats started". Ouch!!!!!!! Mathew has clearly been injected with truth serum as he continued, "....."I thought I understood Sydney......but I didn't know how naive I was." Yep, the bloke was clueless.

He was duped by lies, distortions and obfuscations fed to him by Fumble House. He nodded and clapped at the BS spouted. But now that he is based in Sydney he can see the truth. The fumbling mess is going backwards. The Ginats are invisible and irrelevant in good 'ol Sydney town. The swans have a core following of expatriates and a few rich whities who have given up on RU. Apart from that they are a band wagon team. They get a look at when they're winning but remain an outsider in real terms of support.

Well done to Hartley and Mathew. It's not often the truth is told in AFL. It's as rare as a sold out crowd at the Ginats Un-named Stadium lololololol. But let's hope it continues. It's like a breath of fresh air in the usually control freak, lying BS spun by Gilty and the boys at Fumble House.

https://todayspaper.smedia.com.au/smh/default.aspx
GlobalRugbyLeague
Reserves
Reserves
Team: Manly
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 3 times

The NRL is stronger here than when the Giants started’: Swans, GWS want AFL to lift its game

Post by GlobalRugbyLeague »

Looks like the AFLs plans to win over NRL fans in NSW is not going quite as expected.
Article from The Age in Melbourne.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/the ... 5d3nl.html

By Caroline Wilson
April 29, 2023 — 5.00am

Frustrated Sydney club chiefs have pleaded with the AFL to lift its game in NSW, pointing out that Australia’s biggest state has lost significant ground to the NRL over the past decade as head office has repeatedly overlooked the harbour city for major football events.

While Swans chief Tom Harley pointed out it was "no coincidence" NSW was the only state going backwards in terms of Australian rules football given it was the only state missing out on big fixtures, it has also emerged that tensions exist between the Giants and the AFL over the battle for supporters in Western Sydney.

Compounding the growing disappointment directed from the Sydney clubs at the AFL has been the reluctance of the Giants - with some measure the worst home-attendance figures in the competition - to hand over control to the completion on a 2 million dollar Western Sydney initiative approved by the commission late last year.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: Rare event - AFL officials speak the truth!!!

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Terry wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:43 pm
In what can only be described as an equivalent of a sighting of the Loch Ness Monster or landing a man on the moon it can be revealed that Sydney AFL officials have incredibly spoken the truth about the disastrous state of their ugly mess of a game in NSW.

The Swans Tim Hartley said, "NSW was the only state going backwards......". The Ginats Don Mathew said, "The NRL is now stronger than when the Ginats started". Ouch!!!!!!! Mathew has clearly been injected with truth serum as he continued, "....."I thought I understood Sydney......but I didn't know how naive I was." Yep, the bloke was clueless.

He was duped by lies, distortions and obfuscations fed to him by Fumble House. He nodded and clapped at the BS spouted. But now that he is based in Sydney he can see the truth. The fumbling mess is going backwards. The Ginats are invisible and irrelevant in good 'ol Sydney town. The swans have a core following of expatriates and a few rich whities who have given up on RU. Apart from that they are a band wagon team. They get a look at when they're winning but remain an outsider in real terms of support.

Well done to Hartley and Mathew. It's not often the truth is told in AFL. It's as rare as a sold out crowd at the Ginats Un-named Stadium lololololol. But let's hope it continues. It's like a breath of fresh air in the usually control freak, lying BS spun by Gilty and the boys at Fumble House.

https://todayspaper.smedia.com.au/smh/default.aspx
But but but we are told it’s a 10 no that didn’t work …ummm 20 no let’s make it o30 yr slow burn .
But but but there are 30 skabillion kids playing….20 skabillion females .
The Bargarsi line has moved into Torres straight .

Lol seriously ..how do these cult members just lap up every bit of bullshit sprouted by Aflol house .
You’d think the Lawson report a decade ago would have opened a few eyes ..lol no .
That doesn’t fit the Narrative so we will ignore it .
:(/ :(/
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
GlobalRugbyLeague
Reserves
Reserves
Team: Manly
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 3 times

Post by GlobalRugbyLeague »

I accidentally did a repeat of this post in fight club forum, but I agree that it is very rare for AFL to admit something like that.

Is plain for everyone to see that Giants have no supporters in Sydney. Whenever they play the Swans there is about 1% if you're lucky that are Giants supporters.

AFL is just to alien a game to resonate with Western Sydney.
truthbomber
Banned
Team: Cobar Roosters
Been liked: 57 times

Re: The NRL is stronger here than when the Giants started’: Swans, GWS want AFL to lift its game

Post by truthbomber »

its not just NSW

the only people who follow the drops & misses in QLD & the ACT are expatriated Sthners
the NRL is killing this fumbling garbage in those 2 states too ...
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Re: The NRL is stronger here than when the Giants started’: Swans, GWS want AFL to lift its game

Post by Quolls2019 »

truthbomber wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:40 pm
its not just NSW

the only people who follow the drops & misses in QLD & the ACT are expatriated Sthners
GWS is a major disappointment and problem,
Sydney and Brisbane are doing very well and have been for some time.
Gold Coast are holding their own in an area that is treacherous for sporting franchises, just ask the ARL/NRL, the NBL and the A-League. Rugby Union and Baseball attempts at establishing national league teams there also failed.
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach

Post by Quolls2019 »

GlobalRugbyLeague wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:21 pm
I accidentally did a repeat of this post in fight club forum, but I agree that it is very rare for AFL to admit something like that.

Is plain for everyone to see that Giants have no supporters in Sydney. Whenever they play the Swans there is about 1% if you're lucky that are Giants supporters.

A rare thing that I agree with you, GWS are a major disappointment and problem.
Need a revamp.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Quolls2019 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:05 pm

Need a revamp.
If they ever did a revamp they’d be stupid enough to send that geriatric old racist kelvin shoody back up to win new fans over .
Worked wonders last time . :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

same goes In QLD>

It makes it looked a touch bigger cause you have 200k odd Victorians into QLD
over the pass 20 years...
Like FRED lol
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Quolls2019 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:05 pm

Need a revamp.
i recan it could quickly work into the AFL's Favour if they bite the bullet and called them
Canberra Giants and obviously were based in ACT
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Agreed - but they need a presence in western suburbs
Veni, vidi, vici
truthbomber
Banned
Team: Cobar Roosters
Been liked: 57 times

Post by truthbomber »

Quolls2019 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:00 pm
truthbomber wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:40 pm
its not just NSW

GWS is a major disappointment and problem,
Sydney and Brisbane are doing very well and have been for some time.
Gold Coast are holding their own in an area that is treacherous for sporting franchises, just ask the ARL/NRL, the NBL and the A-League. Rugby Union and Baseball attempts at establishing national league teams there also failed.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/

keep polishing those turds
the brasso bill must be huge

after the midgets & thuns , the paddle pop wions are next on the list of sucking $$ out of the aflol , despite being a top 4 club for the last few years they barely make ends meet
The Swines posted a profit smaller then my local fish n chip shop in 2022, this despite them making the GF

doing very well ?

yea
sure fumbler :lol: :lol: :lol:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

From the Gemba report into NRL expansion, the AFL does have more work to do in NSW and QLD.

And whilst there are concerns with the Giants and Suns, I remember the same hysteria and calls to end the Swans and Bears in the early 90s when both clubs were struggling on and off the field. Sound familiar? Heck, I remember going to the SCG with a free ticket after buying a Whopper Junior at Hungry Jacks. Expansion and growth in new markets takes a long time as we’ve seen with the Swans and Bears/Lions. You don’t just give up though.

The Giants need to be seen as fully committed to Western Sydney, not split with the ACT. And they need to drop the ridiculous GWS name and just call themselves Western Sydney Giants. It’s so ridiculous hearing media, commentators etc refer to them as GWS.
These users liked the author Beaussie for the post:
Quolls2019 (Mon May 01, 2023 8:49 am)
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach

Post by Quolls2019 »

Beaussie wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 6:25 am
From the Gemba report into NRL expansion, the AFL does have more work to do in NSW and QLD.

And whilst there are concerns with the Giants and Suns, I remember the same hysteria and calls to end the Swans and Bears in the early 90s when both clubs were struggling on and off the field. Sound familiar? Heck, I remember going to the SCG with a free ticket after buying a Whopper Junior at Hungry Jacks. Expansion and growth in new markets takes a long time as we’ve seen with the Swans and Bears/Lions. You don’t just give up though.

The Giants need to be seen as fully committed to Western Sydney, not split with the ACT. And they need to drop the ridiculous GWS name and just call themselves Western Sydney Giants. It’s so ridiculous hearing media, commentators etc refer to them as GWS.
All western Sydney or all Canberra…or start calling them the nomads.
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach

Post by Quolls2019 »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:22 pm
same goes In QLD>

It makes it looked a touch bigger cause you have 200k odd Victorians into QLD
over the pass 20 years...
Like FRED lol
I’m sure the New Zealand, Pacific Islander, english and NSW ex pats inflate Qld NRL figures too.