Dolphins making History

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
truthbomber
Banned
Team: Cobar Roosters
Been liked: 57 times

Dolphins making History

Post by truthbomber »

defying all predictions
getting everyone scratching their heads ..

after being told by NRL experts that they should brace for a wooden spoon in their first season due to not being able to recruit any marquee players, like none
they missed out on every player of note they chased

Bennett , Australian sports greatest coach has got a rabble together of solid players but nothing more & they have shown grit & spirit in their first 2 games beating premiership favourites the Roosters & finalists from last year the Raiders

Newcastle in Newcastle in week 3 is based on their performances to date a winnable game & they could be 3-0 going into their Derby game in week 4 against the Broncos who will also most likely be 3-0

wow
a promotors wet dream
the sub plots in this one would fill a book , the Phins have already poached a few of the Broncos young guns for 2024 ( Broncos are furious ), Wayne's hatred of the Broncos & the public airing of dirty laundry by both Wayne about the Broncos & them about him will have the atmosphere crackling & at spine tingling levels

will be sold out any day now 52500
will attract ratings never seen before in QLD
the biggest sporting event in QLD history .... wow
Pete__09
Reserves
Reserves
Team: Brisbane Lions
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 17 times

Re: Dolphins making History

Post by Pete__09 »

Will be sold out any day now. AHAHAHA as if its not sold out already. What a joke.
Every Broncos home game should be sold out in a city the size of Brisbane with a great stadium like they play in.
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

Pete__09 wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:51 pm
Will be sold out any day now. AHAHAHA as if its not sold out already. What a joke.
Every Broncos home game should be sold out in a city the size of Brisbane with a great stadium like they play in.
seig heil fumbler
Its a Dolphins home game &
considering the kitty kat wions have never sold out the gabba ... ever .... in 36 years
thats rich :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
Pete__09
Reserves
Reserves
Team: Brisbane Lions
Been liked: 17 times

Post by Pete__09 »

Brisbane is a Rugby League city & the stadium they play at is awesome yet, other than Origin, it never sells out. To me that is sad.

The lions play in a crap cricket stadium yet, when they are winning, they nearly sell every game out even though Brisbane is not a footy city.

This year the lions will be awesome so I bet we nearly average the same as the broncos in home crowd numbers.

What is your opinion on that Mr liebomber??
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

Pete__09 wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:25 pm
Brisbane is a Rugby League city & the stadium they play at is awesome yet, other than Origin, it never sells out. To me that is sad.

The lions play in a crap cricket stadium yet, when they are winning, they nearly sell every game out even though Brisbane is not a footy city.

This year the lions will be awesome so I bet we nearly average the same as the broncos in home crowd numbers.

What is your opinion on that Mr liebomber??
:hmm:
8-[
:lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :(/
seig heil fumbler ya lying silly racist :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o

The Wions were one game away from the GF last year & averaged 25,818 per game , sellout every game ? :(/ :(/ :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl:
The Broncos failed to make the finals for the 4th year in a row & averaged 29,594 per game

If you're not a ex pat sth drop kick in QLD, you have no interest in racistball
its RL
nothing else
Broncos , Dolphins , Cowboys , Titans ..... thats it
thanks for dropping in :cool:
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

lol petey has no understanding of the Stadiums in Bris
He thinks the Dolphins play out of Redcliffe most weeks .😂😂😂.

Just Another clueless fumbler as he continually shows on here .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
GlobalRugbyLeague
Reserves
Reserves
Team: Manly
Been liked: 3 times

Post by GlobalRugbyLeague »

Funny watching all the AFL loons have a meltdown.

First they said the NRL would never expand, now they've expanded with more teams planned.

They just can't accept how much more successful the Dolphins will be than than the Sun's & Giants.

4 NRL clubs vs 2 AFL clubs in QLD now lol...
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Quolls2019 »

GlobalRugbyLeague wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:36 pm

First they said the NRL would never expand, now they've expanded with more teams planned.

They just can't accept how much more successful the Dolphins will be than than the Sun's & Giants.

4 nrl clubs vs 2 clubs in rugby leagues “heartland”?..
I can accept that NRL is twice as popular in queensland compare to the AFL…for now..

I cant remember reading on this site where anyone said the NRL wouldn't expand? And if they did they were clearly wrong.
I am surprised that the NRL didn't expand by 2 new Brisbane teams when they had the chance.
20 teams with in 10 years and another 2 within 20.

The Dolphins success is yet to be seen but I wish them well.
The bears had a similar successful beginning.
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

I think a team in perth is a must. I don’t think the afl itself cares too much as to what the nrl do to be honest.
Veni, vidi, vici
GlobalRugbyLeague
Reserves
Reserves

Quolls2019 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:58 pm

I can accept that NRL is twice as popular in queensland compare to the AFL…for now..

I cant remember reading on this site where anyone said the NRL wouldn't expand? And if they did they were clearly wrong.
I am surprised that the NRL didn't expand by 2 new Brisbane teams when they had the chance.

Yeah a lot of AFL fans have said the NRL will never expand. To be fair they were probably right at the time as it was before Peter V'landys took over the NRL. The previous administration were absolutely hopeless. Taking the big money and doing nothing.

AFL definitely has a long way to go in QLD & NSW. Like nearly all the AFL games are shown on 7mate due to such low ratings.
If the sport had a lot of support it would be shown on Ch7.
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Quolls2019 »

GlobalRugbyLeague wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:51 pm

Yeah a lot of AFL fans have said the NRL will never expand. To be fair they were probably right at the time as it was before Peter V'landys took over the NRL. The previous administration were absolutely hopeless. Taking the big money and doing nothing.

AFL definitely has a long way to go in QLD & NSW. Like nearly all the AFL games are shown on 7mate due to such low ratings.
For the viewer, isn't the difference between 7 and 7 mate just a press of a button?
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

If you want to watch the afl you will- but it is the casual viewer who may not realise the gsme is on that being on the main channel helps. I’m like that with Rl in that I may not know Storm are playing but if I see it on will watch - I’m more likely to do this if Storm are on the main channel.

I tend to agree that real progress or growth will see afl played in main channels in Sydney and Brisbane plus also the supplemrary footy shows - we do get The Front Bar on the main channel in Brisbane though.
Veni, vidi, vici
GlobalRugbyLeague
Reserves
Reserves

Quolls2019 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:16 pm
GlobalRugbyLeague wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:51 pm

For the viewer, isn't the difference between 7 and 7 mate just a press of a button?
Yes, but they are still separate channels even though they are owned by the one company.
Channel 7 rates round 23% while Channel 7mate rates around 4%.
So if AFL was getting the big ratings in NSW & QLD, Channel 7 would show it all the time on their main channel.
GlobalRugbyLeague
Reserves
Reserves

Fred wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:24 pm
If you want to watch the afl you will- but it is the casual viewer who may not realise the gsme is on that being on the main channel helps. I’m like that with Rl in that I may not know Storm are playing but if I see it on will watch - I’m more likely to do this if Storm are on the main channel.

I tend to agre mye that real progress or growth will see afl played in main channels in Sydney and Brisbane plus also the supplemrary footy shows - we do get The Front Bar on the main channel in Brisbane though.
The Storm would always be on Channel 9 if you're n Brisbane, pretty sure they are on 9Gem in Melbourne though.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Yes, that’s what I said - I was just using that to illustrate how I often don’t know Storm are on and when flicking between the main channels will see it and watch for a bit. Whereas if not on main channel I’m likely to miss it in my flicking around. So making the point that being on the main channel helps - in my case anyway.
Veni, vidi, vici