NRL Grand Final 2022 tickets on sale

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

NRL Grand Final 2022 tickets on sale

Post by Beaussie »

Seems silly and rather embarrassing to start selling tickets so early when you don’t even know the final teams involved, but I understand the NRL struggles with selling tickets to its Grand Final. Some years, the NRL even has to resort to heavily discounted or free tickets to ensue full capacity, so I get it.

Of course this would never be contemplated for Australia’s Game, where AFL Grand Final tickets go on sale the week of the game, once the opposing teams are determined. Never any doubt of a sellout in the AFL too, just look at the week one finals sellouts this week, on day one of tickets going on sale.
Pete__09
Reserves
Reserves
Team: Brisbane Lions
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 17 times

Re: NRL Grand Final 2022 tickets on sale

Post by Pete__09 »

I remember one year in the NRL they had to give away tickets for the Grand Final just days out from the match.

I mean how embarrassing is that.

At the AFL Grand Final there are people willing to pay 4X the price of a ticket to get in.
These users liked the author Pete__09 for the post:
Beaussie (Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:19 pm)
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

Beaussie wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:57 am

Seems silly and rather embarrassing to start selling tickets so early when you don’t even know the final teams involved, but I understand the NRL struggles with selling tickets to its Grand Final. Some years, the NRL even has to resort to heavily discounted or free tickets to ensue full capacity, so I get it.

Of course this would never be contemplated for Australia’s Game, where AFL Grand Final tickets go on sale the week of the game, once the opposing teams are determined. Never any doubt of a sellout in the AFL too, just look at the week one finals sellouts this week, on day one of tickets going on sale.

Gee beatup, have the local RL thugs given you a touch up lately pal??? You seem to have this raging anger against Australia's most watched sport. I mean even more than your usual beatup idiocy. You're like a screeching banshee pal. Very unbecoming of the great leader of this much lauded site.

If you want sensible discussion here you may want to post sensible content. This stuff is just 10 year old rock throwing foolery.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Pete__09 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:00 am
I remember one year in the NRL they had to give away tickets for the Grand Final just days out from the match.

I mean how embarrassing is that.

At the AFL Grand Final there are people willing to pay 4X the price of a ticket to get in.
Yep, the NRL wanna hope they don’t have a Storm vs Broncos or Roosters grand final. Will have to resort to free tickets again to fill the stadium. No doubt part of the reason why tickets go on sale so early.
Pete__09
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Pete__09 »

Storm vs Broncos would be pretty big. So you would think would sell out.

But a North Queensland vs Storm GF though barely sell out.
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

It's a funny thing, gentlemen. Sydney RL fans have a reputation of refusing to travel - even locally. But Storm fans will travel from Melbourne and Broncos fans will travel from Brisbane. That's the problem.

Mind you, if New South Wales don't sort out their train issues soon fans will have trouble getting to Stadium Australia anyway!
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
truthbomber
Banned
Team: Cobar Roosters
Been liked: 57 times

Post by truthbomber »

:hmm:

:-k

8-[

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ oh wow

the 3 rules of dealing with fumblers & all apply to this absolutely hilarious thread

they're deluded
they're liars
they're dumb

all 3 in play by fumbletard mongs on on this forum

facts
The NRL GF has NEVER failed to sellout
The NRL GF has NEVER given tickets away ... ever

the mongball GF is OFTEN
the 5th biggest sporting event in Australia well behind 4 NRL events :wink:

suck on that you singlet wearing wankers :cool:
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

Get back to us when you pull 100,000 to your grand final, TBomb. Fifth biggest sporting even my rear end!
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

TLPG wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:41 pm
Get back to us when you pull 100,000 to your grand final, TBomb. Fifth biggest sporting even my rear end!
can't you twat
our ground only holds 83000 & thats what we get

5th
enjoy fumbler :cool:
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

when the Olympic Stadium was built the 1999 GRAND FINAL had 108k fans.
and that was St George Illawarra v Melbourne Storm

before it reverted to a 83k stadium
cehar5
Reserves
Reserves
Team: Demons storm
Been liked: 19 times

Post by cehar5 »

truthbomber wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:59 pm
can't you twat
our ground only holds 83000 & thats what we get

5th
enjoy fumbler :cool:
Poor copebomber can't deal with reality.
Pete__09
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Pete__09 »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:16 am

The reason that Grand Final got 108K is only because of the capacity of the stadium thanks to the Olympics which was 120K.

So technically that grand final did not sell out because there was 12,000 empty seats.

The AFL would sell out a 300,000 stadium for a footy grand final.
These users liked the author Pete__09 for the post:
TLPG (Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:53 am)
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Pete__09 wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:04 pm

The reason that Grand Final got 108K is only because of the capacity of the stadium thanks to the Olympics which was 120K.

So technically that grand final did not sell out because there was 12,000 empty seats.

Why are you fumblers wrong continuously .
Oh & before you say it was 2 k below capacity .
Aflol claims sellouts with 5k missing from capacity .

Stadium Australia, currently known as Accor Stadium for sponsorship purposes, is a multi-purpose stadium located in the Sydney Olympic Park, in Sydney, Australia. The stadium, which in Australia is sometimes referred to as Sydney Olympic Stadium, Homebush Stadium or simply the Olympic Stadium, was completed in March 1999 at a cost of A$690 million[1] to host the 2000 Summer Olympics.[2][3] The Stadium was leased by a private company, the Stadium Australia Group, until the Stadium was sold back to the NSW Government on 1 June 2016 after NSW Premier Michael Baird announced the Stadium was to be redeveloped as a world-class rectangular stadium. The Stadium is owned by Venues NSW on behalf of the NSW Government.

The stadium was originally built to hold 110,000 spectators, making it the second largest Olympic Stadium ever built and the second largest stadium in Australia after the Melbourne Cricket Ground which held more than 120,000 before its re-design in the early 2000s. In 2003, reconfiguration work was completed to shorten the north and south wings, and install movable seating. These changes reduced the capacity to 80,000, with the capacity to add seating depending on the venue configuration.
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:28 pm

Stadium Australia, currently known as Accor Stadium for sponsorship purposes, is a multi-purpose stadium located in the Sydney Olympic Park, in Sydney, Australia. The stadium, which in Australia is sometimes referred to as Sydney Olympic Stadium, Homebush Stadium or simply the Olympic Stadium, was completed in March 1999 at a cost of A$690 million[1] to host the 2000 Summer Olympics.[2][3] The Stadium was leased by a private company, the Stadium Australia Group, until the Stadium was sold back to the NSW Government on 1 June 2016 after NSW Premier Michael Baird announced the Stadium was to be redeveloped as a world-class rectangular stadium. The Stadium is owned by Venues NSW on behalf of the NSW Government.

The stadium was originally built to hold 110,000 spectators, making it the second largest Olympic Stadium ever built and the second largest stadium in Australia after the Melbourne Cricket Ground which held more than 120,000 before its re-design in the early 2000s. In 2003, reconfiguration work was completed to shorten the north and south wings, and install movable seating. These changes reduced the capacity to 80,000, with the capacity to add seating depending on the venue configuration.
:lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/

IKR

the 3 rules of dealing with fumblers needing to be applied with gusto in this thread

theres been rampant
delusion

lies

&

dumbness

fumblers are the biggest pack of NFI halfwits on the planet :lol: :lol: :(/ :(/ :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
cehar5
Reserves
Reserves
Team: Demons storm
Been liked: 19 times

Post by cehar5 »

truthbomber wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:34 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:28 pm

:lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/

IKR

the 3 rules of dealing with fumblers needing to be applied with gusto in this thread

theres been rampant
delusion

lies

&

dumbness

fumblers are the biggest pack of NFI halfwits on the planet :lol: :lol: :(/ :(/ :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
You're describing yourself again. NRL can't sell out Grand final haha. Will always be second best. Just learn to live with it. Enjoy bumsniffer.