How many QLDs currently on AFL club lists ,

Australian Football news and discussion.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

How many QLDs currently on AFL club lists ,

Post by Fred »

Seems to be more and more Queenslanders on club lists. Been a few in the past too. Does anyone know if it is increasing over the years, the same, or dropped. I ask as I think this is a good measure of how well the game is doing - particuarly those born and bred in QLD and not those who moved here in their teenage years.

I note Cairns seems to have produced a couple which is interesting.

Top of my head I’m thinking Zorko, Sexton, Bowels, Hipwood, Davies from QLD but I’m sure there are many more. I’ll Google a bit and see.
Veni, vidi, vici
truthbomber
Banned
Team: Cobar Roosters
Been liked: 57 times

Re: How many QLDs currently on AFL club lists ,

Post by truthbomber »

Fred wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:57 am
Seems to be more and more Queenslanders on club lists. Been a few in the past too. Does anyone know if it is increasing over the years, the same, or dropped. I ask as I think this is a good measure of how well the game is doing - particuarly those born and bred in QLD and not those who moved here in their teenage years.

I note Cairns seems to have produced a couple which is interesting.

Top of my head I’m thinking Zorko, Sexton, Bowels, Hipwood, Davies from QLD but I’m sure there are many more. I’ll Google a bit and see.
every one of them offspring of parents or grand parents who came from a wasteland state
fact :cool: