Origin

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Pete__09
Reserves
Reserves
Team: Brisbane Lions
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 17 times

Re: Origin

Post by Pete__09 »

The worlds best!!! ahahaha. Its like saying AFL is the worlds best. No footy fan cares!!
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Quolls2019 »

It is indeed a unique event and spectacle.
As Truthbomber says, perhaps the only team sport where the representative sport is far more popular than the regular club games,
Just proves that Sydney Rugby League fans will go to a good game when available.
These users liked the author Quolls2019 for the post:
Fred (Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:29 pm)
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
Pete__09
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Pete__09 »

Look at all the injuries in origin last night that happened to good players. It just ruins NRL teams so that is why AFL will never get origin back because winning the premiership is more important than winning basically a All Star/exhibition match that is meaningless
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

I think SoO is great for NRL - this morning it has all that has been talked about on the radio. It works great for the NRL/ARL and the people love it. Injuries are just part and parcel and people accept it. I don't like it one bit but I come from a different sporting culture and just have to accept it when it comes to Storm players. I think the AFL would love it to be accepted by AFL fans - but it isn't - as you said, they value a premiership more - a lot more as in AFL it did become an exhibition match - in SoO in the ARL this clearly is not the case. I'd say internationals are seen as less that SoO from where I sit.
Veni, vidi, vici
Pete__09
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Pete__09 »

Well said Fred. Well said.

I bet these Rugby League fans will not agree with us though.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

I am not sure we are agreeing Pete?
Veni, vidi, vici
Pete__09
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Pete__09 »

I think we are a little bit
Pete__09
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Pete__09 »

Don't let these Rugby League guys brainwash you Fred. They are good at that.
truthbomber
Banned
Team: Cobar Roosters
Been liked: 57 times

Post by truthbomber »

Pete__09 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:26 am
The worlds best!!! ahahaha. Its like saying AFL is the worlds best. No footy fan cares!!
:shock:

:hmm:

8-[

:lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :[] :[] :[] :[] :[] :[] :[] :[] :[] :[] :[] :[] :[] :[]

fumblers , the biggest collection of ********* on earth :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

Pete__09 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:42 pm
Look at all the injuries in origin last night that happened to good players. It just ruins NRL teams so that is why AFL will never get origin back because winning the premiership is more important than winning basically a All Star/exhibition match that is meaningless
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/

its called passion & pride in something other then a few streets in a suburb
something fumblers will never have

& the reason why that silly little oddity will never amount to anything outside of its tiny corner in half of australia :cool:
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

Fred wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:49 pm
I think SoO is great for NRL - this morning it has all that has been talked about on the radio. It works great for the NRL/ARL and the people love it. Injuries are just part and parcel and people accept it. I don't like it one bit but I come from a different sporting culture and just have to accept it when it comes to Storm players. I think the AFL would love it to be accepted by AFL fans - but it isn't - as you said, they value a premiership more - a lot more as in AFL it did become an exhibition match - in SoO in the ARL this clearly is not the case. I'd say internationals are seen as less that SoO from where I sit.
tbh even if the noodle armed clowns wanted it , how could any sport including the derps & fumbles .. even try to emulate our origin games . We have done it so well that any attempt would be compared to ours & be seen as nothing but a pale shadow of the real deal .. RL's SOO

its gone
we have ruined it for all other sports in Aust
Origin , RL's property :cool:
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

I think you are right there TB - the ARL do a great job of SoO that I believe it would be held up as the bench mark. If AFL were to do it they would need to pick a state, say SA - and stick to it. Yes, there would be many players who would be ineligible given players come from all corners of the Australia - but you also get that with RL re: international players who play in the NRL - far less than you'd have if AFL excluded non eligible players - but just something that happens and all part of it. But agree, SoO RL is the benchmark.
Veni, vidi, vici
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

truthbomber wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:32 pm
thinking about Rugby Leagues state of origin today & what an utterly unique series it is

now
all sports have their championship games , finals etc where elements of the sports best talent play , some generational teams may have a higher then normal number of the worlds best in a game or series

but RL's origin is a level all of its own
at least 25 of the 34 participating in tonights game are the worlds best , you can add Tommy T , Latrell .. Victor Radley & Ryan Pappenhausen all unavailable due to injury for NSW & the figure is around 30 of the 34 best on the planet for the sport. I'd only add Joseph Tapine for NZ , Jason Tuamololo for Tonga , John Bateman for England as non Australians not eligible to play who would if they could.

Now fumblers will... quite wrongly .. try to say all stars games from many other sports are no different , but they most certainly are . They are exhibition games , slap & tickle .. a bit of fun
baseball , basketball , NFL .. soccer

There will be no slapping or tickling out there tonight in Sydney , there will be no fun, with RL's origin games featuring the best the sport has to offer but having the added edge of being deadly serious with the players giving their absolute all in pursuit of victory . Every fibre they have for their state.

nope , theres nothing like it in world sport , it gives the saying , the best of the best new meaning.
Enjoy guys
Yep it is a unique sporting contest.
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

State of Origin 1 soars to a massive national average audience of 2.937 million and is now the highest rating program of the 2022 ratings survey period.

It recorded a live BVOD Audience of 425,000, the highest live BVOD audience of all time, across all broadcasters.
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain
Team: Easts
Been liked: 36 times

Post by pussycat Mark 11 »

Pete__09 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:42 pm
Meaningless? only if you call making $10s of millions meaningless, or an event that is watched by every one in 8 or 9 Australians as being meaningless. Pete you really seem too have a grip on something but it doesn't seem to be reality.
Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers: