Western Sydney failure for afl

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Re: Western Sydney failure for afl

Post by Terry »

Pete__09 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 10:47 am
Of course it gets good ratings as it is a great contest. Even I enjoy it & find rugby league very boring.

It's like the All Star game in the NBA. It rates very well but when it comes down to it it means nothing. Its not going to help your team win the premiership is it.

This is the idiot ignorance of fumble fools on full display. The dill is comparing his one dimensional domestic comp to the 3 dimensional game of Rugby League. IE Domestic comp, SOO and International.

Try telling NSW and Qld people SOO is meaningless and you'll get laughed outta town at best or smacked in the face for your ignorance at worst. Same applies to the players. These are the games they live for. Same for Internationals. Try telling a Kiwi, Samoan, Tongan or Fijian playing for their country it means nothing and you'd cop a well deserved hiding. It'd be like telling soccer fans the Euro Cup or World Cup mean nothing. Try that and you'd be in the middle of full blown riot. Totally nuts!!!

This dill is showing the blindingly insular 'though process' of the typical fumbler. Clueless, ignorant, inward looking and totally without any perception of the real world. Sad but not unexpected!!
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

truthbomber wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:47 pm
Fred wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 3:02 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 1:30 pm

that is the thing it has nothing to do with the Premiership
Fans of the game get to experience another level of the game (another tier if i might add)

an All star event in NBA or NFL are quite pathetic.. NO defence ( no one cares who wins) it is all about showing the talent of each team
in a muck around game that no one takes serious.

State of Origin is Unique.
and to why it is so successful

I think that’s what killed it in AFL. The premiership was seen as more valuable than a SoO game or representation. Players were using it recover from niggling injuries, coaches didn’t want their stats playing amd risk being injured. When the Vfl made it a rules that their doctor mus examine any injuries and threaten suspensions for players who didn’t play without a good reason - it was done and dusted.

It would be great to see it be in the AFL but would I want my teams star player injured and out for the season due to SoO - no way! F it happened in an ordinary game then thems the breaks - but for an exhibition game that means not much !?.
exhibition ?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :(/

only fumbling ********* think representing collingthorn or Saint killed her is more important & prestigious then representing your state

but i suppose when thats all you have , well , thats all you have
the same boring as bat shit collection of suburbs playing each other ... its inane crap tbh & the main reason this silly little vicderpian oddity will remain trapped in the same sthn corner of one country for good

TV stations will rightly ask ?
what have you got for us thats new ?

answer... nuffin

RL on the other hand has
so many levels its not funny

the NRL will have sides in every state in the next 10 years & a 2nd side in NZ

but unlike the shitbag boring aflol

it will have SOO
international pacifika
world cups
4 yearly kangaroo tours again

all stars
9 tournaments

F me
what a future =D =D =D =D =D =D =D

Hey, I wish it was seen as more than an exhibition match - it never used to be but that was what it become. I am indeed envious that RL has a passion around SoO. I think the AFL would love SoO to be viable as well - it is a good earner. Unfortunately it is what it is. People valued the premiership win over a SoO win. I am with them on that too - prefer my team to win the premiership than vic beat WA or SA. I am sure if the AFL could make it viable - they would. Why they can't play it outside the premiership season I don't know - they could look at all sorts of ways to do it. I wouldn't want SoO unless it was outside the premiership season either to be honest and think the ARL SoO should also be after the premiership season - but I can see why you wouldn't mess with such a successful format.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 1:30 pm

that is the thing it has nothing to do with the Premiership
Fans of the game get to experience another level of the game (another tier if i might add)

an All star event in NBA or NFL are quite pathetic.. NO defence ( no one cares who wins) it is all about showing the talent of each team
in a muck around game that no one takes serious.

State of Origin is Unique.
and to why it is so successful

I think that’s what killed it in AFL. The premiership was seen as more valuable than a SoO game or representation. Players were using it recover from niggling injuries, coaches didn’t want their stats playing amd risk being injured. When the Vfl made it a rules that their doctor mus examine any injuries and threaten suspensions for players who didn’t play without a good reason - it was done and dusted.

It would be great to see it be in the AFL but would I want my teams star player injured and out for the season due to SoO - no way! F it happened in an ordinary game then thems the breaks - but for an exhibition game that means not much !?.
exhibition ?

only fumbling ********* think representing collingthorn or Saint killed her is more important & prestigious then representing your state

the same boring as bat shit collection of suburbs playing each other ... its inane crap tbh & the main reason this silly little vicderpian oddity will remain trapped in the same sthn corner of one country for good

answer... nuffin

RL on the other hand has

it will have SOO
international pacifika
world cups

all stars
9 tournaments

F me
all that extra content and still less money for TV rights......
Veni, vidi, vici
truthbomber
Banned
Team: Cobar Roosters
Been liked: 57 times

Post by truthbomber »

Fred wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 1:27 pm

exhibition ?

answer... nuffin

RL on the other hand has

it will have SOO
international pacifika
world cups

all stars
9 tournaments

F me
all that extra content and still less money for TV rights......
less dopey ?
lets see

aflol
416 mill a year for 208 games X 3 hours .. or 654 hours of coverage
thats
633K an hour approx

the NRL
380 mill a year
201 games & 402 hours
a few rep games might put that up to 420 hours

or
900K an hour
broadcasters value the NRL more highly

sorry fumbler :cool:
Pete__09
Reserves
Reserves
Team: Brisbane Lions
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 17 times

Post by Pete__09 »

This how stupid it all is. If a team is up 2-0 in the series they still have a meaningless game 3.

Imagine that happening in any other sport on earth. It just shows how desperate Rugby League is for Origin because without it the sport would be broke.
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

the days of the aflol pulling the wool over broadcasters eyes are over too

its the most over rated crap in australian sport & i think they see it this way too
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

Pete__09 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:19 pm
This how stupid it all is. If a team is up 2-0 in the series they still have a meaningless game 3.

Imagine that happening in any other sport on earth. It just shows how desperate Rugby League is for Origin because without it the sport would be broke.
&
those dead rubbers are STILL bigger then all bar one fumbleball game each year :shock:
8-[
what does that say about the aflol you fumbling twat :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

fancy carltondon V whorethorn in a prelim final

slaughtered by a meaningless origin game

thats just effing funny as
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

It’s not meaningless to people who follow Rl - that’s the point - and the point of difference .
Veni, vidi, vici
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

Fred wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:20 pm
It’s not meaningless to people who follow Rl - that’s the point - and the point of difference .
tell petey fwed , he implied its stupid to hold a dead rubber

ignorant fumblers can't comprehend the concept of higher honors
Country
state

club

they have & never will have anything but the last one
tiniest sport on the planet

so

so sad :cool:
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

It really doesn’t matter what Pete or I for that matter think - facts are facts . The dead rubber rates well - there is a pride in the game that the players and public have. Do I think it compromised the premiership season - of course- I think everyone knows this - but if you follow Rl you just accept this as a cost of having SoO. I think good on the ARL/NRL for having such a formidable concept and making it a success. I am sure the AFL would also love for it to be viable for their comp.
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Pete__09 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:19 pm

This post just shows how stupid you are pal. Totally ignorant. Totally cluless. Total fumble fool!
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:18 am
It really doesn’t matter what Pete or I for that matter think - facts are facts . The dead rubber rates well - there is a pride in the game that the players and public have. Do I think it compromised the premiership season - of course- I think everyone knows this - but if you follow Rl you just accept this as a cost of having SoO. I think good on the ARL/NRL for having such a formidable concept and making it a success. I am sure the AFL would also love for it to be viable for their comp.
An unusually lucid post Fredo. Well done pal.

And for the record: the reason SOO failed in fumble land has nothing to do with the domestic comp. It is simply because of the population disparity between Vic/SA/WA meaning Vic wins it almost every year. It is not a contest. And if its not a contest it fails as a concept. Which is exactly what happened.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

I have seen you state this previously and looked up the results of the history of SOO in Australian Rules. I think the last few years, from memory, there were some one sided results but not all. Having lived in that era my memory certainly was that the players and clubs valued the premiership more hence would try to get out of it or use it as a chance to rest niggling injuries. I agree, I do not think it was due to the National Comp thing. I will go back k and look at the results though to refresh my memory.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Found this - scroll down and there is a table. The other thing I think that worked against it was there being three states compared to two for Rl.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interst ... s_football

Some close games and some blow outs. I see a 2 point win to south Australia in the end years of the comp. I think when the Allies came into it it was dead and buried by then.
Veni, vidi, vici