Streaming companies want to broadcast AFL

Discuss the footy industry, crowds, tv ratings, memberships, sponsorships and the finances of all Australian football codes and clubs
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Re: Streaming companies want to broadcast AFL

Post by Terry »

WookieReturns wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:11 am
Terry wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:24 pm

Which part bummy? That Balmain leagues closed in 2008? That Balmain has only 2 board members out of 9? That Wests Ashfied are 90% owners of Wests Tigers? That Balmain leagues hardly invested in the football club?

Read Roy's beautiful article bummy. Explains all. The 2019 development was a 'takeover' not a merger. The Wests side charitably took 'em in. They could of just let 'em die and lose everything but decided for the sake of the football club to keep their name alive. They then paid off their debts with the vague hope that the developers of the derelict old club site would build 'em a new Balmain Leagues club and hand it back to 'em. Hasn't happened. Doubtful it ever will. Balmain Leagues contributed next to nothing to Wests Tigers.

Now point out what in my previous post was not true pal. And stop being so obsessive. It just makes ya look silly bummy.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/tigers ... 52lo9.html
Members will be asked to endorse what is termed an amalgamation but others would describe as an inevitable takeover by Wests Leagues.

Id say that it depends on your view - but reality is it was a merger. They could have let them die. They didnt.

Let it go of your obsessions mate. Let it go.

Oh dear!!! Your off the dial lately pal. Give it away. Your just making a fool of yaself!!!
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

WookieReturns wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:11 am
Terry wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:24 pm

Which part bummy? That Balmain leagues closed in 2008? That Balmain has only 2 board members out of 9? That Wests Ashfied are 90% owners of Wests Tigers? That Balmain leagues hardly invested in the football club?

Read Roy's beautiful article bummy. Explains all. The 2019 development was a 'takeover' not a merger. The Wests side charitably took 'em in. They could of just let 'em die and lose everything but decided for the sake of the football club to keep their name alive. They then paid off their debts with the vague hope that the developers of the derelict old club site would build 'em a new Balmain Leagues club and hand it back to 'em. Hasn't happened. Doubtful it ever will. Balmain Leagues contributed next to nothing to Wests Tigers.

Now point out what in my previous post was not true pal. And stop being so obsessive. It just makes ya look silly bummy.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/tigers ... 52lo9.html
Members will be asked to endorse what is termed an amalgamation but others would describe as an inevitable takeover by Wests Leagues.

Id say that it depends on your view - but reality is it was a merger. They could have let them die. They didnt.

Let it go of your obsessions mate. Let it go.
Letting Balmain Die would not go down with the Tiger Army.

Wests Best play was to takeover club as a majority as they have all the money..
"Balmain have a good fan base. that is why to keeping members on the board.
it was a win win from WEST"S
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Fred wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:31 pm
pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:23 pm
If Paramount continues to be a player in sports rights we may very well find ourselves getting substantially more for our rights next time - long before 2031.
I think this could have some merit - but it is all speculation. What we do know is that AFL gets substantially more than the NRL - dwarfs the NRL broadcast deal in fact. What will happen in 2028 is anyone's guess.
very interesting period of 2025 Negotiations by NRL
for deal 2028 to 2032 ( WHICH IS ALREADY SIGNED BY AFL) BAR 1 YEAR.
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

Terry wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:11 pm
TLPG wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:10 am
Then how come Balmain still had a leagues club a decade after the RL club merged with Western Suburbs hmm? I stand by what I said. And which Sydney based club has only been around for three years?

Pal, the Balmain leagues club hardly contributed anything to Wests Tigers before it was closed due to insolvency. The Ashfield Leagues club has always been the main contributor outside football related income.

This is why the Balmain side of the merger has virtually no say on the board (2 out of 9 members). The club is 75% owned by Wests Ashfield and 25% Balmain (which is really a gift). Without the merger Balmain Tigers would have been closed down.

This absolutely disproves your theory.
No it doesn't as consequent posts to this have proven - certainly with the merger in 2019 AFTER the Balmain Leagues Club closed it's doors (WAY after). That proves that even though they didn't have a venue, the business was still going. And I very much doubt the revenue (whatever there was of it pre venue closure) went anywhere but West Tigers. And I paid it a visit in the early 2000's and it was going nicely back then.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

TLPG wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:08 am
Then how come Balmain still had a leagues club a decade after the RL club merged with Western Suburbs hmm? I stand by what I said. And which Sydney based club has only been around for three years?

Pal, the Balmain leagues club hardly contributed anything to Wests Tigers before it was closed due to insolvency. The Ashfield Leagues club has always been the main contributor outside football related income.

This is why the Balmain side of the merger has virtually no say on the board (2 out of 9 members). The club is 75% owned by Wests Ashfield and 25% Balmain (which is really a gift). Without the merger Balmain Tigers would have been closed down.

No it doesn't as consequent posts to this have proven - certainly with the merger in 2019 AFTER the Balmain Leagues Club closed it's doors (WAY after). That proves that even though they didn't have a venue, the business was still going. And I very much doubt the revenue (whatever there was of it pre venue closure) went anywhere but West Tigers. And I paid it a visit in the early 2000's and it was going nicely back then.

YOU ARE CLUELESS PAL. AND YES I'M YELLING LOLOLOL!!!
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Balmain had not nothing to offer, they were in debt and Wests were the ones bankrolling the Tigers Brand.

Tigers Brand has a big supporter base, asset wise and money literally nothing anymore.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:06 pm

Balmain had not nothing to offer, they were in debt and Wests were the ones bankrolling the Tigers Brand.

Tigers Brand has a big supporter base, asset wise and money literally nothing anymore.

That's about it. But the fumblers all seem to assume they have special knowledge or authority on matters. They don't. I mean I've lived half my life in the area. And was a long term Balmain Leagues member before they closed the joint down. But what would I know????? Dills!!!!
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:06 pm

Bankrolling? Then how come it took until 2019 for the merger to happen? If they were bankrolling them the merger would have happened a lot sooner - like when the Leagues Club closed in 2010. But they didn't - that's why I made the comment I did. And I would call the Balmain supporter base an asset if they go to games. Better still - get that membership drive going.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Dare I say - “let it go”. :)
Veni, vidi, vici