AFL / NRL Finals TV Ratings

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

AFL / NRL Finals TV Ratings

Post by Fred »

Will the AFL blast all that come before it this finals series? It is game against game and no excuses as each game is played in clear air. So, let us sit back and watch - take the figures as they are without guessing or estimates and compare like for like. I am sure there will be those who want to muddy the waters so let's do it in categories.

FTA - 5 city metro

FTA Metro and Regional

Fox

Streaming (only real reported actual figures - not estimates)

FTA and Fox combined,

FTA, Fox, and Streaming (actual reported real figures) combined.

And for the right wing, left wing, conspiracy theorists we have Estimated Streaming - This ones a little fun where supporters can use whatever numbers they like to justify - go to your heart is content guys and girls - no questions, no disputing.
Veni, vidi, vici
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Re: Finals Ratings

Post by Beaussie »

I am confident the AFL finals will dominate the NRL finals series in the tv ratings. The AFL is already outrating Saturday night NRL in Brisbane. Be great if we could also see some streaming numbers though for comparisons.
truthbomber
Banned
Team: Cobar Roosters
Been liked: 57 times

Post by truthbomber »

Beaussie wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:22 pm
I am confident the AFL finals will dominate the NRL finals series in the tv ratings. The AFL is already outrating Saturday night NRL in Brisbane. Be great if we could also see some streaming numbers though for comparisons.
moron
the derpball is only beating the NRL in brisbane when the kitty kats are up against non broncos games
the bottom 4 broncos as bad as they are , are still attracting double the ratings as the top 4 paddle pop wions
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

truthbomber wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:52 pm
moron
the derpball is only beating the NRL in brisbane when the kitty kats are up against non broncos games
the bottom 4 broncos as bad as they are , are still attracting double the ratings as the top 4 paddle pop wions
LOL there was a time when the mere mention of the AFL possibly rating better than any NRL in Brisbane would have been laugh at. Not now. :wink:
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

moron
I think that the lions out rating the Rl in Brisbane is still a big thing… a milestone if you like. Shows a deep level of support. Look at Storm … are they outrating when yo against an afl game? If so, I also think that is a good sign and sn indication of growth there too.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

moron
So who do you think will win the finals ratings crapper ?
Veni, vidi, vici
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

Fred wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:56 am
moron
I think that the lions out rating the Rl in Brisbane is still a big thing… a milestone if you like. Shows a deep level of support. Look at Storm … are they outrating when yo against an afl game? If so, I also think that is a good sign and sn indication of growth there too.
hardly
its just shows the numb of sthn ex pat mongs in qld
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

Fred wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:00 am
moron
whos going to win the season total dopey ?
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

Fred wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:08 pm
Will the AFL blast all that come before it this finals series? It is game against game and no excuses as each game is played in clear air. So, let us sit back and watch - take the figures as they are without guessing or estimates and compare like for like. I am sure there will be those who want to muddy the waters so let's do it in categories.

FTA - 5 city metro

FTA Metro and Regional

Fox

FTA and Fox combined,

And for the right wing, left wing, conspiracy theorists we have Estimated Streaming - This ones a little fun where supporters can use whatever numbers they like to justify - go to your heart is content guys and girls - no questions, no disputing.
streaming is now easily calculated as a result of plenty of reported data
60% of foxtel ratings for the NRL watch on kayo
& 40% of the afls
the NRL win own the finals ratings here & on foxtel like they have all season
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

truthbomber wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:09 am

moron
who's going to win the season total dopey ?
I have no idea - but thread is about finals - for reasons stated. Was wondering who you thought would win. Let's say NRL win even without adding the ARL (SOO and Internationals etc,) into the mix to keep you happy - so that's done and dusted - who do you think will win the Finals? That' why I put this thread up as finals don't have all the excuses or mitigating factors both AFL and NRL people use - a good or better comparison I felt - so - who do you think will take the chocolates in the finals?

In the Grand final - it think it may come down to who is playing. I suspect Storm will help with NRL national ratings if they make it. Same goes for Swans or Lions in the AFL. Will be interesting. Would be interested in your genuine thoughts.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

truthbomber wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:13 am
Fred wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:08 pm

FTA - 5 city metro

FTA Metro and Regional

Fox

FTA and Fox combined,

streaming is now easily calculated as a result of plenty of reported data
60% of foxtel ratings for the NRL watch on kayo
& 40% of the afls
the NRL win own the finals ratings here & on foxtel like they have all season
Yep - and we have the forth category for that - go for it all you like under that one with estimated streaming numbers. (I'm just trying to keep it simple and avoid all the but but excuses where there is grey area - so yeah - go for it under Estimated Streaming heading with that. Feel free to make some predictions (as you have) under the others too -such as FTA 5 city, FTA Metro and Regional, and Streaming (Actual Reported numbers).
Veni, vidi, vici
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

Fred wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:58 am
truthbomber wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:09 am

who's going to win the season total dopey ?
I have no idea - but thread is about finals - for reasons stated. Was wondering who you thought would win. Let's say NRL win even without adding the ARL (SOO and Internationals etc,) into the mix to keep you happy - so that's done and dusted - who do you think will win the Finals? That' why I put this thread up as finals don't have all the excuses or mitigating factors both AFL and NRL people use - a good or better comparison I felt - so - who do you think will take the chocolates in the finals?

In the Grand final - it think it may come down to who is playing. I suspect Storm will help with NRL national ratings if they make it. Same goes for Swans or Lions in the AFL. Will be interesting. Would be interested in your genuine thoughts.
the NRL will win comp v comp & RL will decimate the afl with its rep reason included
so who cares about the finals
its over
done ...
the NRL is the most watched sporting comp in Oz , & rugby league , easily the most watched sport in australia ... again :cool:
These users liked the author truthbomber for the post:
Lookin back (Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:03 pm)
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Was just thinking as we move into finals we could look at that. They do provide clear air with each game shorn in isolation. I’ll take it from your avoidance that you feel the AFL would win.

What about the grand final. This has been a bit closer over the years with the nrl winning one year I think. I think it will depend on who is playing and more importantly where those teams are from. Melbourne playing would be a great boost to ratings in Melbourne for sure.
Veni, vidi, vici
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

Fred wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:33 am
Was just thinking as we move into finals we could look at that. They do provide clear air with each game shorn in isolation. I’ll take it from your avoidance that you feel the AFL would win.

What about the grand final. This has been a bit closer over the years with the nrl winning one year I think. I think it will depend on who is playing and more importantly where those teams are from. Melbourne playing would be a great boost to ratings in Melbourne for sure.
you can take it from me , that I don't care
the only thing that matters is the overall winner & we all know who that is eh

&
the NRL won one GF ratings battle one year did they ?
hahahaha
your lunacy never takes a break does it

the NRL has won many , many times over the years you halfwit :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

AFL will win the Final Series ratings overall everything included.

I think the AFL being more of a National Game over NRL>

really helps come finals time.
as every game becomes a must watch.