AFL / NRL Finals TV Ratings

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
truthbomber
Banned
Team: Cobar Roosters
Been liked: 57 times

Re: Finals Ratings

Post by truthbomber »

The Broncos in a qualifying final would have rated over 300K
hell

the Titans would have got 200K
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

its hilarious fumblers getting all circle jerky about the kitty kats in Brisbane

I'll give you a scenario to throw your soggy biscuit in the bin

The Brisbane Dolphins captained by Cameron Munster & Coached by Wayne Bennett V Brisbane Broncos
round 1 2023 at Suncorp Stadium

it will sellout the day tickets go on sale
& attract all media space in QLD for the 3 months leading up
it will be a black hole .. a vaccume for anything else that comes near it

a dose of reality for our fumbling mates
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

truthbomber wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:42 am
Fred wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:53 am
Yeah. Down 180 k. Wookie… do they report the margin of error in these results ? Would be interesting to know.
hahaha

margin of errors ?
just suck it up , your bleating about how good they'd be was way off ... pretty much like everything you say :(/ :(/ :(/
I didn’t think I bleated about how good they would be did I? I was staring who would have better ratings. But if I did go on about how good they would be I guess I would have been wrong hey. Still waiting on the rest.
Veni, vidi, vici
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Quolls2019 »

truthbomber wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:17 am
hell

But they didn’t, your statement is meaningless.
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach

Post by Quolls2019 »

truthbomber wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:58 am
its hilarious fumblers getting all circle jerky about the kitty kats in Brisbane

The Brisbane Dolphins captained by Cameron Munster & Coached by Wayne Bennett V Brisbane Broncos

Initially I agree that there will be sellouts, the future popularity will depend on both clubs success.
2 mediocre or poor “Brisbane” clubs will not be very very attractive.
As for “ attract all media space in QLD for the 3 months leading up
it will be a black hole .. a vaccume for anything else that comes near it ”
Why set yourself up for failure.
“Majority” may have been safer. I trust you will demonstrate this prediction at the time.
And having 2 teams in Brisbane called Brisbane is will make marketing difficult.
Seems to be a big prediction for the Dolphins….biggest issue is the “location” name.
My belief is that 2 teams in Brisbane will divide the market, when the initial euphoria is over, not add to it.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

You are saying a fictitious may or may not occur event is a dose of reality???? Come on Crapper.

But moving on from the ironic - lets say this fictitious set of scenarios occur. IT IS A RL STATE - ANYTHING LESS WOULD BE A DISASTER. ESPECIALLY FOR THE FIRST GAME.

When AFL folk talk about the following the Lions are getting they are simply stating facts for 1. That they out rated the Broncos in Brisbane one week at least. Rather than argue that fact - you go on with - yeah but - if the Bronco's were winning etc. etc. or if we had another team.... it's pathetic and the reason why people have moved away from this forum. Why not acknowledge that, for a non-dominant code, the AFL have done alright with the Lions. It would make a better man of you - rather than the childish crap that comes out most times. You would get more respect for one. and people may take your serious - or see you as more adult than child. Let the AFL have their day in the Sun whilst Lions are doing well - what do you care. Do you think if the Lions do well and AFL do well - it takes away from the NRL in anyway? Here's a tip - it doesn't. NRL is going nowhere - still the biggest code in Brisbane and QLD regardless of how well the Lions do - by a long way. It is good that the AFL has a strong supporter base here and a bigger than niche market I would say - but it does not compare to NRL or SoO or Internationals for RL. Sure, it would be good if RL had the same footprint and interest in say Victoria, or South Australia, or Western Australia, or Tassie, or Northern Territory or the AFL has as higher interest in Sydney as they do in Brisbane (hmmm - good topic for the AFL forum) ... but AFL has always had a large supporter base in QLD. It's just the way it is - and the Storm as well as nationalisation of TV coverage and news etc. has seen both codes grow, even the rl in Victoria et al. which is a good thing.
Veni, vidi, vici
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

Quolls2019 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:48 am

Initially I agree that there will be sellouts, the future popularity will depend on both clubs success.
2 mediocre or poor “Brisbane” clubs will not be very very attractive.
As for “ attract all media space in QLD for the 3 months leading up
it will be a black hole .. a vaccume for anything else that comes near it ”
Why set yourself up for failure.
“Majority” may have been safer. I trust you will demonstrate this prediction at the time.
And having 2 teams in Brisbane called Brisbane is will make marketing difficult.
Seems to be a big prediction for the Dolphins….biggest issue is the “location” name.
My belief is that 2 teams in Brisbane will divide the market, when the initial euphoria is over, not add to it.
hahaha
the amount of derp in this post is staggering
but then what would you expect from a bubble dwelling fumbler from dumbbourne

" having 2 teams named Brisbane will make marketing difficult "
8-[
:hmm:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :(/ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah
those poor fools in Manchester can never tell who anyone is talking about when they say Manchester United or Manchester city eh fumbler ?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :(/
OMG
one point ...

a city of nearing 3 million people & over it when including the sunshine coast only 30 minutes to redcliffes north can easily accomodate a 2nd team & when you consider there as many brisbanites who despise the broncos & their arrogance as much as follow them
the Dolphins will be an instant hit
They will recruit a very good outfit for their maiden year & a few years after & will be competitive from day one including the likes Cameron Munster , Sam Walker .. John Bateman & heaps of others who want to be involved.
Nope
the interest will be palpable

there will be an FTA covered game every week involving a brisbane side & knowing PVL he will schedule everyone one of them up against the paddle pop wions

poor ol kitty kats
back to being near insolvent & needing bailouts for the next 10 years they go :cool:
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

Fred wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:22 pm

You are saying a fictitious may or may not occur event is a dose of reality???? Come on Crapper.

But moving on from the ironic - lets say this fictitious set of scenarios occur. IT IS A RL STATE - ANYTHING LESS WOULD BE A DISASTER. ESPECIALLY FOR THE FIRST GAME.

When AFL folk talk about the following the Lions are getting they are simply stating facts for 1. That they out rated the Broncos in Brisbane one week at least. Rather than argue that fact - you go on with - yeah but - if the Bronco's were winning etc. etc. or if we had another team.... it's pathetic and the reason why people have moved away from this forum. Why not acknowledge that, for a non-dominant code, the AFL have done alright with the Lions. It would make a better man of you - rather than the childish crap that comes out most times. You would get more respect for one. and people may take your serious - or see you as more adult than child. Let the AFL have their day in the Sun whilst Lions are doing well - what do you care. Do you think if the Lions do well and AFL do well - it takes away from the NRL in anyway? Here's a tip - it doesn't. NRL is going nowhere - still the biggest code in Brisbane and QLD regardless of how well the Lions do - by a long way. It is good that the AFL has a strong supporter base here and a bigger than niche market I would say - but it does not compare to NRL or SoO or Internationals for RL. Sure, it would be good if RL had the same footprint and interest in say Victoria, or South Australia, or Western Australia, or Tassie, or Northern Territory or the AFL has as higher interest in Sydney as they do in Brisbane (hmmm - good topic for the AFL forum) ... but AFL has always had a large supporter base in QLD. It's just the way it is - and the Storm as well as nationalisation of TV coverage and news etc. has seen both codes grow, even the rl in Victoria et al. which is a good thing.
well I only had to look down one post to see an even bigger amount of derp from an NFI fumbler 8-[

facts can be interpreted
the wions got more on TV in brissie then the NRL.. lets wet our pants :(/ :(/ :(/ :rofl: :lol: :lol:

facts are these
they are up against dud all sydney or no qld match ups in the NRL
they have never & will never outrate the broncos even with them in the top 4 & the broncos in the bottom 4.. or even last year when they were dead last
& I stated they will will fall even further behind when the 2nd brisbane team enters the comp soaks up even more attention & media space
& only a bubble dwelling deluded fumbler would think this won't be the case

no need for feet stamping & tanties fumbler
just deal with it :cool:
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

Quolls2019 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:36 am
hell

but they would have fumbler , my statement is on point :cool:
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach

Post by Quolls2019 »

truthbomber wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:35 pm
hell

Would’ve, could’ve, didn’t.
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

Quolls2019 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:55 pm
truthbomber wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:35 pm

Would’ve, could’ve, didn’t.
only the first word is accurate derpster :cool:
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

truthbomber wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:34 pm

well I only had to look down one post to see an even bigger amount of derp from an NFI fumbler 8-[

facts can be interpreted
the wions got more on TV in brissie then the NRL.. lets wet our pants :(/ :(/ :(/ :rofl: :lol: :lol:

facts are these
they have never & will never outrate the broncos even with them in the top 4 & the broncos in the bottom 4.. or even last year when they were dead last
& I stated they will will fall even further behind when the 2nd brisbane team enters the comp soaks up even more attention & media space

Just to be clear… I am not saying Lions are bigger the broncos or nrl in Qld. All that is being observed is that the Lions rated reasonably well and better than an NRL match. That’s a good effort in a non traditional market. If they rated poorly you could rightly have a go at that.

So I am curious, what do you think a ratings market is that would say to you that the Lions are doing well with their ratings? Would be good to know what your idea of a good rating for the lions is.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

truthbomber wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:34 pm

facts can be interpreted

facts are these

This whole thing is a straw man arguement that had nothing to do with the Lions ratings. I’d is really clutching at straws to use some ficticious scenario to put up as an arguement. It’s really quite amazing and seems to be conceding when you can’t use actual real life situations.
Veni, vidi, vici
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

now that would be a interesting lead into a game.
and so close to reality

(WOULD BE HUGE)
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

[/quote]

Just to be clear… I am not saying Lions are bigger the broncos or nrl in Qld. All that is being observed is that the Lions rated reasonably well and better than an NRL match. That’s a good effort in a non traditional market. If they rated poorly you could rightly have a go at that.

So I am curious, what do you think a ratings market is that would say to you that the Lions are doing well with their ratings? Would be good to know what your idea of a good rating for the lions is.
[/quote]

the LIONS getting around that 80k to 90k is pretty good ratings for the Brissy Market i would say.

it is like the swans they need to be successful to pull alright figures.

just 3 years ago.

Brisbane Lions were getting barley 25k per game..

3 years of making TOP 4 will propel you to success usually