AFL in Central Queensland

Australian Football news and discussion.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

AFL in Central Queensland

Post by Fred »

https://apple.news/Ad9QvFGMuRK661sB8mERsaw

This article talks about how one team”s record breaking winning streak is growing the game of Ausstralian Rules in the area.

Whilst it does speak to the length amd breadth of Aussie rules permeating it’s presence across this wide brown land, one does have to wonder as to the quality of the league when this team wins games by very large margins week in and week out. I guess the article does state it is Rl heartland that “afl” has this presence.

Please read and discuss:
Veni, vidi, vici
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Re: AFL in Central Queensland

Post by Quolls2019 »

Fred wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:46 pm

This article talks about how one team”s record breaking winning streak is growing the game of Ausstralian Rules in the area.

Whilst it does speak to the length amd breadth of Aussie rules permeating it’s presence across this wide brown land, one does have to wonder as to the quality of the league when this team wins games by very large margins week in and week out. I guess the article does state it is Rl heartland that “afl” has this presence.

Please read and discuss:
I would have thought that a more even competition would be a better attraction for new participants and converts.
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

Rockhampton and Gladstone has been struggling in more recent times and Yeppoon have taken advantage of this. AFL Capricornia isn't the weakest competition in the state (I think that falls to AFL Wide Bay a little further south). But this past weekend the Swans didn't get a huge win. The streak is up to 120 now I think.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
truthbomber
Banned
Team: Cobar Roosters
Been liked: 57 times

Post by truthbomber »

Fred wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:46 pm

Please read and discuss:
proof the sport is as weak as piss in central QLD
thanks fweddy :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :[] :[] :[] :[]
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

TLPG wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:12 pm
Rockhampton and Gladstone has been struggling in more recent times and Yeppoon have taken advantage of this. AFL Capricornia isn't the weakest competition in the state (I think that falls to AFL Wide Bay a little further south). But this past weekend the Swans didn't get a huge win. The streak is up to 120 now I think.
What I like though is that almost no matter where you go in Australia you can play AFL both senior and junior level. I know you can with most sports although RU and RL you can't.

spending a bit of time in Port douglas these days the AFL presence. I know the two NRL nuffies on here will have a meltdown - but them the facts.

and 1 . 2 . 3 ........ go

Thank god I have them on ignore :)
Veni, vidi, vici
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

Fred wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:57 pm
What I like though is that almost no matter where you go in Australia you can play AFL both senior and junior level. I know you can with most sports although RU and RL you can't.

spending a bit of time in Port douglas these days the AFL presence. I know the two NRL nuffies on here will have a meltdown - but them the facts.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :(/
noodle armed unco white twerps need a sport to play too fweddy , they play vicderpian rules ... because they can't play anything else :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :(/
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

truthbomber wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:34 pm

noodle armed unco white twerps need a sport to play too fweddy , they play vicderpian rules ... because they can't play anything else :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :(/
Meltdown as predicted. Well done, Fred, although it was probably visible from the other side of Lake Eyre!

Funny though - they play Aussie rules and Rockhampton and Gladstone (and Yeppoon). But where's the thugby in Victoria, SA, WA and Tasmania? I can wait! :mrgreen:
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

I think WA has a small Rl comp around perth.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Melbourne’s is growing but generally about 12 or 13 teams - no country teams last time I looked. And Tassie had none. SA about 4 clubs but it has been a while since I looked it up.

I did note in Melbourne crown area where I had been for a conference the bar had the Rl on the TVs Thursday night )bo afl on- but still this is a big change. So some inroads there.
Veni, vidi, vici
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

TLPG wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:42 am

Meltdown as predicted. Well done, Fred, although it was probably visible from the other side of Lake Eyre!

Funny though - they play Aussie rules and Rockhampton and Gladstone (and Yeppoon). But where's the thugby in Victoria, SA, WA and Tasmania? I can wait! :mrgreen:
they play soccer in central qld too
& its about as popular a sport in qld as the derps n misses ....in that its not popular at all :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/

QLD
RL 1st

2nd.... daylight :cool:
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Quolls2019 »

truthbomber wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:34 pm
TLPG wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:42 am

they play soccer in central qld too
& its about as popular a sport in qld as the derps n misses ....in that its not popular at all :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/

QLD
RL 1st

2nd.... daylight :cool:

Qld, NSW, AFL 2nd…distance arguable.

Vic, WA, SA, Tas…Australian Rules…yes it does…RL…..4th, 5th, maybe less….does anyone care in those states…..very few..
Vic, SA, WA,
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

I would actually suggest that RL being number 1 in Queensland is debatable! It sure as heck isn't number one in Cairns, Mackay, the Sunshine Coast or the Darling Downs! And Aussie Rules is more than competitive in Brisbane and on the Gold Coast! The only other places I would give RL the definite lead is Townsville and maybe Mount Isa. Aside from Rocky, Gladstone and Bundy of course.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

TLPG wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:34 pm
I would actually suggest that RL being number 1 in Queensland is debatable!
:hmm:

8-[

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/

OMFG
the delusion
the lives in a bubble & can't find the zip .. delusion

there is no sport that comes anyhwere near RL in QLD from the tweed river to cooktown

some noodle armed unco expat sthn fuckwits giggling & missing in Cairns ... does not make it the numb one sport
again
Cairns

1st RL

2nd daylight :cool:
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

As someone who follows the Aussie rules leagues in Queensland I can tell you that you are not correct.

Live with it.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

TLPG wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:47 pm
As someone who follows the Aussie rules leagues in Queensland I can tell you that you are not correct.

Live with it.

Who follows?????? Where do ya live pal?????