How Easy is it to play AFL??? Very it seems!!!!!!!

Australian Football news and discussion.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

How Easy is it to play AFL??? Very it seems!!!!!!!

Post by Terry »

Qld Reds player Angus Blyth revealed he was offered a contract by the Australian Fumbling League's Sun's when he was 18 years old. He said, "I hadn't ever played a game of AFL in my life. I'd only ever seen about 2 games on TV & hadn't really kicked a ball. They offered me a lot more money than Rugby so I thought seriously about it".

So there ya have it folks. You can make it into the AFL without ever playing a game, knowing the rules or even watching the mess. How easy is that????? Yep...........incredibly!!!!!!!! This is how they make a yank, whose greatest athletic achievement was being a training partner for a ladies b/ball team, a star!!!!!! Incredible stuff. This has gotta be the worlds easiest, so called sport, to play. Un-coordinated, un-skilled, bumbling, stumbling mess of a game!!!!!

https://metros.smedia.com.au/thedailyte ... ion=NCTELE
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Re: How Easy is it to play AFL??? Very it seems!!!!!!!

Post by Quolls2019 »

He didn’t play...he didn’t make it....this is a weak argument, statement, philosophy even for you.
Marketing strategy the same as Hunt and Folau. Waste of money and time.
At the best hunt was ok, Folau wasn’t.

And at the time they were the best both rugby codes had and they didn’t make it.
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Quolls2019 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:11 pm
He didn’t play...he didn’t make it....this is a weak argument, statement, philosophy even for you.
Marketing strategy the same as Hunt and Folau. Waste of money and time.
At the best hunt was ok, Folau wasn’t.

And at the time they were the best both rugby codes had and they didn’t make it.
Weak response ineQuollity!!! The bloke was an unknown in any sport when he got the offer. It had zero to do with marketing and everything to do with getting a bloke who had never played a game of fumbling & making him a star. Just like the yank ladies b/ball training partner. Easiest game in the world to play!!!

And Folau??????? Do I need to get back into the goldfish bowl with Kelvin Shedley's view that he was the greatest athlete he had ever seen????? Surely not!!!!!! Please do better ineQuollity!!!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

Its irrelevant if he got some sort of offer whats relevant is if he made the grade and played an AFL game.

Its hardly unusual for an AFL side to try an athlete to see if they adapt to the game quickly.

If it requires no skill why dont players with decent skill in the VFL etc just walk in and play on a lucrative contract?
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach

Post by Quolls2019 »

Well, chump, we agree to disagree On something that is done and dusted, and as I said, a bit of a waste of time and money.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Quolls2019 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:53 pm
Well, chump, we agree to disagree On something that is done and dusted, and as I said, a bit of a waste of time and money.
Maybe we should give Kevin Sheedy the final say.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach

Post by Quolls2019 »

A great athlete...does not necessarily make a great Australian rules player..
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Quolls2019 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:48 am
Yeah..........I agree 100% with that!!!!!! A not so great athlete can also make a great Australian Rules player lololololololol!!!!!!!!! It has been proven many many times!!!!! Please see yank ladies b/ball team training partner for evidence lololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:18 pm
Yeah..........I agree 100% with that!!!!!! A not so great athlete can also make a great Australian Rules player lololololololol!!!!!!!!! It has been proven many many times!!!!! Please see yank ladies b/ball team training partner for evidence lololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!
your logic is hilarious. If it were so easy why doesnt everyone become an AFL player on big money?
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:23 pm
your logic is hilarious. If it were so easy why doesnt everyone become an AFL player on big money?
Ummmm.......because there are only 18 players allowed on the ground for each team. So everyone cannot play. Seems pretty obvious pal!!!! Doesn't mean unco chumps don't make the grade. They do.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:29 pm

Ummmm.......because there are only 18 players allowed on the ground for each team. So everyone cannot play. Seems pretty obvious pal!!!! Doesn't mean unco chumps don't make the grade. They do.
the top 800 people playing Aussie rules make the grade onto an AFL list. Of those around 500 would get a game regularly. 500 out of 24mil. So so easy :lol:
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:34 pm

the top 800 people playing Aussie rules make the grade onto an AFL list. Of those around 500 would get a game regularly. 500 out of 24mil. So so easy :lol:
Pal, once again you seem to miss the point. I know how many ppl play the mess. It is irrelevant to this argument. It has been proven that unco athletic chumps with no experience in AFL have made it to the top in your ugly mess of a game. Please research yankee ladies b/ball training partner. It ain't that hard pal!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:41 pm

Pal, once again you seem to miss the point. I know how many ppl play the mess. It is irrelevant to this argument. It has been proven that unco athletic chumps with no experience in AFL have made it to the top in your ugly mess of a game. Please research yankee ladies b/ball training partner. It ain't that hard pal!!!!
of course it's relevant. Many talented and athletic players in lower leagues bust their gut to play AFL and dont make it.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:48 pm

of course it's relevant. Many talented and athletic players in lower leagues bust their gut to play AFL and dont make it.
Yes pal. Once again 100% correct. It's just that ppl like the yankee ladies university b/ball training partner is apparently much better than 'em lololololololololol!!!!!!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:52 pm
NlolRL wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:48 pm

Yes pal. Once again 100% correct. It's just that ppl like the yankee ladies university b/ball training partner is apparently much better than 'em lololololololololol!!!!!!!!!
amazingly, Australia doesnt have an endless supply of 6'10" athletes who can compete in aussie rules. Many are lost to basketball. If Cox wasnt a unique size he wouldnt compete and therefore wouldnt play. Similar with AFL players making kickers in the NFL. They have no experience in the game but can dominate in that position with minimal training. These are specific roles where their size or skills make them competitive.