Ex-NFL star celebrates AFL return

Football development and expansion overseas. Which code is the biggest? Fight it out in here.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Ex-NFL star celebrates AFL return

Post by Beaussie »

Ex-NFL star celebrates AFL return after ‘one-night-stand’ with the sport

Former NFL punter Pat McAfee is excited to watch Australian rules football again.

Former NFL punter Pat McAfee is encouraging Americans to get on board with the AFL ahead of the season restart next Thursday, saying it’s “a sport you’re gonna fall in love with”.

McAfee, who played eight seasons for the Indianapolis Colts, became entranced by Australian rules football after coming across Round 1’s Essendon vs Fremantle game on American television.

With Collingwood and Richmond facing off at the MCG to restart the season, McAfee spread the good news via his popular webcast The Pat McAfee Show.

“Less than a week from today, the AFL is back in Australia, Aussie rules football!”, he said to cheers, before holding up a Sherrin and explaining its heritage.

“June 11th, 5:30AM, DVR it, Fox Sports One, the AFL is a sport you’re gonna fall in love with.

“In that game on June 11 at 5:30AM there’s an American, the only American that has ever really done well in the AFL. He’s six-foot-ten. Mason Cox, also goes by the name ‘Coxzilla’. He’s good at the sport, it’s not just like we have an American that’s over there, we have a guy that’s good at the sport.

“There’s kicking, there’s action, there’s tackling, there’s this, there’s that, it’s a great sport. I had a one-night-stand with it right before sports went on hiatus and I cant wait for it to come back.”

In a slight setback for McAfee’s excitement, Mason Cox might not be ready for the round two restart as he continues to battle a knee injury.

McAfee’s endorsement isn’t the only breakthrough for the code in America; it was revealed on Friday that Fox Footy commentator and Collingwood president Eddie McGuire will be presenting a one-hour AFL radio show into the US for the rest of the season.

McGuire will host Aussie Football Rules America on Thursday nights at 6pm (USET) on SiriusXM — the leading audio entertainment company in the US. Games will also be aired on the platform when the revamped 2020 season resumes next week.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-20 ... bb31696738
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: Ex-NFL star celebrates AFL return

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Punter.
Lol star ...lol lol lol
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

Looks like AFL is trying to get into the North American market just like Rugby League.

I still think Rugby League has more of a chance in gaining fans over there due to the sport being more similar to Gridiron than than Aussie rules is.

Will be interesting to see how AFL approach the U.S.

Seems to be some talent in California for RL and a team is still planned for New York.

LA Mongrel VS San Francisco Savage

RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
🇭🇲
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
NZ ..didn't want afl
China ..lol
USA no hope .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o