COVID-19 Affects it will have on Australian footy codes

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Posts: 18479
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:49 am
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Location:
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 42 times

Re: COVID-19 Affects it will have on Australian footy codes

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Fred wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:10 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 9:29 am
You are altering the facts to try to back up your fantasies .
Show anywhere where Greenberg was sacked due to the restart announcement...lol I'll wait
The agaenda was started by Fairfax wanting to know why no $$$ were saved by the ARLC .

It had nothing to do with these made up board scenarios you keep posting .
So feel free to post something to back up this shit ,
& by something I mean a source ......not one of your theories .

& just for the lols
Please post again
I know I'm right .
It's great comedy

& still avoiding where was the pr disaster except for screaming Fairfax headlines
No where .although you get excited over it
As you keep ignoring .
The dates
The govt clearances were all true ..so how can there be a disaster when things said by the NRl were spot on
So where is the disaster except in Ch 9 s agenda & your fantasies
Try to address this without weird theories
Or ranting crap .

1. As mentioned ... you don’t sack someone in the middle is the biggest crisis to hit the game because you think they”re capable of managing that crisis. Again, he was sacked very soon after the announcement where those who should have know where expressing bewilderment at not being informed.... this was in press conferences not reports of you media conspiracy. Opinion peices may have been in those papers which is fine but that FACT premiers were stating they hadn’t seen any plans was beyond belief. That you can’t seem to acknowledge that also seems unbelievable, albeit consistent. I think I have told you this several times but you keep asking the same thing. If you are looking for a smoking gun where V’landys comes out and says I am sacking Todd Greenberg because he was incompetent and the final straw was the release date fuck up ... well you are not going to get him saying that. I know that is hard for you because it either is and it isn’t (and you are probably thinking ... “well of course it is)” but that’s really not how the world works. I am drawing a conclusion based on several things happening and from where I sit it was total clusterfuck that the nrl even allowed for there to be so much for the media to scorn them on... which wasn’t hard given all the people, from clubs, to politicians, to medical officers, all expressing either they weren’t informed, had yet to see a plan, or thought it was not a good idea. The fact that these people where not all over this and up to date and felt they were working in collaboration was the fuck up. Again, V’landys gets this ... hence his actions to take over and get rid of someone who was obviously not up to the job. I think Goldberg was on thin ice anyway... but that could have waited but to have to feel like he needed to be sacked right then and there ... the clusterfuck surrounding the press release of the date of return certainly highlighted his incompetence and forced him to act.

I am right. Of course I’m right. Of course you are free to disagree with me and all I say.... which you are doing. That’s fine. We will just have to leave it at that. I don’t want to get into one of your and lic continued round about of trying to convince the other they are wrong or right. I’m pretty sure I’m right. You probably think you are right. So I will try and leave it there as nothing I can say will change your mind and vice versus.

On Gil... I’m not overly a big fan to be honest. He was handed a golden egg laying goose. He was fortunate the afl was in a far superior financial position and could take a slowly slowly approach. I think that was wise and fortunate as I think that should the circumstances have necessitated it and he had to get going ASAP I don’t think he would have done nearly the job V’landys has done since he took over the dirty work from Greenberg.
Another load of waffling gibberish with nothing to back it up except your version of events .

When you have something other than your imagination get back to me
I'm sure you're wrong .
& isn't it amazing how you keep ignoring where I say the NRl were right with dates & assurances
So there was no clusterfuck
No pr disaster except by Fairfax & you .

Simply put & you can't seem to grasp it
It has been proven that the nrl were talking the truth re dates ..assurances etc
Then how can it be what you claim .

I'll expect a waffling reply that ignores this fact .


LIC self ownage
Lol $10 NRL tickets.$10 NRL tickets .How pathetic is that ?
Crickets chirping after I post $5 AFlol tickets .
Self ownage ..no one does it better .

Fred
Coach
Coach
Posts: 7299
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:13 am
Team: Collingwood
Location: Gold Coast
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 76 times

Re: COVID-19 Affects it will have on Australian footy codes

Post by Fred »

I’m not playing this game you and lic played. See my posts above for facts and summation. If you don’t get it or agree that’s fine. My next response will simply state. See above and reread. I simply can’t make it more simpler.


Veni, vidi, vici

AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Posts: 18479
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:49 am
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Location:
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 42 times

Re: COVID-19 Affects it will have on Australian footy codes

Post by AFLcrap1 »

So that's a no
When asked a question you can't answer about your repeated claims of pr disaster & clusterfuck
You don't want to answer .
Lol
lol
Lol
It's a simple question relating to what you keep posting .
& funny you should mention LIC
He can't back up his claims with any proof either .

Next ..
This ones done


LIC self ownage
Lol $10 NRL tickets.$10 NRL tickets .How pathetic is that ?
Crickets chirping after I post $5 AFlol tickets .
Self ownage ..no one does it better .

User avatar
leeroy*NRL*
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4539
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:54 pm
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Location:
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 18 times

Re: COVID-19 Affects it will have on Australian footy codes

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

We could finally see this year's AFL G.F on the Saturday Night, If racing doesn't budge on the day.

Either this or AFL plays the week after..



Fred
Coach
Coach
Posts: 7299
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:13 am
Team: Collingwood
Location: Gold Coast
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 76 times

Re: COVID-19 Affects it will have on Australian footy codes

Post by Fred »

See above. Again.


Veni, vidi, vici

Fred
Coach
Coach
Posts: 7299
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:13 am
Team: Collingwood
Location: Gold Coast
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 76 times

Re: COVID-19 Affects it will have on Australian footy codes

Post by Fred »

leeroy*NRL* wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 8:46 am
We could finally see this year's AFL G.F on the Saturday Night, If racing doesn't budge on the day.

Either this or AFL plays the week after..
I thought the afl would offer this to sweater the broadcast revenue. For years the afl have been offered more to play it at night due to higher ratings for that time... if they play at night they may be able to reduce the reduction for the season. Thoughts?


Veni, vidi, vici

Fred
Coach
Coach
Posts: 7299
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:13 am
Team: Collingwood
Location: Gold Coast
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 76 times

Re: COVID-19 Affects it will have on Australian footy codes

Post by Fred »

AFLcrap1 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 7:30 am
So that's a no
When asked a question you can't answer about your repeated claims of pr disaster & clusterfuck
You don't want to answer .
Lol
lol
Lol
It's a simple question relating to what you keep posting .
& funny you should mention LIC
He can't back up his claims with any proof either .

Next ..
This ones done
You know what ... you are completely right ... 100 percent correct.


Veni, vidi, vici

User avatar
leeroy*NRL*
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4539
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:54 pm
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Location:
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 18 times

Re: COVID-19 Affects it will have on Australian footy codes

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Fred wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 8:48 am
leeroy*NRL* wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 8:46 am
We could finally see this year's AFL G.F on the Saturday Night, If racing doesn't budge on the day.

Either this or AFL plays the week after..
I thought the afl would offer this to sweater the broadcast revenue. For years the afl have been offered more to play it at night due to higher ratings for that time... if they play at night they may be able to reduce the reduction for the season. Thoughts?
The question is how much more $$ can the AFL make
By putting the Grand Final to Night time.

Any info you have on broadcasters stating how much
A change would produce..?

How much more viewers would it actually produce.
It's all Unkown until tested.

In my opinion i don't think the figures would change much and at best proudce maybe 5% lift..

People of the nation already know when the AFL G.F is on..

And to point to neutral viewers are more at primetime
Yes correct. But there is also many other better programs
During this period.

With regards to reducing season
No AFL
I don't think will do this

To much value in per round.
And nothing else to offer outside of season
To broadcasters..



Fred
Coach
Coach
Posts: 7299
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:13 am
Team: Collingwood
Location: Gold Coast
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 76 times

Re: COVID-19 Affects it will have on Australian footy codes

Post by Fred »

I believe that 7 has constantly requested to have night time grand final and the afl have resisted for many deals now. I Would think it is much more valuable to 7 to have the game in prone time as it is an event that if you are home many more would likely watch. Take me... if I’m home on a saturday afternoon and I could go to the beach, or to a friends or do something with the day I would rather than watch an nrl grand final without Storm. But if I’m home on a Saturday night and watching tv anyway... I’ll flick over. I do agree that Saturday night is far less valuable than a Sunday night because I’d be likely out Saturday night as most people are home Sunday night. Hmmm ... yes I agree maybe not worth as much if a Saturday night.


Veni, vidi, vici

Terry
Coach
Coach
Posts: 3218
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:19 pm
Team: Wests Tigers
Location:
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 40 times

Re: COVID-19 Affects it will have on Australian footy codes

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 1:06 pm
I believe that 7 has constantly requested to have night time grand final and the afl have resisted for many deals now. I Would think it is much more valuable to 7 to have the game in prone time as it is an event that if you are home many more would likely watch. Take me... if I’m home on a saturday afternoon and I could go to the beach, or to a friends or do something with the day I would rather than watch an nrl grand final without Storm. But if I’m home on a Saturday night and watching tv anyway... I’ll flick over. I do agree that Saturday night is far less valuable than a Sunday night because I’d be likely out Saturday night as most people are home Sunday night. Hmmm ... yes I agree maybe not worth as much if a Saturday night.
Well Frederico...........folk have been saying for years that a night time GF would rate higher and be worth more $$$$$$$. If they do it this year we shall see. I see that they're talking about Saturday 24 October. At this stage a T20 game between Australia & Pakistan is scheduled for that date. It might be cancelled but if it goes ahead that'd be a large chunk of ratings the AFL won't get.



Fred
Coach
Coach
Posts: 7299
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:13 am
Team: Collingwood
Location: Gold Coast
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 76 times

Re: COVID-19 Affects it will have on Australian footy codes

Post by Fred »

Agreed. I think Sunday night is where you’d get extra ratings. Saturday night... the casual viewer will still go out I think.


Veni, vidi, vici

User avatar
leeroy*NRL*
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4539
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:54 pm
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Location:
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 18 times

Re: COVID-19 Affects it will have on Australian footy codes

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

for the networks i think it has more to do with Ratings wins during primetime.. therefore wanting big events during primetime.

Channel 7 already charge 100k plus per advert during the grand final broadcast..
how much would it really go up by??


Now we look at the NRL> where there is speculation it may return to a Afternoon timeslot of 3pm this year..



AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Posts: 18479
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:49 am
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Location:
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 42 times

Re: COVID-19 Affects it will have on Australian footy codes

Post by AFLcrap1 »

leeroy*NRL* wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 12:24 pm
Fred wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 8:48 am
leeroy*NRL* wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 8:46 am
We could finally see this year's AFL G.F on the Saturday Night, If racing doesn't budge on the day.

Either this or AFL plays the week after..
I thought the afl would offer this to sweater the broadcast revenue. For years the afl have been offered more to play it at night due to higher ratings for that time... if they play at night they may be able to reduce the reduction for the season. Thoughts?
The question is how much more $$ can the AFL make
By putting the Grand Final to Night time.

Any info you have on broadcasters stating how much
A change would produce..?

How much more viewers would it actually produce.
It's all Unkown until tested.

In my opinion i don't think the figures would change much and at best proudce maybe 5% lift..

People of the nation already know when the AFL G.F is on..

And to point to neutral viewers are more at primetime
Yes correct. But there is also many other better programs
During this period.

With regards to reducing season
No AFL
I don't think will do this

To much value in per round.
And nothing else to offer outside of season
To broadcasters..
Had this argument many times
The usual NRL GF is in prime time
So more viewers
There might be more people watching ..at that time but there's also other top rating programs going up against it taking viewers away .
The Aflol GF while not in prime time is up against lol.50 yr old Elvis re runs that have been aired many many times
It has no competition ..so while not in prime time it doesn't have viewers taken away by other shows
Then there's the old excuse trotted out that Sat Arvos people work etc ..while this is true to an extent the simple fact is that anyone who wants to watch can .
The GF date is set early in the year.
People who are rostered on to work have plenty of time to request an RDO ..or day off
Or swap someone who hasn't any interest in watching .
There's no excuse for not being able to watch when you have at least 6 months to organise things .

I've been rostered on many SOO nights & always manage to find someone to swap who has no interest in football .

It's just the usual excuses trotted out by afl fans when they can't accept getting beaten in ratings .
As for more casual viewers .
Prob true
But it's conveintly overlooked again that there is far better shows on in prime time to interest the casual viewer .


LIC self ownage
Lol $10 NRL tickets.$10 NRL tickets .How pathetic is that ?
Crickets chirping after I post $5 AFlol tickets .
Self ownage ..no one does it better .

User avatar
leeroy*NRL*
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4539
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:54 pm
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Location:
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 18 times

Re: COVID-19 Affects it will have on Australian footy codes

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Yeah 100% agree



Fred
Coach
Coach
Posts: 7299
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:13 am
Team: Collingwood
Location: Gold Coast
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 76 times

Re: COVID-19 Affects it will have on Australian footy codes

Post by Fred »

I think those who watch will watch whenever it is on. That’s a given I think. If you’re not a major fan but like sport and you’re home you may likely put it on even for a bit but if there’s another things to be doing you may go out and do that. Or you may watch another show ... so I think it is those viewers they hope to catch in the net so to speak. That why I reckon Sunday night is the the time to show it... people are generally home in front of the tv anyway and there would be some who will watch who otherwise wouldn’t. Saturday night, the more I think about it, wouldn’t really attract more than those who were going to watch anyway... particuarly as they ratings are only estimates Yu ain’t a radom sample.


Veni, vidi, vici

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AFLcrap1, Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 12 guests