Looking forward sunny days at Brookie. No wonder Melbourne people are always jealous of Sydney.

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Re: Looking forward sunny days at Brookie. No wonder Melbourne people are always jealous of Sydney.

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

leagueiscrap wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:37 pm
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:45 pm
leagueiscrap wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:01 pm

https://global.vic.gov.au/victorias-cap ... eable-city

it won the award 7 years in a row!

aside from the harbour, the bridge a few beaches and so on Sydney is a complete and utter shit hole! its design to well lack of is tidally shit, the night life is dull and shit, filled with portentous wannabes and hero bogan nrl fans, the pricing of everything is way over valued mainly due to it being the main financial district and most populated business centre of Australia

its road network is shit
its trains and public transport system is dated and shit
the city of far over populated and takes ages to get anywhere on narrow roads that lead any where

but when again to the stereo type nrl fan who spends their time locked away in the basement of their parents house this wouldn't apply as it doesn't effect them other than the odd trip to Centrelink of the local bogan watering hole
Sydney's Bogans seem to be doing a lot better than Melbourne hipsters with the value of their homes though.

Why can't Melbourne's best suburb Toorak even make Sydney's top 10 in house values?? :lol:

Bro Sydney is way out of your league. Pick on Adelaide. :wink:

Gold Coast is up there with Sydney though. I like it there. :cool:

House Values Sydney vs Melbourne
https://upside.com.au/articles/news/hou ... uburbs-map
read the part about Sydney being the financial capital of Australia. most of the banks, insurance, finance firms etc are based in Sydney..
those bogans who you think are the wealthy ones, only explains how little idea you have of reality :wave:

learn about the basis geographic of Sydney before trying to comment about prices. Sydney has limited land supply eg its built in by national parks and built along the ocean.

I noticed you didn't comment on
the shit house lay out of Sydney
the narrow roads
the very dated shit house public transport infrastructure
the dull night life and those lock out laws :wave:
bragging about who has the more million dollar suburbs only proves you have NFI about reality or the concept of money!

and you still didn't comment on Melbourne winning worlds most liveable city 7 years in a row :wave:

yet in the limited mind of a basement dwelling nrl fan those are the the reasons why Sydney is better!
but but harbour and beaches! like your going to visit and stair at the bridge or opera house every day

to be fair I consider both Sydney and Melbourne to be both shit holes and vastly over populated people spend hrs every day in traffic or on public transport just to get to and from work! (something you wouldn't know about)
lifes to short and valuable for that shit and time should be spent spending it with friends (something I doubt you know about)

on the bright side league is the working mans game and union is the private school and white collar workers game! your kind would be out mt Druitt, merry lands, Blacktown etc :)))
You still can't answer why Sydney blows Melbourne out of the water with house values? :cheers:

Your comparing Datsun Melbourne with Ferrari Sydney.

No matter what you do to that Datsun, it will never compare to the Ferrari.
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
🇭🇲
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach

Re: Looking forward sunny days at Brookie. No wonder Melbourne people are always jealous of Sydney.

Fred wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:54 pm
You travelled around the gold coast in peak hour? Lights sit on red forever for some reason. Traffic is pretty bad - worse than Melbourne CBD for sure.
Better than Sydney and driving around the CBD and surrounds but seriously- what isn't.
The Gold Coast kills Melbourne.
Way nicer place.

No dirty brown river on the Gold Coast.
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
🇭🇲

UK Rugby League
Cats_Steve
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Geelong
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Cats_Steve »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:19 pm

Sydney's Bogans seem to be doing a lot better than Melbourne hipsters with the value of their homes though.

Why can't Melbourne's best suburb Toorak even make Sydney's top 10 in house values?? :lol:

read the part about Sydney being the financial capital of Australia. most of the banks, insurance, finance firms etc are based in Sydney..
those bogans who you think are the wealthy ones, only explains how little idea you have of reality :wave:

learn about the basis geographic of Sydney before trying to comment about prices. Sydney has limited land supply eg its built in by national parks and built along the ocean.

the narrow roads
bragging about who has the more million dollar suburbs only proves you have NFI about reality or the concept of money!

and you still didn't comment on Melbourne winning worlds most liveable city 7 years in a row :wave:

yet in the limited mind of a basement dwelling nrl fan those are the the reasons why Sydney is better!
but but harbour and beaches! like your going to visit and stair at the bridge or opera house every day

to be fair I consider both Sydney and Melbourne to be both shit holes and vastly over populated people spend hrs every day in traffic or on public transport just to get to and from work! (something you wouldn't know about)
lifes to short and valuable for that shit and time should be spent spending it with friends (something I doubt you know about)

on the bright side league is the working mans game and union is the private school and white collar workers game! your kind would be out mt Druitt, merry lands, Blacktown etc :)))
You still can't answer why Sydney blows Melbourne out of the water with house values? :cheers:

You gunna share which of these elite suburbs you live in? And why you're so incredibly proud?
Never realised quite how much hate there was for AFL from our Northern friends.
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

the narrow roads

the only reason why Sydneys house proses are higher is Sydney is just such a shit design of a city. built near the ocean and around a harbour. meaning its got limited land supply

Melbourne has near endless land supply

Sydney is nothing more than a pig in make up
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach

leagueiscrap wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:11 pm

the narrow roads

the only reason why Sydneys house proses are higher is Sydney is just such a shit design of a city. built near the ocean and around a harbour. meaning its got limited land supply

Plenty of land supply here still.
The simple fact is Melbourne has no decent surfing beaches or waterways in the city area.
All you have is that shit brown Yarra river. Which is hardly an incentive to pay higher prices than Sydney is it?

You can put all the culture and restraunts and other bullshit into Melbourne.
But people will never pay more for land than here.
:lol:

Ever heard the saying location, location, location.

Well unfortunately for Melbourne the location is crap. :lol: :lol:
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
🇭🇲

UK Rugby League
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach

Cats_Steve wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:53 pm

the narrow roads

You gunna share which of these elite suburbs you live in? And why you're so incredibly proud?
I'm on the Northern Beaches.

Nothing to be proud about being better than Melbourne.

Perth, Gold Coast, Newcastle, Surfers are all better locations than Melbourne too.

Places with real beaches instead of St Kilda :lol: .
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
🇭🇲

UK Rugby League
Cats_Steve
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Geelong
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Cats_Steve »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:14 pm

Perth, Gold Coast, Newcastle, Surfers are all better locations than Melbourne too.

Why the constant need to "punch down" then?

I can only assume you're a surfer, otherwise you are just a pure nuff.
Never realised quite how much hate there was for AFL from our Northern friends.
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

Cats_Steve wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:34 pm
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:14 pm

Why the constant need to "punch down" then?

I can only assume you're a surfer, otherwise you are just a pure nuff.
He is a nuff nuff! Self explanatory with being a league fan
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:08 pm

The simple fact is Melbourne has no decent surfing beaches or waterways in the city area.
All you have is that shit brown Yarra river. Which is hardly an incentive to pay higher prices than Sydney is it?

Look where each city is located and the land and sea around theM idiot!
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach

leagueiscrap wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:01 pm

Waa waa, getting all sooky because the truth hurts.
Melbourne is shit.
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
🇭🇲

UK Rugby League
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:48 pm
leagueiscrap wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:01 pm

Waa waa, getting all sooky because the truth hurts.
Melbourne is shit.
Check the maps thick shit and learn about land and ocean around the cities,
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

If all you live for are beaches the. Melbourne city is not for you. But each city offers something great and should embrace this. We are very lucky in this country to have many different cities to live in and visit. Me, I love the qld weather. Hence I’m here but love visiting Melbourne ... the city, the food, the laneways, the coffee, the whole feel of sophistication I get when I get there. Even how people dress. So much to do and just a short drive you have done fantastic wineries from great pinots on the Mornington peninsula, so a hearty red in the Yarra ranges.
Veni, vidi, vici
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

Fred wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:01 pm
the city, the food, the laneways, the coffee, the whole feel of sophistication I get when I get there. Even how people dress. So much to do and just a short drive you have done fantastic wineries from great pinots on the Mornington peninsula, so a hearty red in the Yarra ranges.
freddo pal, your trying to convince a mob that cannot look past Melbourne is an AFL city! its evil and the pits of all cities in their eyes for that simple fact.
if it was a league city it would be one of the great cities off the world!

but in seriousness how do you find Melbourne now days as oppose to 5 or 10 years ago?
I find it a vastly different place and nowhere near as enjoyable now days
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:16 pm
Fred wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:59 pm
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.buz ... ne-nom-nom

26 Places That Prove Melbourne Is Truly The Food Capital Of The World
Melbourne is a city of amazing foods where all parts of the world are represented.
Sydney has enough good food places to enjoy just like Melbourne.

But Melbourne will never have any decent surf beaches in close proximity to the city no matter what they do.

Is a lost cause in that department for Melbourne. :wink:

Yes would agree on beaches. Not sure why this is so vital. Many great cities in the world don’t have beaches. And yes, have been to some great places to eat on Sydney with Doyle’s at Rose Bay and the one under the bridge both being very nice. I did find Sydney prices very expensive though for what you get. I just find the culture of eating out in Melbourne a whole different experience ... there’s a vibe to it... even getting breakfast there’s a vibe. That me though and only speaking for me. I did love China town in Sydney though and the best yum Cha I have ever had.

Sydney is just a different place ... with lots of great things too. Yes the beaches are okay (no Gold Coast) and the weather is a tad warmer to enjoy this. Circular quay is really nice and you can’t beat the opera house and bridge and the view of all that. The city I found too busy for me. And the driving and getting around ....crazy. I think it’s like comparing LA and New York .. two different places both with things to offer. Maybe you are either one or the other.
Veni, vidi, vici
Nah
Team: Greater Western Sydney Giants
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Nah »

Sydney has enough good food places to enjoy just like Melbourne.
Numbers, arguably yes, but convenience definitely no. Melbourne has numerous precincts that are absolutely great for tourists.
Melbourne is a great city for the returning tourist. Sydney is great for the first time tourist.
But Melbourne will never have any decent surf beaches in close proximity to the city no matter what they do.
Most of Sydney is NOT CLOSE to decent surf beaches. The bit of Sydney that is great, is great, but that is not the same as Sydney the huge metropolitan sprawl. Yes, if I was rich and could afford oceanside Sydney then I'd live there but overall Melbourne is a much more liveable city.