AFL is the whitest & most racist of all sports

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Re: AFL is the whitest & most racist of all sports

Post by Fred »

AngloFootballLeague wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:06 pm
Fred wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:19 pm
I see lots reported for the nrl ? Strange?

You have yo remember the afl is Aussie rules states is supported by a broad cross section of society ... no “class” distinctions that are traditionally associated with rl and ru divide.
But total lack of racial diversity

You think? I thought there were more aboriginal players in the afl than in nrl ... nrl slightly higher percentage but bigger lists obviously in afl. I think the islander population are suited to afl and much more suited to both rugbies. But certainly plenty of insigebious players. I think the afl have more and had more indigenious Africans playing with there being 4 or 5 having played at the top level. Not sure how many in nrl or ru top level. As for asians ... a few in the afl I believe but still low. I think you’ll find again it is probably representative of the numbers in society where afl is traditionally played maybe.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

NlolRL wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:53 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:25 pm
You got to remember
Club bosses can make jokes ..no problem ..defend him
Tell everyone he was tired ..not thinking .

The unwritten one whitey parent rule .

Then there's the fans ..over & over continual attacks on non white players .

Then there's the players themselves putting pen to paper to implore that the racism stops .u
GIl the dil apologising to Goodes for not stopping the racism & boos that drove him out of the game .

What a backward hick sport .
the players and fans overall call out racism which is how it should be addressed. In the NRL it can go unpunished and even unchallenged

It certainly seems more accepted within nrl ranks . Look at Johns and his comments at state of origin training ... still paid in the media , still respected ... all the accolades. It’s that ingrained no one blinks an eye lid.
Veni, vidi, vici
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 6 times

Post by AngloFootballLeague »

Fred wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:44 pm

You have yo remember the afl is Aussie rules states is supported by a broad cross section of society ... no “class” distinctions that are traditionally associated with rl and ru divide.

You think? I thought there were more aboriginal players in the afl than in nrl ... nrl slightly higher percentage but bigger lists obviously in afl. I think the islander population are suited to afl and much more suited to both rugbies. But certainly plenty of insigebious players. I think the afl have more and had more indigenious Africans playing with there being 4 or 5 having played at the top level. Not sure how many in nrl or ru top level. As for asians ... a few in the afl I believe but still low. I think you’ll find again it is probably representative of the numbers in society where afl is traditionally played maybe.
Afl is whiter than ....
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain

You got to remember

Then there's the players themselves putting pen to paper to implore that the racism stops .u
GIl the dil apologising to Goodes for not stopping the racism & boos that drove him out of the game .

the players and fans overall call out racism which is how it should be addressed. In the NRL it can go unpunished and even unchallenged
Educated yourself dummy;
https://www.google.com/amp/s/adisordero ... guire/amp/
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

A broad cross section of society where nearly all the supporters are white.

Hence the huge problems with racism in AFL.
The NRL would not have even a quarter of the amount of racist incidents as AFL.
An indigenous player has never been regularly racially by vilified in the NRL like Adam Goodes was in the AFL..

Also show me a team in the AFL followed by the Indigenous community like South's are?
None of the AFL teams have that connection with the Aboriginals.
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
🇭🇲
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Fred wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:46 pm
You got to remember

It certainly seems more accepted within nrl ranks . Look at Johns and his comments at state of origin training ... still paid in the media , still respected ... all the accolades. It’s that ingrained no one blinks an eye lid.
Johns was out of a job over his comments .made to an audience of about 20
Mc chins kept his .after making an ape joke on radio
Heard by 1000s .
You failed again
1 unco point for you
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

AngloFootballLeague wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:47 pm
Fred wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:44 pm

Afl is whiter than ....
The AFL has just as many indigenous players as the NRL. The major component we miss is Polynesian which is hardly surprising
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:15 pm

A broad cross section of society where nearly all the supporters are white.

Hence the huge problems with racism in AFL.
The NRL would not have even a quarter of the amount of racist incidents as AFL.
An indigenous player has never been regularly racially by vilified in the NRL like Adam Goodes was in the AFL..

Also show me a team in the AFL followed by the Indigenous community like South's are?
None of the AFL teams have that connection with the Aboriginals.

Who do you think those raised in Aussie rules states follow. That is the staple everyone is brought up on. Soccer is present for sure and you have a decent enough following there but most soccer supporters would still follow afl or a team. Rl and ru are virtually none existent and even those would have it as a second team (Storm) in Melbourne. So supporters of afl are the society/community by and large and mirror that. In the 2 rugby states you have traditionally had that code divide that doesn’t exist in afl states. With afl or Aussie rules now adding into this it seems this same thinking is being applied.

Imagine there was only rl in nsw for instance.... that’s it... everyone grows up on the one game. Sure there is soccer as there is now but imagine that is it. Well that’s how it is for afl.

You seem to think because islander people do not follow or play afl in the numbers they do the rugby codes that it is all white.

How many indigenous Africans playing nrl at the moment ?
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Essendon have a very strong connection to the Tiwi islands with many aboriginal players coming from there. Sheedy went on a personal crusade to develop and recruit in the 80s. As very strong on Aussie rules there. And rather than just have one team that apparently if your aboriginal you support ... the afl teams again reflect the community that supports them and aboriginal people support many teams. Not sure why they should support one?
Veni, vidi, vici
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

Fred wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:38 am
Essendon have a very strong connection to the Tiwi islands with many aboriginal players coming from there. Sheedy went on a personal crusade to develop and recruit in the 80s. As very strong on Aussie rules there. And rather than just have one team that apparently if your aboriginal you support ... the afl teams again reflect the community that supports them and aboriginal people support many teams. Not sure why they should support one?
Fred clutching at straws with an Island that has a few thousand people that likely has no interest in AFL lol..

You still have not come up with one single AFL team that the Indigenous community gets behind like South's. That is because there is no teams.

As for the class divide. That is ancient history and a load of bull these days.
The Roosters are far from being working class and neither is Manly.
Most houses in these areas are worth more than almost every home in Melbourne.

Africans playing in NRL not many. But there are Africans playing Ruby League globally.

Compared to AFL who have nothing outside Australia. No teams. No following, No interest.

Rugby League in the Cameroons

RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
🇭🇲
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Are there any indigenous Africans playing at the elite level of NRL? No?

Tiwi islands are part of Australia.

The fact Aboriginal people follow many teams (not one like you say happens in the NRL) I think is a positive - or at best irrelevant. Some could argue this is not a good thing - it is a very myopic world you live in I think but hey that's okay. Just cause a sport doesn't do things like the NRL do them doesn't make it wrong - it's called being a different sport......

So are there are more aboriginal players playing at AFL level than playing at NRL level? It would be very close re: actual numbers.

Is Aussie Rules the number one sport in many many indigenous communities - yes. There is a great documentary about the leagues in the outback - how they travel for hours to play another team - wearing no boots when they playas well some of them. So I am not sure, if this is indeed what you are alluding to, that Aussie Rules is not embraced by the indigenous community in this country - in fact, I know it is - for many remote communities it is what binds them at times. I'll look for the documentary for you.

Quick Google Search:

https://bcec.edu.au/assets/BCEC-After-t ... rt-Web.pdf

1 in 4 Indigenous men in Western Australia play AFL, second only to the Northern Territory at 31.2%.

Who wants to play footy?
• Almost 50% of young Indigenous men aged 15 to 19, living in the AFL States, participate in AFL.
• Participation in AFL increases as one moves away from the major cities – reaching more than 65% for young men aged between 15 to 29 living in remote areas of Australia

• 1 in 4 Indigenous men in the AFL States had played AFL in the last 12 months.

Indigenous players are now overrepresented on the team lists of the 18 clubs in the AFL.

37% of male Indigenous AFL players reported experiencing discrimination or racism, compared to 33% for nonparticipants.

http://www.aflplayers.com.au/article/af ... enous-map/

The map highlights the cultural diversity of the AFL’s Indigenous players with the league’s 87 male players and 22 female players represented across 71 cultural and language groups.

With roughly 10 per cent of the current AFL playing group identifying as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, the map demonstrates the connection the players across the league have to the country’s remote communities and language groups.”

http://www.aflplayers.com.au/wp-content ... 020_v3.pdf (MAP)

Anyway - just a few things. couldn't find the documentary.

There is still a long way to go - no doubt. Racism is still a big issue in the community and within the large family of AFL supporters that follow the game. It is pleasing to see when Racism rears it head that it is widely and unanimously condemned. There are issues within clubs too. I wished Collingwood would have just come out and apologised to Héritier Lumumba, noted the error of their ways, and used this to move forward and heal wounds - they haven't. There is an independent inquiry - great - but was it really needed - cause what it needs to do we already know - acknowledge fault - place blame where it lies - nothing less will be tolerated nor should it. The game is embraced by the indigenous community and it should be embraced equally by the sport. What it does do is give these racists a platform from which they can be exposed, educated, and if required, shut down.
Veni, vidi, vici
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Quolls2019 »

Australian rules is the most popular sport in the Tiwi islands.

It has strong female and male senior leagues with several junior leagues.
Rugby league has no competition there.
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

TO be fair, RL doesn't have a very strong presence re: local leagues and clubs etc. outside NSW and qLD - although NT in areas it does okay.
Veni, vidi, vici
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Quolls2019 »

NT yes...fair only...Tiwi islands no....although the NRl put in an effort in 2008/9.
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain

Quolls2019 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:24 pm
Australian rules is the most popular sport in the Tiwi islands.

It has strong female and male senior leagues with several junior leagues.
Rugby league has no competition there.
Does this mean Eddie didn't tell a racist joke on radio & afl ppl didn't dismiss it as a minor brain fade?