Roosters bring AFL star out of retirement

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Re: Roosters bring AFL star out of retirement

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:52 pm
Let’s say he makes a go of it ? Any chance he would go onto to regular season ? Maybe he could play in the World Cup, choosing to play on a minor nation team ? Is this possible ? That would be interesting .... playing in a World Cup.
Freddy, your kinda making a fool of yourself here pal. I suggest you toddle off and have a spell to save embarrasment.

I will critique your 'let's say' questions when they will of course be proven idiocy.

Stay well pal!!!
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

It’s just a question. I know nothing of how the nrl works. Why can’t you just reply yes or no. He could play in the World Cup for a crap team I would have thought? I’m open to be enlightened but no need to be rude .... and not answer the question .... could he potentially play for a World Cup team ???
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Plus it’s a hypothetical ... a what if.... which means assuming the first part happens .......could he go on a list ... is he already on their list in order to play ? And could he play World Cup for a Minow team ?
Veni, vidi, vici
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Terry wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:43 pm
Fred wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:52 pm
Let’s say he makes a go of it ? Any chance he would go onto to regular season ? Maybe he could play in the World Cup, choosing to play on a minor nation team ? Is this possible ? That would be interesting .... playing in a World Cup.
Freddy, your kinda making a fool of yourself here pal. I suggest you toddle off and have a spell to save embarrasment.

I will critique your 'let's say' questions when they will of course be proven idiocy.

Stay well pal!!!
:(/ :(/ :(/
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:59 pm
It’s just a question. I know nothing of how the nrl works. Why can’t you just reply yes or no. He could play in the World Cup for a crap team I would have thought? I’m open to be enlightened but no need to be rude .... and not answer the question .... could he potentially play for a World Cup team ???
Oh dear Freddo. You know nothing of the NRL but you continually talk and post about it. Kind of an oxy-moron there pal.

So to answer your questions: No. No. and No!!!

Hope that helps. Keep morale high pal!!!
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Is that opinion or fact ? Seriously curious. Surely he could qualify for a World Cup team if he was good enough ... the good enough being the hypothetical ?
Veni, vidi, vici
Nah
Team: Greater Western Sydney Giants
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Nah »

Terry wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:15 am
For someone to play RL at the top level they need ..
Not much at all.
It used to be reasonably common for people to play Australian Rules Football and then swap over to Norther English Rules Rugby in their latter sporting years in Sydney.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Nah wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:34 pm
Not much at all.
It used to be reasonably common for people to play Australian Rules Football and then swap over to Norther English Rules Rugby in their latter sporting years in Sydney.
Try to keep up stupid
We are talking about fully pro players from either code swapping to play in the other .
So far two rL players with little to no experience have made it to the ultimate level in the AFLOL universe .
Still waiting for a fumbler to make it into our 3rd level .

& please provide some proof of your claim .
Lol
It happened & I would bet it still happens in many bush leagues .
Play one code on sat & back up to play the other on sun .

🤣
Xman wrote
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

You ignore the fact afl crap (I suspect conveniently) thst it was a marketing ploy (that failed miserably) and neither player would not have had an opportunity to develop had they not been part of a start up team. Hunt took years to develop into a fringe player at best ... and credit to him... he would do okay at any sport he applied himself to I feel. Falou was basically a failure despite high potential ..... to lazy I feel possibly but naturally gifted ... hunt worked hard.
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Nah wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:34 pm
Not much at all.
Really?? You've have to supply names and details pal otherwise I call BS.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:30 pm
You ignore the fact afl crap (I suspect conveniently) thst it was a marketing ploy (that failed miserably) and neither player would not have had an opportunity to develop had they not been part of a start up team. Hunt took years to develop into a fringe player at best ... and credit to him... he would do okay at any sport he applied himself to I feel. Falou was basically a failure despite high potential ..... to lazy I feel possibly but naturally gifted ... hunt worked hard.
You ignore the fact Freddy boy that no matter what you say or excuses you give Hunt and Folau both played top level AFL.

And of course one of the greatest fumble coaches of all time said the AFL should try to lure Folau back to fumbling 4 years after he quit. Here's a couple of the quotes in this remarkable article from 2016.

"Give the ball to Izzy Folau coming out of defence and people will go 'wow'," Sheedy said.

"Izzy Folau will cut a swathe through them. He'll be like Michael Jackson coming out of the back line."

Take a read Freddy and educate yourself pal.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/afl ... r9mwq.html
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Terry wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:53 am
Fred wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:30 pm
You ignore the fact Freddy boy that no matter what you say or excuses you give Hunt and Folau both played top level AFL.

And of course one of the greatest fumble coaches of all time said the AFL should try to lure Folau back to fumbling 4 years after he quit. Here's a couple of the quotes in this remarkable article from 2016.

"Give the ball to Izzy Folau coming out of defence and people will go 'wow'," Sheedy said.

"Izzy Folau will cut a swathe through them. He'll be like Michael Jackson coming out of the back line."

Take a read Freddy and educate yourself pal.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/afl ... r9mwq.html
:(/ :(/ :(/

The but but buts are always hilarious .

🤣
Xman wrote
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

No doubt about it at all. But be real.

Now Izzy was and out and out failure. Be honest with yourself. Like I’ll be honest and say at least hunt was serviceable after years of training ... credit where credit is due. Izzy just didn’t have the tank but did have god given ability no doubt. Just not suited up aussie rules.

Now the afl with their millions paid both a a heap that didn’t go on the salary cap ... for marketing. Now if the nrl did this... or could afford to waste such money... they would have a plethora of players to choose from. Not saying all would succeed but players who are just natural athletes .. who would be good at any sport if they gave it a go... they’d do okay. But do agree to be a “star” would be hard.
Veni, vidi, vici
Nah
Team: Greater Western Sydney Giants
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Nah »

Fred wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:37 pm
Now Izzy was and out and out failure.
I disagree. Because Hunt and Folau didn't star people say they were abject failures. Hunt was serviceable and even stared once or twice. Folau, never found rhythm but he was better than Mike Pike when he began his AFL career. Pyke persisted and became an AFL premiership player. If Folau had the game in his heart he could've been sensational but he didn't and it showed.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:37 pm
No doubt about it at all. But be real.

Now Izzy was and out and out failure. Be honest with yourself. Like I’ll be honest and say at least hunt was serviceable after years of training ... credit where credit is due. Izzy just didn’t have the tank but did have god given ability no doubt. Just not suited up aussie rules.

Now the afl with their millions paid both a a heap that didn’t go on the salary cap ... for marketing. Now if the nrl did this... or could afford to waste such money... they would have a plethora of players to choose from. Not saying all would succeed but players who are just natural athletes .. who would be good at any sport if they gave it a go... they’d do okay. But do agree to be a “star” would be hard.
Gee Freddo...…...who to believe...…..one of the greatest coaches in fumbling history...…..or ……..ummm………….Fred ……...one of the ……….ahhhhh……….yeah...…………...forget it lololololololol!!!!!!!!!!