Minnowbourne storm named best team in Australasia

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

Minnowbourne storm named best team in Australasia

Post by notaleaguefan »

The Melbourne Storm have beaten the Crusaders and the NSW Breakers to be crowned the best sporting team in Australasia over the last five years.

Following an analysis of each team's win percentage, ladder performance and stability across 16 different competitions, the Storm came out on top.

Perennial Super Rugby powerhouse the Crusaders, who were last year's winners for being the most solid team over the past 25 years, landed in second place, with women's cricket side the NSW Breakers taking out the bronze.

Sydney FC was the top A-League side, taking out fourth place after a period featuring two grand final wins and two Premier's Plates.

Gain Line Analytics director and former Wallabies prop Ben Darwin said the analysis, which looked at 8210 individual matches over 138 teams, said the study looked to determine which side was the most "stable".

"It's about running a club in a good manner, and one of the things we focus on is clubs that develop instead of buying the answer," he said. "You can either have a short-term fix or long-term success."

"The Storms and Crusaders, they have an internal focus on how they recruit."
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/melbourne- ... 53epl.html
notaleaguefan
Banned

Re: Minnowbourne storm named best team in Australasia

Post by notaleaguefan »

sill with no local player, a financial basket cast and least supported professional football team in Melbourne! :(/

keep winning and maybe one day the support levels wont be so minnow
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Oh dear .
Jealous much .
They're doing just fine ...
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
notaleaguefan
Banned

Post by notaleaguefan »

[dropshadow=][/dropshadow]
AFLcrap1 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:20 pm
Oh dear .
Jealous much .
They're doing just fine ...
20 plus years and only produced one local player :wave:
local footprint and influence is killiing it
still next to irrelevant in Melbourne battling it out for most minnow professional sporting team in Victoria

and this is whilst they are the Best team in Australasia who keep winning in the NRLOL

whats going to happen when the winning stops :(/
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

You started a thread which states
The best team in Australasia .
Then try to disparage them .lol
Self ownage at its finest .
Why isn't a fumble team the best .

🤣
Xman wrote
notaleaguefan
Banned

Post by notaleaguefan »

Exactly 🚽

Can’t convince a local to play league
Still Most irrelevant professional football team in Victoria

They can’t keep winning for ever! Then what?
Fall back to most irrelevant team in Melbourne and struggle to attract fans and local players :wave:
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
I didn't give them the award .
Lol where are the fumble teams

🤣
Xman wrote
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

The Storm are the best thing to happen in the NRL for a long time.
I love to hate them being a Manly fan. But saying that they are probably the most professional club in the NRL along with the Roosters. Other teams can learn a lot from them.

And to expose one of the biggest cities in the country to NRL which previously had nothing can only be a good thing.

Hopefully when get one over them at Brookie next year. That would make me very happy.
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
🇭🇲
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Agree. Bellamy would have yo be the best coach I have seen and the Storm reflect that. Indeed having the Storm in Melbourne has been good for the NRL however unfortunately this has not transcended into RL which is a very minor sport in Victoria with there being a large portion of the state without even a presence and a very small league that covers all of Melbourne. Baseball, which I played in a Melbourne is far bigger for instance.
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

A great thread started by the man without a village. Well done pal.......you're starting to come around!!!!!

As for the Storms home grown players: It's gonna take a few generations for Melbourne kiddies to learn the skill, structure and physicality of Australia's most watched sport.

RL is not a game you can pick up after a couple of training runs and then play at the top level and be a super star of the sport. There is only one game in the world where you can do that.......The Australian Fumbling League!!!!!!!!

Remember that bloke that made his name training with a college women's basketball team in the U.S. He had never heard of fumbling. Never seen a game. Didn't know it existed. Nek minute........voila..... he's a fumbling super star lololololololol!!!!!! How embarrassing is that lololololol???????

The kiddies in Melbourne are gonna take a lotta lotta work to bring up to the standard required to play top standard RL. Fumbling folk see Irish bog farmers, yank ladies basketball training partners, RL players, long jumpers, long distance spitting champions and many many others come across and immediately be super stars of their game.

It can't and doesn't happen in RL. The game is too complex. The skill level required is far beyond fumblers. The physicality is immense. You get punished for mistakes. You get no points for missing. Yep......it's gonna take a lot lot longer for the poor unco Vic kids bought up on the feeble fumbling game.
notaleaguefan
Banned

Post by notaleaguefan »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:04 am
The Storm are the best thing to happen in the NRL for a long time.
I love to hate them being a Manly fan. But saying that they are probably the most professional club in the NRL along with the Roosters. Other teams can learn a lot from them.

And to expose one of the biggest cities in the country to NRL which previously had nothing can only be a good thing.

Hopefully when get one over them at Brookie next year. That would make me very happy.
Exposure yes! Are people taking note? Very few :wave:
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Terry wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:27 pm
A great thread started by the man without a village. Well done pal.......you're starting to come around!!!!!

As for the Storms home grown players: It's gonna take a few generations for Melbourne kiddies to learn the skill, structure and physicality of Australia's most watched sport.

RL is not a game you can pick up after a couple of training runs and then play at the top level and be a super star of the sport. There is only one game in the world where you can do that.......The Australian Fumbling League!!!!!!!!

Remember that bloke that made his name training with a college women's basketball team in the U.S. He had never heard of fumbling. Never seen a game. Didn't know it existed. Nek minute........voila..... he's a fumbling super star lololololololol!!!!!! How embarrassing is that lololololol???????

The kiddies in Melbourne are gonna take a lotta lotta work to bring up to the standard required to play top standard RL. Fumbling folk see Irish bog farmers, yank ladies basketball training partners, RL players, long jumpers, long distance spitting champions and many many others come across and immediately be super stars of their game.

It can't and doesn't happen in RL. The game is too complex. The skill level required is far beyond fumblers. The physicality is immense. You get punished for mistakes. You get no points for missing. Yep......it's gonna take a lot lot longer for the poor unco Vic kids bought up on the feeble fumbling game.
=D =D =D =D =D

🤣
Xman wrote
notaleaguefan
Banned

Post by notaleaguefan »

Terry wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:27 pm

skill and structure of league :lol:

run in a straight line with the ball under your arm. throw it left or right 6 meters for your team mate to catch, repeat 6 times then the oppositions time!
lmao that kinda skill and structure takes decades to hone :rofl:

its proven terry that nrlols finest cant play afl. they were out gunned by a bunch of kids!
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Problem is terry ... and I’ll ignore the dribble and try to answer seriously ... there are not many places for the kiddies to play the game. It’s not really played on school or on the streets. I am saying this seriously ... grassroots is pretty pretty low. If the arl or nrl or whoever runs the game want to grow the game they really need to get the juniors growing, fund school comps, place some rl posts maybe on school grounds .... hand out rl balls .... but there is nothing of any note. I agree it’s hard but where do they start .
Veni, vidi, vici
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

notaleaguefan wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:16 pm
sill with no local player, a financial basket cast and least supported professional football team in Melbourne! :(/

keep winning and maybe one day the support levels wont be so minnow
You keep saying this yet you know it's a lie.

The team has more support than 2 of Victoria's soccer teams and by the looks of it, are closing in on the Victory who are dropping down each season. So if that's the case, how can they be the smallest and least supported football club?

Stop eating and drinking so much soy, it'll rot your brain and turn you into some sort of feminist freak. Wth am I talking about, it already has, you already watch the wimpiest code of them all. :badgrin:
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.