Stockmarket

Society, politics, culture and everything and anything that doesn't fit on the other boards.
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Re: Stockmarket

Post by TLPG »

I don't have time at present (lots going on my household over the next few days) but seeing that it appears American I wouldn't read much into it. America didn't have the sorts of lockdowns we had certainly in Victoria, and I never saw prices come down here, because people weren't just not travelling by choice. We weren't travelling full stop. You would have seen the issue of travel in Coolangatta/Tweed Heads. It wasn't the same as America - AFAIK they never closed state borders anywhere, although I wouldn't be surprised if purely because of access Hawaii and Alaska might have been. It's like comparing apples and oranges.

If I have time I'll give it a listen though. But I'm a skeptic based on what I saw prices do in my area.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Price of Oil is set globally not locally. Yes, I’d suggest you listen then comment. Always good to be informed.

You didn’t think petrol was cheaper during lockdown than now? Again, have a listen and you’ll see how the whole industry was impacted - the shutting down of drilling reducing production then the following demand - less supply more demand - 101 economics.

It’s about 25 minutes - chuck it on in the car next trip.
Veni, vidi, vici
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

Aha - here's the problem. What I was talking about actually was not about the global price of oil. It's actually irrelevant. Australia's petrol pries have not moved with the global oil price - not at all. When they fell at one time our local bowser prices went in the opposite direction. And no - I wasn't saying the prices locally didn't go up recently. Of course it did. My point was that it didn't drop like a stone at the alternative time. It stayed around the low $1 a litre.

If the podcast is about global oil prices I won't bother.

And I don't drive for the record.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Why do you believe the cost of oil (which is universal) doesn’t impact petrol prices ? That is a large proportion of what makes up the cost of petrol. I’d strongly suggest having a listen then commenting.
Veni, vidi, vici